Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Thanks for all the input guys, in the end my old ways won out and I went bolt action 243. We only have a few days left of deer season and the Tikka has not shown up yet. I found a small Ruger American in 243 here local with scope and sling for 450 bucks. It became a no brainer! Not sure it is technically a youth model or not as I am not that familiar with Ruger rifles? The target was first initial rounds Cold bore shots. I literally took it out of the case, sat down at 100 yards with factory ammo and sent a couple down range. The scope is super sketchy and will have to be replaced prior to next season but it will darn sure work as is for rest of this season for her. I will dial in the scope today and see it I can get it a bit tighter.

View attachment 1716028914

View attachment 1716028916
Keep us posted!

<~~~~~ Shoots a Junior Model Mossberg 500 20 gauge. It just fit so well, swings and points so easy. Good enough to get 18 outa 25 the first round of skeets I ever shot at :lol: .

Well kids and grandkids just left, long drive back up North. We had a great holiday visit!Nothing goes together like a good dog and grandkids! Nobody touches them kids without Hemis approval, and lord help ya if you try and rough one of em up!

F11B4101-DF10-4FB5-B17E-F3CFDF312BCB.jpeg

80966928-6F7B-48AF-A75F-7AF5CA4F289D.jpeg

Heads up if it has any value to you I live very close to a Wilson Combat and can fetch parts and ship if you get in a bind.

I would have been better of going this route. FedEx has lost my order, it was the last barrel that Wilson had as well. It's been 'in transit' to California for 5 days now, although it should have been heading east to Michigan. I feel like the FedEx driver gave himself a Christmas present off the truck. I'm impatiently waiting to see how this plays out.

I would have been better of going this route. FedEx has lost my order, it was the last barrel that Wilson had as well. It's been 'in transit' to California for 5 days now, although it should have been heading east to Michigan. I feel like the FedEx driver gave himself a Christmas present off the truck. I'm impatiently waiting to see how this plays out.
Not that it makes you feel any better but I took our oldest boy to both Nighthawk and Wilson last week!

So, I haven't been here is a while. On Christmas Eve, I ran a drum (71rds) thru my Suomi. Hadn't shot it in over a year. God I love this gun. 900rpm in 9mm. It is the only shooting I have done.

So, I haven't been here is a while. On Christmas Eve, I ran a drum (71rds) thru my Suomi. Hadn't shot it in over a year. God I love this gun. 900rpm in 9mm. It is the only shooting I have done.

on christmass eve you say?

i thought that gun had a little "pa-rum-pum-pum" to it

Need to look into getting one of those…

Need to look into getting one of those…
We had been going to Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot for 20+ years. I had this the last few years and it has been wonderful. Drums seem to work better than the stick mags.

Well of course we just gotta know did ya save all your brass in the snow? Looks like a great afternoon of fun however short lived!

Well of course we just gotta know did ya save all your brass in the snow? Looks like a great afternoon of fun however short lived!
Actually yes, I did sir. Bare hands, -40 wind, but all picked up. Dad shut me down, did have 3 drums in my hands. Too many to find

So we had a stray show up on the farm today, looks to be a Shepard Mal cross. Total rack of bones totally tick infested maybe thirty pounds and six months old. Cowers non stop waiting to be hit. (dog abusers suk) Neighbors wanted to call animal control as it was over on there place this morning. They pinged us as they know we like Shepard’s. We have washed her and picked a zillion ticks off her. She has eaten non stop all day long. When I suggested to Jodi perhaps we adopt her? I got a resounding no. Typically Hemi puts the spine chomp on dogs in her area, for some reason she has taken to this pup. She has only bitten it a couple of times and more of a pecking order type bite vs the usual we are done here type bite. Hemi is over ten years old and we have agonized over do we get a pup now so Hemi can mentor or do we wait. Having a true K9 is always a bit of a struggle when adding a family member. They are super territorial and turfy. Shepard’s are a breed that bond with one person period, they simply tolerate others! As you can see by the picture Jodi has now decided perhaps we keep her, she has named the pup grace as she seems to be here by the grace of god. We will see.

A0B4ECEC-EF97-42DD-801B-45387E71542D.jpeg

So we had a stray show up on the farm today, looks to be a Shepard Mal cross. Total rack of bones totally tick infested maybe thirty pounds and six months old. Cowers non stop waiting to be hit. (dog abusers suk) Neighbors wanted to call animal control as it was over on there place this morning. They pinged us as they know we like Shepard’s. We have washed her and picked a zillion ticks off her. She has eaten non stop all day long. When I suggested to Jodi perhaps we adopt her? I got a resounding no. Typically Hemi puts the spine chomp on dogs in her area, for some reason she has taken to this pup. She has only bitten it a couple of times and more of a pecking order type bite vs the usual we are done here type bite. Hemi is over ten years old and we have agonized over do we get a pup now so Hemi can mentor or do we wait. Having a true K9 is always a bit of a struggle when adding a family member. They are super territorial and turfy. Shepard’s are a breed that bond with one person period, they simply tolerate others! As you can see by the picture Jodi has now decided perhaps we keep her, she has named the pup grace as she seems to be here by the grace of god. We will see.

View attachment 1716031954

She has a name? Yup, she's Jodi's. :thumbsup: You're growing the ranch down there John.

She has a name? Yup, she's Jodi's. :thumbsup: You're growing the ranch down there John.
Jodi has always wanted a dog of her own, I hope this one bonds with her. So far so good. She is already much better on the cowering tonight than she was all day. I truly think we can rescue her. Folks that beat dogs should have a special place in hell.

Jodi has always wanted a dog of her own, I hope this one bonds with her. So far so good. She is already much better on the cowering tonight than she was all day. I truly think we can rescue her. Folks that beat dogs should have a special place in hell.

Probably needs a good de-worm and vet check...

Any chance she came out of the same place as your occasional horse visitors?

I have not gotten a good pix yet showing how thin and angular she is. She has posture and stride of a Mal. She is blazing fast and has already figured out Hemi cannot spin or protect her back end due to the deterioration of her hips and hind legs. The pup will not adopt a submissive posture at all with Hemi. Tail high and does not give up when tormenting Hemi. Has yet to roll over even when bit. I fear once she gets some weight on it will not be pretty. She also has the tail of a Mal. Long and thin held high Up over her back. Only way I will know for sure is to put a line of crack on a mirror and if the pup snorts it we know she is part Mal! We all know Mals are just Shepard’s on crack!

026611A7-1C95-4201-A99B-930BD19B47F4.jpeg

A1156AB4-8DC7-40A4-810D-6EFE49AAAC24.jpeg

98F79CF9-22E7-4FE8-86A3-FD941197026C.jpeg

View attachment 1716031954
You are a good man. Some scumbag mistreated that dog, I'm sure you're going to make up for it in spades

I have not gotten a good pix yet showing how thin and angular she is. She has posture and stride of a Mal. She is blazing fast and has already figured out Hemi cannot spin or protect her back end due to the deterioration of her hips and hind legs. The pup will not adopt a submissive posture at all with Hemi. Tail high and does not give up when tormenting Hemi. Has yet to roll over even when bit. I fear once she gets some weight on it will not be pretty. She also has the tail of a Mal. Long and thin held high Up over her back. Only way I will know for sure is to put a line of crack on a mirror and if the pup snorts it we know she is part Mal! We all know Mals are just Shepard’s on crack!

View attachment 1716031961

View attachment 1716031962

View attachment 1716031963
I am not familiar with Mal breed. More info? Will be a nice looking dog if her and Hemi can get along

-
Back