Guess What? I Painted My 66 Valiant.......

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Check it out, my 66 is all one color :glasses7:

Just kidding....Actually, that was taken in Aug 2001, when it still had the 170 in it, I have dads very rare SBP Rocket mags on there in that pic. I found some old developed pics, figured I would scan it.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 655
Very cool Keith :D. I loved the Rocket stage 1's. Cool thing about the SBP wheels was the centers were scalloped for clearance. Added some uniqueness over the cragers.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 628
So I gather it no longer looks like that? Pity, it looks freakin awesome in that picture, like new!

It sure don't Rob, but it looks real nice when it had the /6 in it
this is Victoria's big brother updated a couple things :supz: make that a few thing :D

Attachments

• DSC01760.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 612
I could not stop myself ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Hope this was cool Keith .

I like it as it is with the black fenders. It gives it that "I'm gonna ***** slap you" look.

It looks good all one color, but man oh man it looks nasty with that dont f with me look! Whered you get the idea for it??

It looks good all one color, but man oh man it looks nasty with that dont f with me look! Whered you get the idea for it??

It happened totally by accident :D

The fenders on the car rusted on the top so I got rust free ones for it. Plans were to paint the car soon after I got it running (ya right LOL) so I just had them painted inside with POR 15 and the outside primer black to save money, then have them done when the whole car was ready. I liked the look but when I joined FABO, everyone liked it and now I think I have to leave it how it is :D

BTW, it runs and sounds meaner than it looks :angryfir:

Attachments

• Picture 660.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 512
Pic of the engine before the wrenches started to fly :D

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 495
  • scan0003.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 496
Yeah I agree, I wonder what it look like with a flat black hood too?? Looks awesome the way it is, but just wondering

There is no shame in that '66- it doesn't look ratty, so no problemo!

I can see those rusty topped fenders in the old photos.I have one of those myself. LOl Those black fenders give it "attitude". tmm

I can see those rusty topped fenders in the old photos.I have one of those myself. LOl Those black fenders give it "attitude". tmm

Yup, luckily the inner fenders had no rot anywhere. Those are older pics that I scanned with my printer.

i honestly always wondered why your fenders were black. now i know.
thought maybe it was for a Hemi dart style look. seeing your 66 all together keeps me plugging at mine.

It's pretty bad that when everybody likes your car the way it is, that if you do paint it, you'll get bounced off the board..... :D

I hope I did not step on your toes here in this thread :eek:ops:
when I got Victoria your Sedan was and is the big brother Valiant to many.
Makes me wonder, do I go V8 or keep it /6 :D
I never knew you had a 170/ in it when you got it.
You and your dad has a great pair of 66'es :cheers: 2 great Plymouth's :cheers:

Keith,your car has been one of my favorites since joining FABO.It actually got me into the Early-A,s:cheers:
MeMike,you know you wanna V8 for Victoria and I think I recall you have an 8 3/4 close by.Look out George Rays 2013 LOL:burnout:

Keith,your car has been one of my favorites since joining FABO.It actually got me into the Early-A,s:cheers:
MeMike,you know you wanna V8 for Victoria and I think I recall you have an 8 3/4 close by.Look out George Rays 2013 LOL:burnout:
Kieth, Are you running the fenderwell exit headers, and if so, how do you like them? Steve

-
Back