Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
way back on page 39 we talked about some guns, i just put in the order for an AR-9 for my boy
it will be his first gun

im pretty stoked about it

Anyone on here every do a class3 sbr. I convinced myself over the weekend my 1927A-1 has to long of a barrel at 16.5 inches so im looking into selling it and buying the SBR version with 10.5 barrel and detachable buttstock

I have a gone the Form 1 (assemble) route with an SBR, it took 11 days for the tax stamp to come back. I have heard the Form 4 (transfer) stamp is still closer to 100 days or so, but most likely longer. The last thing I Form 4'd was closer to ~4 months to get the stamp back.

A buddy of mine submitted his back on March 23rd, he is still waiting.

Sounds about right, this new e-File system was quicker right when it started, but now that it's been in service for a while, I'm sure there are thousands and thousands of requests being put in, slowing it back down. Seems so silly, Form 1 pretty fast, form 4, pretty slow, but it's the same check for both isn't it? Just a NICS run by the FBI?

Well pretty big day for me today. My buddy at Nighthawk Custom let me know they were starting to build my pistol. I purchased one as a retirement gift to myself when I retired in March. I gathered up my Father and swung by the Nighthawk facility in Berryville Ark. I met the gunsmith who is building my pistol and got a photo of him at his bench in the facility with my Dad and I . When I pass that pistol down to my Son how cool is it to have a pix of the gunsmith and me and my Dad hamming it up! Heirloom day right there!

474F2037-711F-4516-A77B-993F9ABFC2E5.jpeg

754002CE-4F77-4E27-A535-7A403AA92B22.jpeg

Wondering what to get that gun-guy/gal who has everything?

:lol:

Pretty amazing level of detail... AND THERE ARE ACCESSORIES!

Wondering what to get that gun-guy/gal who has everything?

:lol:

Pretty amazing level of detail... AND THERE ARE ACCESSORIES!

That is cool.

Looks like a powder measure too me. There will be things in that set you will eventually want to upgrade like the scale digitals are nice. And if the primer tube and set up aren't there for the press no big deal Lee makes a nice cheap hand primer.

I can't tell what all is there, but at 250 that's a deal, IMO. If you do look at it, check over the press real good.

Or did ya already buy it?

What is that in the box (upper left)?

Have not purchased... wanted to get some educated opinions

RCBS J.R. Press
RCBS Powder Trickler (09094)
RCBS Power Scale (09060)
RCBS Power Pull (09415)
RCBS Shell Holder #3
RCBS Deburring Tool (09349)
RCBS Loading Block
RCBS Primer Tray
Belding & Mull visible powder measurer
Lyman Reloading Handbook 45th & 46th editions
Sierra Bullets 2nd edition book
Hodgdon Powder Data manual 25th edition
Hornady Handbook of cartridge 3rd edition

Like I mentioned, check the press for wear, because of moving parts. Those single stage presses are tanks. One thing about the JR presses, the throat opening might not handle real large rounds if the OAL is too much, but it should work fine for most.

It's all older stuff by the numbers on the books (1980's), but still worth what they are asking, again, IMO. RCBS builds good presses. You can always pick up a newer edition recipe book. There are some other things you will want depending on what you reload.

Offer 200 and see where it goes.

A lot of load data is available online now too. Hogden has a pretty good site that covers common calibers. Nothing wrong with the powder measure or the balance scale. I've been using my RCBS 5-0-5 for 25 years and trust it more than the Gem 250 digital. If that were a rock crusher press it would be a smoking deal. Nothing wrong with the junior press but not as robust and mine has gotten looser over the years, but still works fine.

Finally was able to send some lead down range
The bolt likes to hang up on the trigger so the double tap function didn't work as it should, but the boy still had fun

VideoCapture_20221202-193756.jpg

VideoCapture_20221202-193924.jpg

I know the title of this thread does not have the word feline or cat in it but I want you to look at this picture that my trail camera took at my barn this morning at about 8:00. This is got to be the biggest house cat I have ever seen.
He's sitting on the ground and his head is higher than the middle of the of the X on my barn door

spypoint_75362498071055.jpg

Last edited:
Get these parts and install them. Tapco AK Trigger Group, G2, Double Mfg# 16603 – OpticsandAmmo.com | Hunting, Shooting, Sport Optics and Ammunition Products with Free Shipping
You won't believe how much better the trigger pull will be. No bolt on hammer hanging and No trigger slap!
thanks, i think that is what was in there in the first place

i replaced it with one of these

Fostech Echo AK-47 Trigger 4702 Color: Black, Gun Model: AK-47, Gun Type: Rifle, 11% Off — Free 2 Day Shipping w/ code 2DAYAIR

but i think it sits a little too high in the receiver

hopefully a little file and polish is all it takes to get it running smooth again (it always ran great with the tapco in it)

it should looks something like this when it is done

For home defense I am looking at this little cannon

5AA125A8-F69A-4C50-8E9B-0C7181FC824C.jpeg

-
Back