Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
I think that is an A1 spec upper, no elevation adjustment on rear site. Guys want those to build M16A1 clones with triangle handgaurds as used in Vietnam.

I just bought a used sig sauer P365 sas. One of those deals you just gotta buy and not think about. I didn’t realize that it has no safety on it. That has me a little worried.

What was hard to source about that part?
Is there something special about it?

It's a C7 (M16A1E1) Upper Receiver. These have been hard to find in stock anywhere for a long time.
The A1E1/C7 was transitional between A1 and A2... The C7 has a shell deflector like an A2 but everything else remains A1.
This C7 comes with M4 feed ramps

Building a Gordon Carbine tribute...

.17's are great for coyotes within thier operating range, especially if you want to minimize pelt damage. The bullets typically won't exit. I've got a 17-222 on a Sako L461 and it is like a laser beam out to 250-300 yards on the ground squirrels. The wind can be a PITA with those little bullets and small targets way out there though. Only took one medium yote with it but it was bang-flop.
My 17 is a cheep Rossi, scoop is perfect for 100 yards out, probably more but I have never shot it over 80 yard, tac driver here in these big oak trees, I have been shooting my ruger 177 pellet rifle of late on squirrel, it stay with in a half dollar at 50 yards, I love it, cheep amo :thumbsup:

My 17 is a cheep Rossi, scoop is perfect for 100 yards out, probably more but I have never shot it over 80 yard, tac driver here in these big oak trees, I have been shooting my ruger 177 pellet rifle of late on squirrel, it stay with in a half dollar at 50 yards, I love it, cheep amo :thumbsup:
And perfect for taking game or terminating small pets (pests, whatever) in an urban setting where the report of a round might draw unwanted attention

I'm taking your word on the air rifle Mike. I just ordered one. :thumbsup:

I'm taking your word on the air rifle Mike. I just ordered one. :thumbsup:
Outstanding, one thing new air rifle owners don't do is read the instructions, the barrel will have a storage oil in the barrel and it MUST be burned off buy shooting it, you will see the barrel smoke the first 15 round you shoot it, I recommend a nice cleaning kit for the 177 caliber, 10 bucks, its a small cable that is used, my rifle was shot 50 to 60 times before I ever started sitting it in, I have an old friend that seen mine shoot out to a 50 yard target, setting on a rest table, he ordered his and complained it was all over the place at 50 yards, told him what I just told you and its still setting in the corner :lol: he is stubborn,. So be sure to do this before sighting in, at least 30 rounds. Mine is 7 years old. It has never let me down, my nephew borrows it because he has killed more squirrels with it then his 22.

Outstanding, one thing new air rifle owners don't do is read the instructions, the barrel will have a storage oil in the barrel and it MUST be burned off buy shooting it, you will see the barrel smoke the first 15 round you shoot it, I recommend a nice cleaning kit for the 177 caliber, 10 bucks, its a small cable that is used, my rifle was shot 50 to 60 times before I ever started sitting it in, I have an old friend that seen mine shoot out to a 50 yard target, setting on a rest table, he ordered his and complained it was all over the place at 50 yards, told him what I just told you and its still setting in the corner :lol: he is stubborn,. So be sure to do this before sighting in, at least 30 rounds. Mine is 7 years old. It has never let me down, my nephew borrows it because he has killed more squirrels with it then his 22.
Great info. Thanks. They are on sale on Amazon. 130 bucks seams reasonable. Ruger name but probably made in China huh?

Great info. Thanks. They are on sale on Amazon. 130 bucks seams reasonable. Ruger name but probably made in China huh?
Can't say for sure, I will look at mine (Night Hawk) and see, posable

That right there is gospel advice boys and girls!

Nobody told the new pup it was Sunday morning. Puppy war over couch space. There is virtually no off switch on this Mal pup.

EBBA626A-6CA8-42A6-B254-CE9D445B71EE.jpeg

78323A72-37C4-4181-A9EC-2402D366719D.jpeg

86382E8D-8A68-45F7-A898-8B92B0C09EB6.jpeg

I am totally stealing that! This is the epitome of Hemis life right now. She is becoming less and less tolerant as the pup becomes bigger stronger and more acrobatic! I had forgotten how much more athletic the Mals are. My job literally every single morning is to exercise The pup strenuously for an hour or so to burn the first wave of hyper off. If I don’t it is game on with Hemi. The pup has become my shadow.

I am totally stealing that! This is the epitome of Hemis life right now. She is becoming less and less tolerant as the pup becomes bigger stronger and more acrobatic! I had forgotten how much more athletic the Mals are. My job literally every single morning is to exercise The pup strenuously for an hour or so to burn the first wave of hyper off. If I don’t it is game on with Hemi. The pup has become my shadow.
Supercharged Hemi. Somehow Hellcat doesn't fit here.

They're above the driver's sun visor DUH!! :lol:

Ever driven at high speeds in a strange city while being the only one on nods????
There is simply no way to explain the pure joy of driving while you are the only one wearing them! I could never decide which I liked best, the screaming like little girls or the nonstop death threats accompanied by a steady stream of profanity. And bridges? Did I mention bridges? They are the best! Everyone knows where the bridges are when it is daylight! Ok that brings back a memory or two!

There is simply no way to explain the pure joy of driving while you are the only one wearing them! I could never decide which I liked best, the screaming like little girls or the nonstop death threats accompanied by a steady stream of profanity. And bridges? Did I mention bridges? They are the best! Everyone knows where the bridges are when it is daylight! Ok that brings back a memory or two!

I had Specter in my ear...

90° left turn in 400...300...200... NOW!

:rofl:

-
Back