Guitar Talk

-

longarm

Car sold back to original owners
Reaction score
I used to fool around with guitars alittle bit and still have my stuff.
My skills are terribly deminished and forgotten so I went on the
hunt for a free site for help.
I've been using this one and find it very useful.
I thought I'd share.

http://www.justinguitar.com

http://www.justinguitar.com/html/songs.html

I'd like to see / hear what instrements our members play or played.
I played trombone in the school band.
Go ahead, make fun, I want to hear it!

Guitar and Bass, and now Keyboards.......

I'm looking for a decent older Fender Strat, Gibson SG or Ibanez Artist....even if it needs a refinish or repairs.......I can do the work, but need the axe....I'm playing an Ovation Celebrity right now, but want to go back to solid body.

Anybody got a good deal out there?

(I sold my SG Custom for $300. (%$#@) in 1980........And I sold my '93Turquoise USA Strat for $500. ($%$#@****) for gas to come to Florida (with my fifth wheel rig....really thirsty).

Bummer. Need a guitar. :blob:

I got a 93 Ibanez, Sunburst with all gold hardware and a 86ish Cord that is flat black with grey flames.
Nikki has an old accordion that I wanna hook up to a distortion pedal.

A pair of sticks and a mike!!..la la la ha ha ha.

I currently have a 1983 Alpine White Gibson Explorer with Semour Duncan pickups, played though a Yamaha stack with 2 4x12 cabinets, and a Zoom 505 multi-effects pedal. I've played guitar for 26 yrs. Played lead guitar in a few local heavy metal bands in the mid to late 80's, and a short stint in a country band in the early 90's. :rock:

I play mostly guitar but also play banjo and mandolin and am learning fiddle...have played piano in grade school and trumpet in high school. I've got a '67 Guild Hollow body archtop, '93 Ephiphone electric acoustic, '03 Fender Special issue strat, Fender electric mandolin, Westminister 5 string banjo, not to mention a set of Tama drums just in case somebody comes by who knows how to play. I play mostly country and folk but also classic rock.

Dave

360scamp,
can we get a soundbyte of the accordion in distorsion mode?
Will the song you play be called a poke-ya.

I didn't realize so many members played!

Nikki has an old accordion that I wanna hook up to a distortion pedal.

Dude... I GOTTA hear that! Plug it into an old Twin Reverb with a Big Muff. Or a VHT and a Dimebag Distortion pedal. There's something I'm going to be thinking about until I hear it.....

Oh, I play Bass. Been doin it for 35+ yrs. I'll grow up one day.
JohnBass5S1-vi.jpg

bought a epiphone Les Paul special 2 last fall. Never played, never had a lesson, just bought it cause i've always been interested. Got some tabs and i've learned a few riffs from them, but i will definatly give a few of those websites a try. thanks,

Steve

I've been playing Guitar forever 40 years and still suck! According to my wife I own too much equipment.
Oh and John do you think we will ever grow up or want too ?

TOO MUCH is just enough!
I hope you two never grow up.
I can't picture you pickin in a country band.

ahhh,,,speaking of guitars,,I just got this monday,,a friend custom made it,,its Hawaiian koa wood,,,also make my own electric guitars

HPIM0003.jpg

I started playing guitar while in the Marine Corp in 1964, while studying Ground Radio Repair at MCRD Schools Battalion. Never developed a viable lead guitar style so I picked up harmonica and stuck with playing rhythm guitar. I still play but prefer a more acoustic style these days (old fart that I am). Playing helped me make friends after leaving the Corp and going the college (especially during the student strike era). I have two guitars the one in the pictures is a Gibson Southern Jumbo flat Top made in Kalamazoo (in the 60’s), I also have a blond Gibson Les Paul Custom.

Paulh[1].jpg

You guys have caused me to lose a lot of sleep.........

I got ponderin' what I had and remembered my old '68 SG Custom and my Gibson ES-335 12 String.........Just looked them up on Ebay.......

Thanks a lot guys...........

The pain in my guts just now reminded me of that Hemi Superbird I just missed for 3 grand too.........

I think somebody else better preach this Sunday...................](*,)

Grandpa's future backup band...my boys will stand in front of the TV strumming and singing along with Big & Rich for hours...

Guitar Cody & Cory.jpg

In my closet right now are 3 acoustic guitars, 2 basses, one upright and one electric, 3 accordians, and a banjo. I also play mandolin and the drums, but don't currently have either. 360scamp, my 1935 International Broadcastone accordian is all ready to go with 3 pickups on the treble side and 2 on the bass side. I think I'll try her out on the Marshall at practice wednesday, that should be interesting!!!!Geof Oops, forgot about the Les Paul!!!

I know this is a guitar thread but since I saw hamonicas and accordians I figured the doors wide open! I've been playing Bari Sax for 14 years. Lucky enough to play with Big Jay McNeely a few times, Young Jessie, and even Ike Turner. Also play a lot of percussion/drums. Used to teach Drum Corps in Los Angeles. Some guitar, piano, flute, clarinet. Mostly sax though.

www.myspace.com/orionsax7

-Alex

-
Back