Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Ok I have not been on this thread for a couple of days and jumped back on it today. The archery meme made me laugh all over again.
We spent the morning with a local school superintendent who wants safer schools. They have multiple buildings and minimal LEO coverage. He would like us to do a security analysis to start with. Translated me and another guy get to penetrate the different buildings and see how far we can get. It can be a bit awkward and spooky depending on the experience of the LEO that responds. But it is eye opening for the local staff. Not exactly Pineland but it is fun!

Pineland is being liberated as we speak

I Picked up a new range box at Harbor freight for my pistols. Now I have to load it up for my next trip. Hopefully this week

image.jpg

5F660E62-E20D-41B3-BF5C-382EF138B27F.jpeg

B351D600-BD93-45EF-B14C-D886E877908A.jpeg

Stumbled onto a shooter's garage sale. Mini 30 in 7.62x39. Flew home for more cash. Missed it.
Neighbor has a new Bernese. She's a sweet heart. Ill have some pics of her.

HOLY COW!!! I had no idea how powerful air guns can be. Grouping at 200yards with a .357 bullet. Not a pellet but a Nozler bullet.
That's not really what I'm after though. Something that can take small game would be nice.

I bought an Air Venturi Avenger with the wood stock in 25 cal. Put an air rifle supressor on and a night vision scope.
Its unbelievable how accurate and quite an air rifle can be. It will shoot slugs (looks like a pistol bullet) at around 1.5" at 100 yards. Lifts a milk jug full of water off the ground at 50 yards. Quite impressive for something cheap.

Last edited:
I ran some

I've been out of shooting since around 2005 but I'd say Bob White of Shooters Corner, Leonard Baity in Wilkesboro nc, or Bruce Bayer from Pennsylvania can help you with your French gun. Their names will show up if you Google them.

Picked up a new toy this past week. Gotta see how well it works, once I figure out all this techy stuff. LOL

1695150064201.png

Welcome back John!
Thanks Boss! I just got home from first PT session. It was totally lame. My sessions at house are far more intense. I can see the look of shock on your face from here! Hah! In fact the Therapist said there was no point in scheduling anymore PT sessions until I have post op with the surgeon. He said I was so far ahead of recovery curve his hands are tied until post op appt with Doc. Still just focused on range of motion as pec and bicep are only attached via sutures so no weight yet. He didn’t even make me sweat!

Thanks Boss! I just got home from first PT session. It was totally lame. My sessions at house are far more intense. I can see the look of shock on your face from here! Hah! In fact the Therapist said there was no point in scheduling anymore PT sessions until I have post op with the surgeon. He said I was so far ahead of recovery curve his hands are tied until post op appt with Doc. Still just focused on range of motion as pec and bicep are only attached via sutures so no weight yet. He didn’t even make me sweat!

I spent days just letting my arm hang and doing little circles...

My devices of torture that I rigged for myself were far more severe. Attached a pulley to an overhead beam and used a rope and toggle to drag my arm up .... Also, laying on a yoga ball to do Flys was fun fun...

I'm not too bright sometimes....

Yep, twisting doorknob and hanging my arm down for those long reps of circles bring back memories, stand tall cousin, you got this

20230924_102043.jpg

I spent days just letting my arm hang and doing little circles...

My devices of torture that I rigged for myself were far more severe. Attached a pulley to an overhead beam and used a rope and toggle to drag my arm up .... Also, laying on a yoga ball to do Flys was fun fun...

I'm not too bright sometimes....
O that’s funny right there, I have been doing the bent over pendulum swings of rotation non stop! And rigged up a way to put arm up on back of bar stool then do knee bends dropping and stretching the shoulder. Makes me mutter out loud. Jodi can’t even watch!

For those that are not aware I just had total shoulder replacement surgery. My Mal knew instantly that I came home hurt. She is making sure nobody gets me. Very over protective. And completely recognizes my left side is inoperable. Stays on right side. Dogs are amazing. I do have an itchy trigger finger tho? Perhaps it is a side effect?

IMG_4166.jpeg

IMG_0479.jpeg

Any of you guys tried the new Magpul foam insert blocks for pelican cases yet? They look very creative and totally customizable? But pricey.

Is that like the box I pictured above where it a bunch of little squares that you can remove to custom fit your gun.

Nope, not me, but I really don't know what a Magpul foam insert is cousin :lol:
Good morning, have you thought about a drawing of the metal in your shoulder yet for a tat ?

These,

basically replaces the foam that pelican comes with. With the foam typically you lay rifle or pistol or what have you on it, then trace outline and cut out top layer of foam to match outline of rifle. the issue being then that case is dedicated to that rifle configuration. But if you travel to matches or training events via airplane it is a requirement. With the spacer blocks they have created one case could accommodate most anything. At present I have several pelicans for matches and training.

IMG_0508.jpeg

-
Back