grille and tail interchange between 67 and 68 barracuda

-

Neal Zimmerman

Reaction score
I looked and couldn't find this conversation, but if it exists please direct me to it.
I have a 68 fastback Barracuda. Locally here, a guy has a lot of nice 67 stuff for a good price. Mint front grille assembly (Surrounds and everything else) and tail assembly ( lenses, finish panel and trims).
I know about all the visual differences between the years, BUT what I want to know is if this stuff will physically bolt up to 68 Sheetmetal, in other words swapping and switching to make a 67/68 hybrid. My 68 stuff is so trashed that I am willing to go this route , even though it kind of irks me.
Thanks , Neal

I believe everything will swap over physically. You "should" match the taillight housings to 67 style. You would have to drill holes for the 67 center tail panel piece. 68 has lower and upper but no middle piece.
Grille pieces will mount up as well I believe.

68 outer headlight bezels had an "extra" screw hole in them I believe vs the 67. Please dont drill that extra hole....I'm looking for a nice set of 67 headlight bezels....
Good luck

I tried that swap on the grill, and found out that altho they look very similar, everything is just different enough that you more or less have to swap all or nothing. If you do that then yes, the 67 grill-works will fit into the 68 opening. So if you can get the parts for a good price, go for it.
I eventually went back to a 68 grill-works in the 68 opening.
At the back I installed the 69 taillights, and the FormulaS panel, with 69 back-ups.
So for a while, I confused a few people with my 67/68/69 lights., lol

You'll need to do something with backup lights, as the '68's are part of the taillight assy, whereas the '67 and '69 have the backup lights in the lower valance.

-
Back