GREAT info on our cars:

-
It's apparent what occurred. The silence is deafening.

I fixed the 340 casting numbers in the exhaust casting number listing over in our tech archive. Feel free to correct the list you copied, I mean compiled over at your site mrmopartech... :)

And please, no more personal messages, you got something to say, do it in the open. A nice start would be where you really got the scans... but we already know. As you said to me... TIME TO STEP UP!

It's apparent what occurred. The silence is deafening.

I fixed the 340 casting numbers in the exhaust casting number listing over in our tech archive. Feel free to correct the list you copied, I mean compiled over at your site mrmopartech... :)

And please, no more personal messages, you got something to say, do it in the open. A nice start would be where you really got the scans... but we already know. As you said to me... TIME TO STEP UP!

i hear nothing but crickets

Mahalo to WHOMEVER scanned the info... I appreciate and use it whenever I can. I'm sure it's saved me time and money and will continue too!

:cheers::cheers:

That would be Barry and the volunteers at Hamtramck Historical.

That would be Barry and the volunteers at Hamtramck Historical.

Thx to Barry and the volunteers @ Hamtramck Historical. Their info and site is awesome for 1st hand research :thumrigh:

Just out of curiosity, what type of permission has hh or mymopar received from Chyrsler to publish this material in the first place? if neither do, then no one should be puttin this stuff out there. if no permission is required, then I guess its the wild west out there as stuff get copied all over the web. just sayin. looking at both, the pdf files are a big improvement to copy a single file onto a memory stick.

I know in the past that Barry at HH was requested to remove some engineering drawings that were posted. He did so as requested by Chrysler

Whether HH has permission or not, and they very well may, not cool to swipe them in violation of his terms of use and claim them as your own.

Can you clarify? so ur saying if he HH doesn't have permission his act of larceny against chrysler is justified since he's a friend and if my mopar copied them he's a SOB? wrong is wrong regardless of who performs the act. HH terms are useless and not enforcable. I'm thinking HH doesnt have any permission. I have seen other sites that have permission post a disclaimer. maybe HH can step up and clarify his legal status?

I guess my point is how can hh place terms on material he doesn't own and may not even have legal permission to provide over the web? Even if he does have permission he can't place terms on somethin he doesn't own. Only chrysler can do that.

New member and first post in here. Interesting

Maybe you should ask Barry regarding your legal hypothesis.

I do own the 67 Plymouth data book and donated scans to HH. comparing my original scans to the ones on mymopar they are the exact same. save where mymopar cropped off the HH watermarks and added their own.

I visit lots of Mopar message boards but usually never comment but decided to post here since it raises many points. I don't know the guys at HH or mymopar, so I ain't got a dog in this one. One thing I know is I'm not gonna be a hypocrite an call it strait down the middle. If neither have right to post this stuff it should all be removed. Simple as that. I'll instead let you choose sides.

I visit lots of Mopar message boards but usually never comment but decided to post here since it raises many points. I don't know the guys at HH or mymopar, so I ain't got a dog in this one. One thing I know is I'm not gonna be a hypocrite an call it strait down the middle. If neither have right to post this stuff it should all be removed. Simple as that. I'll instead let you choose sides.

Ya know there Dave, for not having a dog in this one, all your Scooby Snacks are in this kennel. Most folks join in on a forum and start over on the "Welcome Wagon" posts. Ya know, "Hi, my name is Dave. I come from the Canadian province of Timbuknowhere. I got me this super awesome Cuder". Or at least something like that. Yet, ALL of your posts are on this thread, pulling the tigers tale and claiming neutrality. As a rule, most lurkers only sign in and post when they see a deal they can't pass up, like Max Wedge parts for /6 prices or when someone posts pics of their wife in the nude.

What gives? I checked the blue forum and didn't see your wife there.

I only know one Dave who goes to the trouble to create a new user name just to harass people. I just ignore him, I have better things to do, I am sure he does also.

For the rest of you, when Chrysler sold the reproduction rights for the engineering drawings listed at HH, one of the gentlemen in Chrysler's legal department did ask me to remove them. I did so. They did not want a 'free' source competing with a vendor who bought the rights to publish them in book form. I also asked him at the time if there was anything else on the site that was an issue between them & us. I was told 'not at this time' & the gentleman even complimented the site, he enjoyed it.

I have not been contacted by them for any reason since. Nothing with their logo is for sale, it is a repository of documents, photos & history from my personal collection & from the collections of others.

There was also a person who ripped content from another site & emailed it to me as 'his'. That site owner recognized his scans & contacted me to let me know. I asked the donor that supplied them to me where he got them & he said off the web. His submissions were deleted from HH & I apologized to the site owner they were taken from, & he accepted the apology.

Hi, Richard here from MyMopar.com. I was recently made aware of this posting by one of my site members and decided to weigh in on this post. I wish to clear up this issue and harbor no ill feeling towards FABO or HH. The dealership databook material in question was sent to me via postal mail on several DVDs claiming to be material from his personal collection. Since I don't spend really any time on other Mopar sites but my own I took his word for it and was impressed at the quality of the material and was excited to offer it online. Now that I have been made aware of this posting, I closely examined the pdf material I have and the jpg images of this material on the HH website. I can see clearly these pdf files are indeed from the HH website. With this positive identification, I have decided to remove all this material from MyMopar.com and off a sincere apology to Barry who I feel has acted with class considering the circumstances. I get various materials sent to me all the time from people, some stuff I put online and other stuff I don't that is obviously copyrighted material from Chrysler.

I hope the members of FABO can look past this and not negatively judge MyMopar as we are all die hard Mopar enthusiasts. If in the future anyone has any issues with me or my site, feel free to drop me a note

Richard

Hi, Richard here from MyMopar.com. I was recently made aware of this posting by one of my site members and decided to weigh in on this post. I wish to clear up this issue and harbor no ill feeling towards FABO or HH. The dealership databook material in question was sent to me via postal mail on several DVDs claiming to be material from his personal collection. Since I don't spend really any time on other Mopar sites but my own I took his word for it and was impressed at the quality of the material and was excited to offer it online. Now that I have been made aware of this posting, I closely examined the pdf material I have and the jpg images of this material on the HH website. I can see clearly these pdf files are indeed from the HH website. With this positive identification, I have decided to remove all this material from MyMopar.com and off a sincere apology to Barry who I feel has acted with class considering the circumstances. I get various materials sent to me all the time from people, some stuff I put online and other stuff I don't that is obviously copyrighted material from Chrysler.

I hope the members of FABO can look past this and not negatively judge MyMopar as we are all die hard Mopar enthusiasts. If in the future anyone has any issues with me or my site, feel free to drop me a note

Richard

Richard, you have gained my respect. I will have to check out mymopar now and will likely become a member.

If neither have right to post this stuff it should all be removed. Simple as that. I'll instead let you choose sides.

Dave, I'm responsible for most of the scans of the Data and Color and trim books on HH. Before starting the venture, I looked and checked as copyright violation was a concern of mine. There are no copyright notifications listed in the books.

But thanks for your care and concern.

Richard,
From myself & all the volunteers who have helped out with HH over the years, thank you for being gracious about it & investigating your source & the scans on your own.

If any apology is to be made, it should come from the person that copied the files & sent them to you. I have found myself in the same situation before as I mentioned, so I know it happens.

Group hug everyone & thanks!

Barry

Attachments

• group hug.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 127
-
Back