Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
I ran some magazines through my friends 365 a couple weeks ago and loved it but he actually said he was getting the XL soon. I was going to try to grab his 365 cheap when he upgraded.
Both are great the 365 conceals better for sure. I have large paws so I always struggle with short grip length. I do not think you can go wrong with either. Having that many rounds of nine in that small of a platform makes the pistol very popular. I see a lot of them at the range. We are seeing less and less Shields and more 365s. Keep in mind on a public range you definitely get some flavor of the week type stuff. Whatever gun writers are proclaiming that month spurns interest. We were buried with 6.5 then it was the hellcat, so on and so forth. But I love the fact I get to see a very wide range of equipment used. A public range while it has its limitations does offer a Petri dish type of info! Having spent years working at a public range the knowledge gained is what drove me to going private on our range.

Be sure and get the XL as it has the extended mag and longer grip. The straight 365 was a bit hard to manage. The longer grip really makes a difference.

Same with my P290. With the regular 6 round mag it is a bit snappy to control. I keep the 8 round mag in it for EDC that way my pinky finger has somewhere to hangout, lol.

Be sure and get the XL as it has the extended mag and longer grip. The straight 365 was a bit hard to manage. The longer grip really makes a difference.
I agree. I got to shoot a friends 365 at the range, and it was small for my hand, but I liked it. The LGS had the M+P Shield Plus on sale for $429 last month so I couldnt pass it up. The 13 round mag that comes with it feels just right in my hand.

Wow, I almost bought one 4 or 5 years ago at a gun show, I wish I had now. They were selling for 239.00
This was at Larry's, they are the King Kong of gun shops in my part of Alabama. They seem to have everything, and awesome prices. I even bought some 25.06 for a buddy who is coming down. Even looking online, they have great prices. Fortunately Cindy told me to buy it. My birthday was 2 weeks away!
:lol:

Up here on the Tundra it kind of feels like the new gun pricing has stabilized a bit. We are starting to see some sale tags at Scheels, our equivalent to Cabelas or Bass Pro. And they have a lot of ammo in the store. 9mm just went on sale and was reduced from 499 per thousand to 429. (It is not really moving so I would guess another reduction is on the horizon? The popular pistols like the Shields and SIGs do not often get price reduced up here. They have a Colt Python 6inch in the cabinet I have been lusting after. It is down to just over 3k. I figure they reduce to under 3 and I am going to snag it. You will know I did as you will read my obituary for my wife will surely not be happy! Hah!

Wow, I almost bought one 4 or 5 years ago at a gun show, I wish I had now. They were selling for 239.00
I got a Shield in .40 two years ago, and was pleasantly surprised when I saw the price was 259.00 at check out. The store I buy from has flash sales and discounts after you spend so much.

I fondled Kimbers striker fire 9mm yesterday at the store. EVO they call it. Compact gun but felt good in my hand. No polymer. I think holds 7. Kinda spendy 7 and some change. I need a smaller EDC.

I was out yesterday with the wife shopping for the large size flower pots. The second greenhouse was around the corner from the gun store, of course we stopped. I took her in and the two store dogs immediately came to distract her...haha!! I went to the counter and ordered a SnW Model 69 2 3/4" 44 mag. I had one years ago and carried it everywhere. Wife asked if I ordered another gun...just bought a SIG 45 Legion a couple weeks ago. I told her I did and she responded "Well get what you need" Lucky man!!!

On plus side I tore apart some work benches to paint and cleaned out and rearranged two tool cabinets yesterday. I found two magazines and a compact 45 I had forgotten was on that end of the shop! Just like Xmas only early!
What another gun she says....:poke::rofl:

I fondled Kimbers striker fire 9mm yesterday at the store. EVO they call it. Compact gun but felt good in my hand. No polymer. I think holds 7. Kinda spendy 7 and some change. I need a smaller EDC.

The prices on those Evo’s are falling like a rock. Started at $900. Now they are around $750 and my cousin grabbed one on sale for $600. I guess people want a metal striker fired pistol but not at that Kimber price. Now S&W has one out but the verdict is still out on that one. The EVO has been running like a Kimber, very temperamental.

OK, who here runs a Mil Dot scope on their AR? I have one I picked up that I thought about trying, but I'm unsure of target acquisition if moving around. I like it because it has a long eye relief.

OK, who here runs a Mil Dot scope on their AR? I have one I picked up that I thought about trying, but I'm unsure of target acquisition if moving around. I like it because it has a long eye relief.

What scope is it? I ran an low powered scope for a while with an offset Red dot. I plan on switching back at some point.

What scope is it?

It's a Mil Dot reticle.

f6bf?rik=KJ1S9WUwJTGxbQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2fimage.sportsmansguide.com%2fadimgs%2fl%2f1%2f144699i_ts.jpg

Just curious BadSport why you chose a scope over a red dot for your AR?

Not choosing, looking for anyone who may have used one on an AR. I have red dots now, I have never used a Mil Dot so I was curious on it's performance.

Not choosing, looking for anyone who may have used one on an AR. I have red dots now, I have never used a Mil Dot so I was curious on it's performance.

Spent a lot of years working with MILDOT reticle on a Remington Model 700 in .308 Commonly fired out to 700 meters and 1,000 meters on occasion (KD). For long range precision marksmanship and observation it is a handy tool for determining distance to target, hold/over hold/under for battlesight zero as well as moving target acquisition and engagement. By AR I'll assume you mean .223 / 5.56. It will depend upon your application of use I suppose on whether it is worth the effort.

Much like WV64 all of my experience with Mil dot was in a thirty caliber application. Clearly I misunderstood the question. I love MilDot but again a very different application. It was invaluable at the time for ranging distance. With modern technology of today I would guess it is going the way of the 8 track. Once you understand it and can do the math instinctively it is hard to beat. Kind of like a good framing square, it offers users far more than they typically utilize. The last unknown distance sniper match I participated in, I was representing military against LEO shooters. I was rocking a Mildot and they were rocking software on their scopes tied to their iPads and watches! Times change as does technology.

-
Back