Grinders new headers!

-
Reaction score
These are I think 'old' clifford full length duals that I sold Grinder

I took pics of the install and with different intakes including his new aussie speed 4 brl!

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

Sweet! Is there a bracket to support the intake?

Well so far he's running the iron 1brl till he get a 4 brl carb and or kick down cable, thing is he's going 4spd so he might wait till the sticks in.

We talked about drilling the side bosses to install some brackets kinda like the A/C uses but long enough, or even something that comes off of the water pump and bolts on the front would work.

Also going with sb oil pan arp stud kit to hold it all together.

ARP sb pan stud kit is the way to go with a slant.

Good stuff! I love slants,and have had several stock ones. Could never kill them. Why dont you guys blast and paint the headers? The intake puts them to shame..

Good stuff! I love slants,and have had several stock ones. Could never kill them. Why dont you guys blast and paint the headers? The intake puts them to shame..

HA HA HA I know huh?:toothy10:

Will prabably scuff'em real good and high temp'em when he gets his 4brl going.
I was even saying 'hey I have some engine paint'.. but it wasn't the goal at the time.

Thanks for posting the pics broham!

Just wanted to install the headers since I was doing my exhaust system,still running the 1 bbl.

When it comes to spending money I only like to buy things once,so my 1 bbl. slant has a better exhaust system than some of the 4 bbl guys:-D

The shop did a great job! 2 1/2 in. off the collector y piped into a single 2 1/2 pipe into a flowmaster delta 44(old school muffler,suprised the guy had one around) down to a 2 1/4 tail pipe. This should be about the best set up for a slant as far as scavaging benifits go.Sounds deep and V8-esque under 3000 rpm and just gets nasty under full throttle after that. You slant six guys with headers know what I am talking about:love7: But its dead quiet when cruising!

This exhaust system will be perfect for the 200+ hp I am shooting for with my future build.

-
Back