GREAT info on our cars:

-
Hi, Richard here from MyMopar.com. I was recently made aware of this posting by one of my site members and decided to weigh in on this post. I wish to clear up this issue and harbor no ill feeling towards FABO or HH. The dealership databook material in question was sent to me via postal mail on several DVDs claiming to be material from his personal collection. Since I don't spend really any time on other Mopar sites but my own I took his word for it and was impressed at the quality of the material and was excited to offer it online. Now that I have been made aware of this posting, I closely examined the pdf material I have and the jpg images of this material on the HH website. I can see clearly these pdf files are indeed from the HH website. With this positive identification, I have decided to remove all this material from MyMopar.com and off a sincere apology to Barry who I feel has acted with class considering the circumstances. I get various materials sent to me all the time from people, some stuff I put online and other stuff I don't that is obviously copyrighted material from Chrysler.

I hope the members of FABO can look past this and not negatively judge MyMopar as we are all die hard Mopar enthusiasts. If in the future anyone has any issues with me or my site, feel free to drop me a note

Richard

Way to man up Richard. Hopefully you won't accept materials from the aforementioned source in future. Thanks for the clarification.

"I wish to clear up this issue and harbor no ill feeling towards FABO or HH."

I would certainly hope not. Neither did anything to you.

How about your alter ego(s) coming back with some more thoughtful words too? :argue::munky2:

Not meaning to beat a dead horse here, but wanted to give an update. When I first got this stuff, I wanted to clear it with Chrysler to obtain their permission to offer the Data books and trim books online. I just got feedback from Chrysler Legal and they denied me rights to offer the Data book and trim books. Thus, there are legal rights with offering this material online. Just though everyone would want to know.

Richard

I heard a rumor a while back that they were going to start reproducing them to sell. If that rumor is true, then they will not want any free sources competing with their possible sales.

That is why they asked me to remove the engineering drawings years ago, but as far as I know, those books have not made it to market yet.

Richard, I'll send you an email........

I tried to contact you through your site but no luck. Can you email me please? sixpak340(at symbol)att.net

Thanks!

Barry

Attachments

• mm contact.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 55
Not meaning to beat a dead horse here, but wanted to give an update. When I first got this stuff, I wanted to clear it with Chrysler to obtain their permission to offer the Data books and trim books online. I just got feedback from Chrysler Legal and they denied me rights to offer the Data book and trim books. Thus, there are legal rights with offering this material online. Just though everyone would want to know.

Richard

I heard a rumor a while back that they were going to start reproducing them to sell. If that rumor is true, then they will not want any free sources competing with their possible sales.

That is why they asked me to remove the engineering drawings years ago, but as far as I know, those books have not made it to market yet.

Richard, I'll send you an email........

I guess it's not good enough that we bought their damn cars all these years, now they have to make a buck on us AFTER the fact. But how long do we have to wait? They tie this up? But don't make it available? That's even worse.

That's where the Heathkit situation sits, material that is a "must have" to any radio amateur with this old gear.

-
Back