Guess the horsepower

-

flipper

Reaction score
Bought this , won't be able to run it til next summer , take a guess at horsepower just for fun
340 bored .020" over
10.5:1 speed pro hyperutectic pistons
Racer brown solid cam, .520 lift, can't remember duration but it's a lot
360 j heads fitted with 2.02/1.60 valves, ported and flow tested (255 from on intake)
Titanium retainers
Victor jr intake
273 rockers (adjustable)
Windage tray
I think the crank is turned .020" on both mains and rods

Depends on the exhaust side and quality of the machining and assembly you should be in the 425-450 range at the crank. That would be my estimate.

Bought this , won't be able to run it til next summer , take a guess at horsepower just for fun
340 bored .020" over
360 j heads fitted with 2.02/1.60 valves, ported and flow tested (255 from on intake)
Titanium retainers
Victor jr intake
273 rockers (adjustable)
Windage tray
Hooker hedders and an undecided holley

My butt dyno is dead accurate. at least within 2 mph. I like to put a 100 dollar bill on the dash to measure torque.

My best guestimation would be about 425-450hp up somewhere over 6500rpm IF that is an actual 10.5:1 compression engine and not just some 10.5:1 compression pistons in a block with not so bluprinted deckheights and heads with+70cc chambers.

Take it to the track and run it time slips don't lie..guesstimates are just that nothing but guesses..

Take it to the track and run it time slips don't lie..guesstimates are just that nothing but guesses..
I agree, but you can still do a fairly usefull guesstimate based on headflow,camduration/lift,compression and a few choices of parts.
How well the whole combo is going to work is a different question all together and if the specs are actualy correct.
For what its worth the only racerbrown solid cam i found spec for that was .520lift was somewhere around [email protected]

It depends on how capable you are at tuning it....

If you can't tune for ****, it won't run for ****....

Maybe 125 horse power if your lucky. Just sell it to me now and cut your losses. :)

Last edited:
340 bored .020" over
Titanium retainers
Victor jr intake
273 rockers (adjustable)
Windage tray
Should be right around 405 HP. I had 360 similar build 405at crank.

-
Back