Great to B Back, procharged r3 finally ready!

-

Boxer

Reaction score
Well its been around two years since I have posted, my 70 swinger has been tied up in a ugly divorce for almost 3years. I finally got it back and picked my motor up from the shop on Fri. Its a R3 block, 442ci, all the good stuff on the low end, indy 360 heads and intake, F1 procharger with water injection. The cam is a comp hyd roller that was spec'd by the Super charger store, who by the way are great people and really no there stuff.
It made 977hp, 872ft lbs @ 6000rpm, and made 18lbs boost. This was all done with a 4.5 inch pulley, we had a 4 in pulley but didn't even try it, all the numbers were perfect, but it would certainly make well over 1000 with the 4 in pulley.
So I started to install it over the weekend, and ran into a big snag, since its been 2.5 years the motor has been out, I have lost a mount and had to call Bill at RMS and order another one. Hope it gets here tomorrow!!

pictures/video or it didn't happen! lol

Can't wait to see more about this one

here are a couple of it. I think I posted a bunch of the car a couple years ago. I will look and see whats there

Attachments

• IMG_20130909_143836_627[1].jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 820
  • IMG_20130909_143849_621[1].jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 639
a couple of the car

Attachments

• IMG_20130608_115911_139[1].jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_20130608_120006_850[1].jpg
    45 KB · Views: 456
You seriously gonna put that kinda power to 7-8" street tires..... Be safe my friend!!!

nice very powerful ehgine...get it to hook and it will be sick!

One thing I'll give my ex-wife - we agreed that if she didn't bring up my cars I wouldn't bring up her horses so those assets were not fought over. We set the values equal and they offset.
Glad it worked out for you - welcome back - and like Rick said - keep it going where you want it...lol.

Oh that looks like it's going to be fun. What stroke crank you have in the bottom end? Are you using the 360-1 or -2 Indy heads?

Yeah, if I didn't get my dart back from the EX-wife she would still get her horse back

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZtyvlzVm7Y"]GODFATHER Classic HORSEHEAD Scene - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks all:
Oldmanrick, right, I had this setup in the car before I had issues with the first builder, and it was a handful then. I would guess I have an extra couple hundo hp now, and realize I needs ta b careful!! LOL I have RMS suspension front and rear, and I hooks pretty good, no mater what there is no need to matt it from the start or rolling start, the trick is to put as much peddle to it as will handle without blowing the tires off! Easier said then done, but it did work well before. With a couple hundo xtreee HP, whooo knowwws, I will let ya know.

Zhandfull, it is a 4 in stroker crank, and it has 360-1 heads with the windjammer cnc porting.

I got the motor installed last night, couldn't find the flex plate bolts so can to a halt. Should have bolts in hand this afternoon, and install trans and exhaust tonight. Broke the damn dist. cap last night, so had to order one, will be here in the morning. O the pain the pain, of another day of not being able to fire it up!!!!! LOL.
Trying to get it ready for the street drags fri night, damn gonna have ta really push it to make it.

Oldmanrick, right, I had this setup in the car before I had issues with the first builder, and it was a handful then. I would guess I have an extra couple hundo hp now, and realize I needs ta b careful!! LOL I have RMS suspension front and rear, and I hooks pretty good, no mater what there is no need to matt it from the start or rolling start, the trick is to put as much peddle to it as will handle without blowing the tires off! Easier said then done, but it did work well before. With a couple hundo xtreee HP, whooo knowwws, I will let ya know.

Very cool :thumleft:. That is a really impressive build. Good luck getting her done for Fri.

One more thing oldmanrick, the tires on the rear are 335 r50's and are almost 13 inches, I did do a mini tub on it.
Well it close should fire it up this afternoon, I will shoot some vids!!

-
Back