Greetings from North Alabama

-

airwoofer

Drivetrain limit explorer
Reaction score
I am the new owner of a white 68 Cuda fastback that has been a track-only car the last many years. Bought it from the widow a friend who recently passed. He loved that car and his widow needed some help so I paid way too much for it and now (kinda) own it, less the title. BTW, anybody from around here probably knew Zack and his "Bad Medicine" car from Huntsville Dragway. He could hit a light with the best of them.

Anyways, it is pretty rough as it sat outside for the last 15 tears. Needs the rear quarter panel lower sections replaced. The body has never been wrecked. It sports a pretty well cammed 340 which I am told is a pretty good block, but I have not been under the car to see the casting data. Sounds cool as can be. Has mufflers but they dont help much.

I am no MOPAR man by any means and am not sure which trannie is in the car - there are 2 others I will get as well as a few engines and other misc stuff. Has the race shifter.

As soon as this weather clears I should be able to get into their sheds and hopefully dig up the "car" parts that were removed, especially the side glass. If I can get enough parts to make it worthwhile it will get some body work done and painted in the WW1 white it used to be before surface rust creeped in. My intent after cleaning it up and putting an air cleaner on is to get a tag on the car so I can run it down my street (used by the locals as a strip), to the track, to the local pool bars. :snakeman:

Things I am looking for:

Trunk lid - this one has a spoiler fabbed onto it. Looks great but as long as I am going to paint the car why not get a straight trunk also painted for it.

Passenger and driver side mirrors - hard to back without them. Are there "bullet" mirrors that are correct for the car?

Possibly side glass and hardware.

Anyhows, been lurking and learning. Great website!!

Welcome to FABO from North-Central Alabama (just outside of Birmingham).

WELCOME!!! I was born in south Ala. still got people there, grew up and still live in Texas!!!

I could be wrong but why dont you put up some pics of the deck lid.Some cars had a low wing originally.

I could be wrong but why dont you put up some pics of the deck lid.Some cars had a low wing originally.

This spoiler was designed by my buddy and custom made for him. It really looks good to me and makes the FB look so much sleeker. This spoiler has been riveted on and will have to be removed so the trunk lid can be painted. then I can use aerospace type fasteners to put it back on. Sorry I have no way to take / post pics.

It would be nice to find a nice stock trunk lid for the car so it can be painted at the same time.

Hi, welcome.
I too am from North Alabama, I live in Lexington about 20 miles east of Florence. I don't have an A-body, but here's a link to my Mopars (2 Chargers). http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=49480

Jason

That is a very nice job on what is my favorite Mopar. BTW, if you want into a FB fish to work on next and use as a track car I have the perfect one with lots of extras.

I have way too many toys and hobbies / chores to allow myself to get seriously bitten by the MOPAR bug.

Welcome airwoofer, I am located in south Tennesee area. I know the car your talking about very well "Bad medicine", We raced against it several times at Huntsville in the footbrake class in our Duster, won some lost some. Losing to a Mopar was better than a Chevy.. He lived pretty close to the track as I recall, we dropped off the scene a couple of years back as our kids started growing up and time at the track was less and less.

Again welcome to the best Mopar site around....
Mike

HuntsvillePic-2.jpg

Welcome airwoofer, I am located in south Tennesee area. I know the car your talking about very well "Bad medicine", We raced against it several times at Huntsville in the footbrake class in our Duster, won some lost some. Losing to a Mopar was better than a Chevy.. He lived pretty close to the track as I recall, we dropped off the scene a couple of years back as our kids started growing up and time at the track was less and less.

Again welcome to the best Mopar site around....
Mike

HuntsvillePic-2.jpg

Cool! Skippy (Zack liked to say he was the "Skipinator"!) claimed he was pretty good at racing. He never had much money and did the best he could with what he had. I remember him coming into the local pool bar where I met him (was called Heidis) and he said he won the Sat night bracket race. Guy was one of a kind and they broke the mold after him.

If I can get a tag for the car it will read "SKIPN8R".

Welcome to FABO from SoCal! Lots of good folks here to provide whatever help and information you may need.

-
Back