Guess my Dyno results

-

Rodzilla

Reaction score
In 24hrs I will put up the numbers and we'll see who wins an all expenses paid trip to Nowheresville! Heres a list of all the motor details, as I can remember them, built it last June. I put it in the car and drove about 30miles in August. Had an oil leak to fix and figured I might as well dyno while its out.

- Block is a '73 340 that is .030" over (oiling mods and lifter bores bushed)
- Eagle crank and H-Beam rods, 4" Stroke 416 cubes total
- Melling Hi-Volume pump
- Mahle -5cc pistons Calculated static compression is 11.7:1
- MRL Performace Billet Main Caps and Hughes stud girdle
- Heads are Indy 360-2 w/ 2.10" Intake and 1.65" Exhaust
Ported and polished, no idea on flow #s. Rockers are T&D 1.6 ratio
- Indy intake, port matched to heads by moi, only polished up each runner, none of the plenum area under the carb is polished (still rough cast)
- Cam is a Lunati #60434. Duration at .050" intake is 255, exhaust is 263
lift is .643 with 1.6 rockers.
- Running a Demon 850 with 86/91 Jets (for best pull)
- timing at 34deg (for best pull)
- Fuel is 50:50 mix of C12 and 94Octane

Elevation at test was 2500'
Temp was 68deg
Barometer 27.4
Humidity 24

Lets see your best guess :D

It's going to want a LOT more carb... Heads are going to be a ?

If it doesn't go at least in the 620-635 range I'd be surprised.

It's going to want a LOT more carb... Heads are going to be a ?

If it doesn't go at least in the 620-635 range I'd be surprised.

Hint: Dyno said carb gave enough cfm to make it happy (operator told me this, not sure what he was looking at). I've heard 850demon can flow like a 950holley. I have no idea if true.

Thanks Rodzilla for the chance to guess. Helps with the winter doldrums. If i'm right....lol, i'll take that trip to Nowheresville....haven't been more then 25 miles from the house in 2 yrs....:D.

Hint: Dyno said carb gave enough cfm to make it happy (operator told me this, not sure what he was looking at). I've heard 850demon can flow like a 950holley. I have no idea if true.

It will likely make more power with a dominator... regardless of what the dyno airflow says

It will likely make more power with a dominator... regardless of what the dyno airflow says

I probably would have wrangled up some carb options if it was going into a track car but since its just running on the street I figured what I get is what I get. We did a couple jet changes and and only one timing change.

I'll say 575 H.P. @ 6000 RPM & 545 lb.s Torque
I already live in Nowheresville.....

I'll guess too:

582hp
533 ft lbs

peak power around 6200
Peak torque around 5000

-
Back