Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Our boy is up top on our mountain today getting in some last effort deer hunting. He already has one doe down and has let another one mil around in front of him for an hour waiting on the ever present buck in the wings. like us he does not buy much red meat and relies on what he harvests. His family can eat pretty comfortably on three deer per season. As his boy grows that will change! His boy is not yet to the age where he can eat them out of house and home!

My buck I posted was #3 for the family. I still have a doe tag and trying to get my daughter on her first deer. God will provide!!

So now that we are finally living in the house full time we decided to snag a small safe as the gun shop is in another building. There are rifles and shotguns (separated from ammo) leaning in every corner etc. We just have too many grandkids running around. Of course we still don’t have all the trim or doors painted yet, or door knobs in, but hey we are under roof and dry! Takes awhile when ya DIY a house build! So our local Tractor Supply has safes on sale. We picked up a twenty gun, gun safe for just under 300 bucks. My point is, twenty guns? WTF? Clearly the guy that sizes safes also does tents and food portions. A four man tent just barely sleeps two and a Girl Scout cookie is a portion! If you can stuff twenty guns in this thing I will eat my hat. It is just for minimal house protection so standard kit of a couple ARs a shotgun or two and a few pistols. Nowhere near twenty but I mean seriously? Twenty guns?

IMG_4233.jpeg

So now that we are finally living in the house full time we decided to snag a small safe as the gun shop is in another building. There are rifles and shotguns (separated from ammo) leaning in every corner etc. We just have too many grandkids running around. Of course we still don’t have all the trim or doors painted yet, or door knobs in, but hey we are under roof and dry! Takes awhile when ya DIY a house build! So our local Tractor Supply has safes on sale. We picked up a twenty gun, gun safe for just under 300 bucks. My point is, twenty guns? WTF? Clearly the guy that sizes safes also does tents and food portions. A four man tent just barely sleeps two and a Girl Scout cookie is a portion! If you can stuff twenty guns in this thing I will eat my hat. It is just for minimal house protection so standard kit of a couple ARs a shotgun or two and a few pistols. Nowhere near twenty but I mean seriously? Twenty guns?

View attachment 1716173290
:lol: :lol:

View attachment 1716173290
20 Daisy Red Ryder BB guns!

I always figured if half the capacity was handguns, it might be possible. I have a 24 gun one and ran into the same problem!!

We were shooting Winchester. I have had some very good luck here lately with factory Hornady In multiple calibers.
I saw that. I bought a box of Winchester too. Remington was the other. Federal won. Bulls eyes at 200. That’s as far as e can shoot at our makeshift range. I really need to get back into shooting and join the real range.

I saw that. I bought a box of Winchester too. Remington was the other. Federal won. Bulls eyes at 200.
I fully recognize I am a gun geek but that aspect of the hobby is my favorite part. Sitting down at the bench on a sunny windless day with a new to you rifle, and a bunch of boxs, baggies and Tupperware containers containing a multitude of different bullet weights and loads. Grabbing your notebook and spending the day sorting out what the rifle likes and don’t like. It is like test and tune day at the track. Just don’t get any better than that.

I fully recognize I am a gun geek but that aspect of the hobby is my favorite part. Sitting down at the bench on a sunny windless day with a new to you rifle, and a bunch of boxs, baggies and Tupperware containers containing a multitude of different bullet weights and loads. Grabbing your notebook and spending the day sorting out what the rifle likes and don’t like. It is like test and tune day at the track. Just don’t get any better than that.
Of course all of that goes down the tubes out on the prairie with a hangover, wind and buck fever. I look like I’m waving a surrender flag. Lol

Of course all of that goes down the tubes out on the prairie with a hangover, wind and buck fever. I look like I’m waving a surrender flag. Lol
Hah! That’s a fact! I was explaining that to DIL this weekend. Asked her if she could feel her heartbeat in her throat when she saw the deer. She asked me how I knew that? I told her when hunting no longer does that to you it is time to stop.

O man that sucks. Hope it wasn’t anything serious. They are very resilient. One thing for sure that cone will not look like that in a day or two. Of course your house and furniture won’t either!
He ate a big piece of rubber ball, and couldn't pass it. Surgically removed from small intestine. Wish I had had pet health insurance. (Foot long incision on his belly) He seems to be doing very well , post surgery.

Hah! That’s a fact! I was explaining that to DIL this weekend. Asked her if she could feel her heartbeat in her throat when she saw the deer. She asked me how I knew that? I told her when hunting no longer does that to you it is time to stop.
I’ve been 20 yards from a pissed off bugling elk while hunting with a camera. Covered in cow piss and all cameoed up. Couldn’t focus the camera. I could see his snot. Amazing experience. We were where we shouldn’t be so the bows were stashed.

Last edited:
So our local Tractor Supply has safes on sale. We picked up a twenty gun, gun safe for just under 300 bucks. My point is, twenty guns? WTF? Clearly the guy that sizes safes also does tents and food portions. It is just for minimal house protection so standard kit of a couple ARs a shotgun or two and a few pistols. Nowhere near twenty but I mean seriously? Twenty guns?
Funny. My nephew and I retrieved my Black-Friday safe deal, yesterday. I realize the exaggeration of sizes on these things, but bought a 30-gun unit for holding maybe a dozen. I think that even if they were Fudd-guns, it would only hold 20-max. It's for the same use you purchased for. Most of my stuff is kept in my friend's vault/range...but I needed something smaller and useful for my home firearms, jewelry, etc...

S
Funny. My nephew and I retrieved my Black-Friday safe deal, yesterday. I realize the exaggeration of sizes on these things, but bought a 30-gun unit for holding maybe a dozen. I think that even if they were Fudd-guns, it would only hold 20-max. It's for the same use you purchased for. Most of my stuff is kept in my friend's vault/range...but I needed something smaller and useful for my home firearms, jewelry, etc...
i think i mentioned this before, but i had bought a few lockers from a place that tore down a high school
i got 4 of them, and i can comfortably fit 4 guns in each locker

probably about time to get a few more (lockers that is)

Looks pretty swank from here!

Not a crazy drive for me but in a direction I only go when I’m racing in Ohio. Cranberry has grown and grown and redlites have popped up like Pa potholes. They had a tv commercial so I googled it and will read up more today.

-
Back