Greetings

-

69eliminator

Dad's Pit Crew
Reaction score
I am on here for my dad. He has a 69 Dart 440 4 speed.

dad.jpg

Welcome aboard, That is a great looking Dart =P~, and a fun one to drive I bet.:-D
Pull up a chair and sit a spell and enjoy this great site :cheers:

Thanks guys. The car is dad's, but I bought the car (originally a slant 6, 3 on the tree car) and gave it to him for his birthday. Then we pulled the 6 and 3 out and proceeded to build what you see now. We did some cool custom stuff, like building an instrument cluster with full Autometer instrumentation. It looks really cool. I did all the engine, body and paint so I really appreciate the comments. We moved the rear spring perches to the inboard side of the frame rail and were able to squeeze a 275 60 15 under the rear. I know we did some other stuff, but I can't think of it right now. Now he wants to put a 440 based stroker in it and I am trying to gather information on vendors so I make the right purchase on a stroker kit. I personally am a Mercury guy, but don't hold that against me.:-D

Nice Merc, I like your style. Do you think maybe you could consider adding your own A body to your stable lol, welcome.

Nice Merc, I like your style. Do you think maybe you could consider adding your own A body to your stable lol, welcome.

Maybe, if I didn't have too many projects already. I pretty much like all of the classics, but I have built up such an inventory of Ford junk, it would be hard for me to start over with a new brand. LOL. Dad's project has been a huge learning experience, a lot of things are the same from brand to brand, but a lot of things are different too.

Welcome
My mom bought a 69 Cougar new-did most of my drivers ed in it. Trivia: 69 is the only year of the horizontal grill motif, all other years are vertical.

Hey. Welcome to FABO. Your dad has a great looking car. Enjoy the website because there is a lot of knowledge from these guys and gals. Have fun. Jerry

Whats the specs on that bad boy (motor, tranny, rearend ect.) any 1/4 mile times.

Which one? Errr how about I just give you both.

Dart

440 .060 over 6 pack rods and pistons, purple cam, edelbrock aluminum heads, Edelbrock SP2P(I think) intake, Harland Sharp roller rockers...

Tranny is just a stock 4 speed

Rearend is a 8 3/4 posi 3:89 with Yukon axles.

Best 1/4 mile pass was 12.90

Cougar

427W all forged internals, stock block, Pro Action heads 2.08/1.60 215cc intake runner, Victor Jr Intake, 680 lift solid roller, crane gold roller rockers with girdles, 10.9:1.

H&M Transmissions (Castle Rock, CO) Turbo 400 Manual Reverse Valve body, J&W Ultra bell, Continetal Converter (4200) stall

9" Locker 31 spline 3:89 with Mosier Axles.

Put 430 to the rear wheels on the chassis dyno. Car weighs 3700 with me in it. Best 1/4 mile pass was 11.34 at 119.

Great looking cars! The dart may be my favorite year and color combo. Don't feel too isolated with the Ford stuff, my daily driver is a '68 Galaxie XL and I've actually gotten a lot of tips on it here. Lots of CAR people.

Welcome to FABO to both of you! Nice Dart and nice Cougar. You sure don't see too many Cougar either out on the road or at the shows.
More pics of both please!

-
Back