Gregg Joseph says...

-

70DartSedan

Not Banned - just hiding
Reaction score
:wack:
"Especially in '70 when they totally reconfigured the 'Cuda body and made it into a TRUE pony car."

This was on American Icon: Muscle Car.

Sounds like he thinks the A bodies don't get their due respect.:dontknow:

Often, the term pony car refers to the long hood, short deck styling as used on Mustwangs and Crapmaros of the day. The 67-69 Barracuda notchbacks did not fit this mold.

I still prefer the lines of the A-body version over the E-body though :)

Garnt

Gregg who? Is he an actor? And what the hell is a Mustang, a horse?

This was on the TV. The guy was saying that and it kinda got under my skin because the Barracuda was designed to be competition for the Mustang.

-------------------------

I hope your kidding, because if you don't know what a Mustang is then you've been lost.

Gregg who? Is he an actor? And what the hell is a Mustang, a horse?

He's a PhD (Piled Higher and Deeper) who was talking about muscle cars on the TV.

I nominate this thread for the dumbest one yet this year

huh.png

Really? Is it necessary to behave in a juvenile manner? :wack:

I nominate this thread for the dumbest one yet this year

huh.png

Look, if you don't want to give your opinion on the comment made by a self-proclaimed expert, be my guest. No hard feelings, just don't post if you think it's stupid, just click the back button.

Really? Is it necessary to behave in a juvenile manner? :wack:

Look, if you don't want to give your opinion on the comment made by a self-proclaimed expert, be my guest. No hard feelings, just don't post if you think it's stupid, just click the back button.

No, YOU "look" I don't have any idea nor do I care who this Greg character is. How is it that anyone cares what he says?

Sort'ha like quoting something like Rosie O'damnDonnell said somethin

And just because you don't like MY opinion, that does not make me juvenile. mmmmkay? You posted this, that means you can take the flak.

No, YOU "look" I don't have any idea nor do I care who this Greg character is. How is it that anyone cares what he says?

Sort'ha like quoting something like Rosie O'damnDonnell said somethin

And just because you don't like MY opinion, that does not make me juvenile. mmmmkay? You posted this, that means you can take the flak.

You want enemies keep at it bub, I know what I did, I know what I posted, and if you TRUELY didn'/t care why did you post in the first place? Like I said, if you don't like it leave,a dn don't post in this thread anymore. I don't care, if you care, I don't care if you don't know who Gregg Joseph is, even though I just posted who he was, it's YOUR problem, not mine.

Yet another "informed" host of a TV show, probably just reading from a cue card or script. Doesn't even know that the E body was based on the B body platform, or the "intermediate" sized platform. Hardly a pony car, but I'm sure he doesn't know what that refers to either!!! Stick to your Chivvy roots Gregg, Mopar doesn't look good on you!!! Geof

You want enemies keep at it bub, I know what I did, I know what I posted, and if you TRUELY didn'/t care why did you post in the first place? Like I said, if you don't like it leave,a dn don't post in this thread anymore. I don't care, if you care, I don't care if you don't know who Gregg Joseph is, even though I just posted who he was, it's YOUR problem, not mine.

That's a pretty threatening remark, and for the record, you DID NOT post "who he is." Why are you defending this guy? He's an idiot YOU are the one who started this post, so don't ***** when people note their dislike. I'm done with your ***

That's a pretty threatening remark, and for the record, you DID NOT post "who he is." Why are you defending this guy? He's an idiot YOU are the one who started this post, so don't ***** when people note their dislike. I'm done with your ***

Really, are you that thick?

He's a PhD (Piled Higher and Deeper) who was talking about muscle cars on the TV.

Here, you want to know who he is, it's above, and a few posts up on the page. I'm not threatening anyone, I'm saying, if you have a problem, and you persist I will not sit idly by. If you had any sense at all in your brain you would realize I NEVER defended him. I NEVER said anything in his defense, infact, I'm ripping him and the whole, American Icon: Muscle Car series, it's filled with idiots like him, and many inaccuracies. I'm not complaining about you disliking, this thread, I'm complaining at the way you brought it up, there's plenty of other opportunities to be nasty, and more appropriate situations. The old addage comes to mind "If you ain't got somethin' nice to say don't say anything at all".

Back on topic...
If you watch the show (HD Theatre/Velocity) it is a real let down when they talk about Mopars. I was assuming that it would be more popular and I'd have some more input about the show. Such is life - can't win 'em all... no big deal :)

Watched a show on that network called Chasing Classic Cars in which one guy replyed to another as they where looking at a 1957 Dodge convertable "These cars just don't have the quality as GM cars" I dont know about anyone else but in my opinion the 1957-1958 Chryler Corperation cars where works of art. I felt like punching the TV...LOL

E bodys ride like Crapola!

It get's rather tiring to hear that all of the time and "USUALLY" (not saying you don't), from people that are just rehashing what they have read on the 'net or have heard from others that have little, to no real experience with E-bodies. I have owned loads of A, B and E-bodies and I have good ones and bad ones. The worst are the cars that have been abused over the years, or were poorly restored. I had a survivor '70 'Cuda 440+6bbl 4-spd Super Track Pak shaker car with less than 20k miles on the original untouched body. I drove that car everywhere, including a trip in NYC. It was a pure joy, with no rattles or squeaks that you would expect to hear in a 40 year old car! I had a low mile '72 slant 6 Scamp that was a pure POS that did snap, crackle and pop on every pot hole or road expansion joint it hit... My '69 Super Bee probably rides the best out of them all (also unrestored, as factory built):D
I'll let you fellows know how my '69 340 Swinger measures up in the spring:burnout:

-
Back