Guages on the Cowl

-

Dusterb318

Reaction score
How many or you guys have fuel and/or NOS pressure guages on your cowl? How did you mount then and run the lines? Got any pics? I am thinking about putting two out there but I don't want to drill holes in the cowl piece.....I was thinking of mounting them on the fiberglass hood.....any thoughts?

Zip ties between the little cowl lines :thumblef: There is a Hemi Dart (along with a TON of other old mopar muscle cars) at my job. And thats the way Mr. Mancini (previous owner) mounted 'em :thumblef:

I mounted a fuel press guage on my duster (which has a glass lift off hood) by making a bracket that mounted to the vertical spot at the front of the cowl. I had to cut a small hole in the edge of the hood for the braided line to pass through. The bracket was mounted with a sheet metal screw, but I later added a couple of pop-rivets and its fine now. I also put a piece of rubber about 3/16" thick under the guage so it wouldn't scratch up the cowl itself.

don

How much vertical room is there on the back of the hood scoop? You might be able to mount them in scoop. Just a thought.

Thanks guys......I like the zip tie idea......not sure how track tech would like that though.....I'll probably mount them on the back edge of the hood since it is a 'galss one.

-
Back