Graveyardcarz is restoring a 71 Demon 340

-
I've stopped watching which is sad because it is a Mopar-based show. Can't take the acting and I don't like the theme that only 100% OEM restorations are acceptable.

Yup Mark is one goofy dude but does know his stuff about MOPARS and makes sure everybody knows it.

I think your all confusing what Worman actually does, as opposed to his reality TV persona. I have never met him, nor seen one of his cars in person, but they look pretty nice. As far as his know it all attitude, I think that is TV, not him, as I am sure the fake drama and "tricks" they play on his daughter are not real either. Give the guy some credit. He is a regular old body shop guy, worked his way into his own shop, has a passion for Mopar Muscle Cars, made a great resto business on the side and got a TV show out of it. The TV show also probably, gives him a lot of the shop equipment as perks and free advertising. And I still think the guy is funny!

I think you guys nailed it. I'm fairly certain that he's a loud/obnoxious guy in real life...but I'm also totally certain that they're hamming it up for the camera. The tricks and the egos are really blown out of proportion, certainly at the direction of the production team/show runners. Reality TV shows are always at least 25% not reality.

And yes: Worman knows his stuff! There may be folks on here who know more than he does but he's got to be in the top 1% of Mopar "historians" and I'm glad that guys like him are out there.

I don't doubt you guys who say his restorations aren't perfect. I couldn't possibly care less about that fact. They're damn close, look and probably drive like factory fresh machines and they're actively saving cars that would have been scrapped. They're heroes in my book.

Not to change the subject, but speaking of less than excellent quality work coming from a car show, do you guys remember Pimp My Ride? I used to laugh my but off at some of the junk they turned out.
yes they would give it a 10,000 paint job and the engine would be on its last leg

I watch it to learn Mopar cars that I will never own or drive. There is some trickle down to A-bodies though. Too bad the producers wont let it be more like Fantomworks or Legendary Motorcars. Those are two shows I can't find fault with.

Mark is finally starting a resto on an A-Body seen on last nights show.
I have a 71 Demon 318 car Im going to restore FE5 red and the last 3 vin numbers are 666 so im seeing what they are up too because mine will look the same when done with the scoops, Im lucky don't have to replace any out side body panels

Resized_IMG_20160523_112024_15970567082381001.jpeg

20200110_135835 (2).jpg

20200110_123059.jpg

20200108_114948.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back