which has more muscle car presence.

• 1969 Swinger 340

Votes: 57 37.7%
  • 1969 GTS

Votes: 94 62.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Like "Miss Big Block 4-speed" needs to ask this question....

440 GTS....

The Swinger 340 had less chrome and trim, plain wheels and interior made it a street sleeper and it was light :burnout:

Just like the Road Runner and GTX, both sweet cars but with less trim and fancy crap, the RR like the Swinger 340 means business over pleasure :glasses7:

This.... that's 300-400 bones,pays for lots of speed goodies,on that 340. As to the o.p.,your pictures in green,make it that much better. My vote's Swinger.

My first real car was a 69 Dart GTS 340 4 barrel 4 speed car with console. All gold car and interior. Bought it used in 1973 with around 50,000 miles. No air or power anything. Sold it in the mid 80's. What a fool.

I would limit it to 340 or 383 only and would say a 340 GTS convertible, if not a convertible and hard top only, I would take the Swinger 340 4speed, I have owned both hard top 340's, but the GTS was 68 with an auto. The R4, that someone painted orange, 69 Swinger 340 4speed 3.91 rear I had was lots of fun!

Attachments

• swinger.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 343
you are really asking two different questions......

Which one has more muscle presence. If it were fall of 1968 right now and you had the means to buy either a new swinger or GTS which would you pick?

for muscle car "presence" i say the swinger. it was more a bare bones purpose built car. the GTS had more luxuries. to me luxury isn't muscle. plus from all the older friends i knew that lived the late 60's and early 70's the 340 would usually take the 383 dart on the street and a lot of other big block cars of the day.

Which one is more of a dream car?

dream car for me would be a loaded 340 GTS rag top. even though in my opinion a rag top equals non-muscle...

I vote Swinger, I like the plane jane look of the trunk painted with no finish panel. Anyone ever seen a 340 Swinger in black body, saddle tan interior and white sport stripe???

I just bought a tail trim panel to put on my Dart Custom so I guess its GTS for me. However, it will not say GTS anywhere.

you are really asking two different questions......

for muscle car "presence" i say the swinger. it was more a bare bones purpose built car. the GTS had more luxuries. to me luxury isn't muscle. plus from all the older friends i knew that lived the late 60's and early 70's the 340 would usually take the 383 dart on the street and a lot of other big block cars of the day.

dream car for me would be a loaded 340 GTS rag top. even though in my opinion a rag top equals non-muscle...

Swinger for hands down performance...power to weight ratio.
GTS loaded with options would have been a dream car, but then it would be heavy and not quite as quick

-
Back