GTS Hood

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD website shows they're temporarily out of stock. Looks like $600 price tag. No photo.
Anybody know anything about their fit and quality?

I can't speak for their hoods, but if it's anything like the other sheetmetal they sell, I can tell you their parts are the best quality and fitment currently on the market today.

I bought a pair fenders and trunk extensions from AMD for my 69 GTX tribute, and my body shop said they practically installed themselves. lol

I can't speak for there hoods, but if it's anything like the other sheetmetal they sell, I can tell you their parts are the best quality and fitment currently on the market today.

I bought a pair fenders and trunk extensions from AMD for my 69 GTX tribute, and my body shop said they practically installed themselves. lol

heard the rr hoods were the same way

Yea I know about the AMD ones i was just looking to see if anyone had one they wanted to sell. I am on the waiting list at AMD and have yet to hear. The last time i spoke to them they were not happy with the fit of the samples so they were still working on them

Yea I know about the AMD ones i was just looking to see if anyone had one they wanted to sell. I am on the waiting list at AMD and have yet to hear. The last time i spoke to them they were not happy with the fit of the samples so they were still working on them

oh ok.. how about a glass one from aar ? they are nice

I would prefer the steel ones. Dont the glass ones tend to warp?

the thin ones will. but from what i hear everywhere the aar are top quality and fit great with very little work to make paint ready.

How about a fiberglass GTS hood with the center cut out for a Hemi type scoop for $175 plus shipping? Also have a matching trunk lid for $125.

Anyone have an interest in the fiberglass hood and trank lid?

i had an aar 6 pack hood, id be skeptical. that hood was far from perfect. it left big *** gaps towards the hinges where the steel hood was nice and tight. plus it sagged in the center. i got it from a friend that was totally unhappy with it. he had other complaints about the fit on his car when he bought it and they told him his car was screwed up. i heard auto body specialties had the bulge hood on display at the atlantic nats.

i had an aar 6 pack hood, id be skeptical. that hood was far from perfect. it left big *** gaps towards the hinges where the steel hood was nice and tight. plus it sagged in the center. i got it from a friend that was totally unhappy with it. he had other complaints about the fit on his car when he bought it and they told him his car was screwed up. i heard auto body specialties had the bulge hood on display at the atlantic nats.

weird. i have a buddy with a 6 pack hood from aar on a 71 dart and all they did was scuff and paint it. it fit and looks great.

the top of the hood wasnt anywhere near close to matching th etops of the fenders. im talking the bottom edge of the glass skin, was pretty much even with the tops of the fenders. so it was up 1/4" almost 3/8" above the fenders in the center, the front and rear height was good. it was definitely an issue with the hood not the 2 69 darts and one 67 dart it was on. fit the same next to 4 sets of fenders on 3 different cars. like ****! but hey its glass. you want better stick with steel i guess. just for the money i think they should have done something. i bought a bumper from them it was real nice.

that sucks.. probably a bad hood. too bad they couldn't admit it. the one on the 70 dart of my buddies fits great. nice and flat. like i said all they did was scuff and paint it

Got one this past weekend from a member here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back