Greetings From So Cal

-

6dart9

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Just bought my first Mopar a 1969 Dodge Dart Western Sport Special.

Have been a chevy guy all my life until about 2 years ago

Looking to make mine a GTS Clone If anyone has more info on how rare the Western Sport Specials please let me know

Welcome, I'm from Mexicalifornia also.

I've never heard of the "Western Sport Special"...

Hello Everyone,

Just bought my first Mopar a 1969 Dodge Dart Western Sport Special.

Have been a chevy guy all my life until about 2 years ago

Looking to make mine a GTS Clone If anyone has more info on how rare the Western Sport Specials please let me know

Western Sport Special are sort a trim appearance package in California, AZ at least. Some moldings, a interior upgrade, maybe power steering and a radio.

Once a car gets painted over the last 35+ years, no one put the Western Sport Special decals back on. So you see WSS around that you just don't know since the stickers are missing.

Not worth it to stop building the clone GTS you want. Not extremely rare and not really desirable to add any value at all over any other dart with similar options.

WWS's are similar ideas to White Hats Specials: http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/vintage-advertising/69_dodge_dart_white_hat_special.jpg

I think the Western Sport Special stickers go about right where the 69 GTS bumble bee stripes go.

B15312.jpg

Welcome aboard. What part of Orange County are you in? there are a few of us in Anaheim, and around the OC.

welcome! you all ready tought me something new.a wss never herd of one till now,maybe cause im in kansas.enjoy yourself.

welcome! you all ready tought me something new.a wss never herd of one till now,maybe cause im in kansas.enjoy yourself.

First off let me welcome our nw member.
Same here!! I never herd of them ether.
And I was born in Sacramento Ca.

Welcome to FABO! I have seen many WSS cars over the years but as Steve said, many more probably passed by unnoticed because the WSS applique never went back on after a repaint. This package brings to mind all of the unique regional packages Mopar offered - like the White Hat Specials.

welcome! i've seen a few darts and challengers that are western sport specials. post some pics when you can.

glad to see you came from the dark side. just kiddin'!

what were you driving as a bowtie boy?

Thanks for all the welcomes and insight I live in Orange CA

I was a Camaro Guy I came to Mopar after my Father in Law's Roadrunner was Overhauled

DSCF18792.jpg

I was a Camaro Guy I came to Mopar after my Father in Law's Roadrunner was Overhauled

DSCF18792.jpg

Troy at Westoaks Mopar Performance in Thousand Oaks was on the show that helped build that 69 RR convertible. Troy's a neighbor and clubmember in our Mopar club up here.

He said he had a great time working on it and put in a lot of hours.

Any chance that your Dart and you Father in Law RR vert will make it up to Spring Fling this year??? Troy said he hasn't seen the car since.

If you need any Mopar Performance stuff give Troy at Westoaks a call. 1-800-748-6118 x255 He's the largest MP and TTI dealer, so he get great prices on that stuff. Plus, he'd love to hear how the car is doing.

Welcome 6dart9 from another Orange County '69 Dart owner! I live in Placentia and have a Dart under construction. We'll have to compare notes. Are you planning a 'stock-appearing' GTS clone build or going to do a bit of modifying along the way?

I will be in need of some parts soon because i want to change it over to a electronic ignition I will have to keep him in mind

The Roadrunner is good he doesn't take it out much to shows we were just at the John Force Holiday show. We will be at Spring Fling but he will not have his RR with him.

Welcome 6dart9 from another Orange County '69 Dart owner! I live in Placentia and have a Dart under construction. We'll have to compare notes. Are you planning a 'stock-appearing' GTS clone build or going to do a bit of modifying along the way?

I probably won't do a stock appearing clone however i am not fully sure yet. I like the look with the hood and the rear stripe we will see where i decide to go with it. My father in law lives in Placentia as well its a small town. about where in Placentia are you?

I will be in need of some parts soon because i want to change it over to a electronic ignition I will have to keep him in mind

The Roadrunner is good he doesn't take it out much to shows we were just at the John Force Holiday show. We will be at Spring Fling but he will not have his RR with him.

Why not bring the RR out?

Chris from Overhaulin' is always out at the show.

I'm thinking about putting together a special display of Mopar Overhaulin' cars? Would that interest him?

Why not bring the RR out?

Chris from Overhaulin' is always out at the show.

I'm thinking about putting together a special display of Mopar Overhaulin' cars? Would that interest him?

It might let me know what you have in mind and i will pass it along

-
Back