Green paint?

-

cmac64dart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok I just wanted to know is this normal. This 360 has been sitting for years and I'm finally getting into it. Green paint on the block under the intake? Peeling in some places, Normal???? I didn't expect this

20210130_160129.jpg

Ok I just wanted to know is this normal. This 360 has been sitting for years and I'm finally getting into it. Green paint on the block under the intake? Peeling in some places, Normal???? I didn't expect this

View attachment 1715680709
Not normal. Somebody thought the oil would drain better. If it doesn't make a lot of horsepower don't worry about it. I don't like peeling paint inside a engine.

Hmm, I might attempt a cleanup
I would have the shop vac running while chipping the paint off. Tip it over and pull the pan. That paint has to settle somewhere. May be in the pick up screen.

Oil eventually turns poisonous "green" ,,,,,,,,,don't touch anything on that motor, keep it complete, ship it to me and I'll properly dispose of it at an official EPA disposal site. There is a disposal fee!

Supposedly this motor has under 10k on it since it left the machine shop. I guess the paint wasn't installed properly . I think it's a horrible idea anyway.

-
Back