Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Do a bit of research at your local stores and you might be able to find some different 22 ammo that will make it even quieter. Nice rig!

I watched several videos on ammo today before I tried it out and honestly I think I’m good with the Kmart and Walmart ammo I shoot. Only two neighbors semi close and they are 200 plus feet away and the sound is probably buffered by my shop and hillside. Thanks for the kind words. If the good Lord let’s me live another year I’ll probably get an adapter for my AR15-22 also.

I watched several videos on ammo today before I tried it out and honestly I think I’m good with the Kmart and Walmart ammo I shoot. Only two neighbors semi close and they are 200 plus feet away and the sound is probably buffered by my shop and hillside. Thanks for the kind words. If the good Lord let’s me live another year I’ll probably get an adapter for my AR15-22 also.
Living where I do I forget about the whole neighbor aspect. We got acres and acres between us and neighbor! Our driveway is just under 3/4 mile! Be safe and have a very quiet blast!

Living where I do I forget about the whole neighbor aspect. We got acres and acres between us and neighbor! Our driveway is just under 3/4 mile! Be safe and have a very quiet blast!

Ya I’m blessed to live with a large farm behind me and a large farm on the side. I’m in a small U shaped housing plan with property 10 houses. I’m in the very back of the u shaped plan and most of us have 2 acres so it’s pretty private. My Feral kitty cats walked down the hill with me and they didn’t even take off when I shot. That surprised me.

Yeah... FedEx

Screenshot_20231117_110654_Facebook.jpg

Do a bit of research at your local stores and you might be able to find some different 22 ammo that will make it even quieter. Nice rig!

Hey I have a question I know you can answer. Watching a few videos then running a magazine through my pistol why is the first round noisier than the rest. Even the guy in the video mentioned this testing different brands of ammo.

Hey I have a question I know you can answer. Watching a few videos then running a magazine through my pistol why is the first round noisier than the rest. Even the guy in the video mentioned this testing different brands of ammo.
Hah!
Not often I get a question I can actually answer. Without going all geeky basically with first shot you are simply pushing out the “squatters” gas. When your can is not in use, like most everything else it abhors a vacuum. While sitting idle it gradually fills up with ambient air, both temp wise and pressure and is happy being equal to its environment. Your first shot is now pushing out the room temp, low pressure gas with hot, high pressure gas. unless you wait a long time prior to taking your second shot you simply do not allow the can to cool and equalize back to the environment. Think icing down the manifold!

So as promised I got my cutoff jig in for making my own 300 blackout from spare 223 brass. It is the cats pajamas! Insert the case on the left side of jig block create pressure with second long case. Detent engages to index brass, drop the saw. Super simple! Don’t forget you must deburr after the cut before resizing! Jig is from Zepreloading and cutoff saw is from HF! Pure genius!

IMG_0810.jpeg

IMG_0809.jpeg

IMG_0808.jpeg

IMG_0807.jpeg

How do you like 300 blackout? I have a chance to buy a Ruger Mini 14 platform in 300 blackout.

How do you like 300 blackout? I have a chance to buy a Ruger Mini 14 platform in 300 blackout.
I am not sure yet as I am building one as part of an armors class I am going to here in a couple of weeks. I am building it specifically for sub sonic. We are getting more hogs on the place and I am hoping I put a can on it then top with a thermal I can slay me some piggies. They are excellent eating

I little behind on this thread but wanted to share a toast to my gun toting, knife wielding, dog loving friends on this thankful day. Just did a trade for a ton of high quality knives. I'll get some pics.

20231123_105127.jpg

I little behind on this thread but wanted to share a toast to my gun toting, knife wielding, dog loving friends on this thankful day. Just did a trade for a ton of high quality knives. I'll get some pics.

View attachment 1716169849
Knives? We like knives! I have been toying with purchasing a small propane forge and trying my hand at making some Damascus. Then I found a knife rabbit hole that sells Damascus blanks. The more I read and explored it Dawned on me I know Jack diddle about knife making.

The more I read and explored it Dawned on me I know Jack diddle about knife making.
Don’t let that slow you down. I know I’m not going to. I’m just trying to figure out how to do it without burning down the house. I’ve got no extra room.

Knives? We like knives! I have been toying with purchasing a small propane forge and trying my hand at making some Damascus. Then I found a knife rabbit hole that sells Damascus blanks. The more I read and explored it Dawned on me I know Jack diddle about knife making.
I get it. The satisfaction of creativity can be overwhelming. My wear bars are starting to show.

Don’t let that slow you down. I know I’m not going to. I’m just trying to figure out how to do it without burning down the house. I’ve got no extra room.
Agreed, I had no idea about crazy red heads but I married one anyway! The one I was looking at was a two burner you can run off a propane grilling size tank. I just did not see me making swords anytime soon so the smaller ones were just right. We have a box of antlers we have been saving for about thirty years so I got plenty of handle material. And it might be something cool to do with the grandkids?

Black Ops Friday!

Not really, timed out that the POS Keltec came back Friday and the gun shop was good to their word. I had handled some of their inventory earlier in the week and did some research, brought home a Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol. Sounds super reliable, and feels *right* when I handle it. Took it apart for initial clean and oiling, hope to take it out this week.

PXL_20231125_164142500.jpg

Black Ops Friday!

Not really, timed out that the POS Keltec came back Friday and the gun shop was good to their word. I had handled some of their inventory earlier in the week and did some research, brought home a Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol. Sounds super reliable, and feels *right* when I handle it. Took it apart for initial clean and oiling, hope to take it out this week.

View attachment 1716170803
You will not be disappointed with that choice. I think it won defensive shotgun of the year by ballistic magazine? Don’t quote me!

Black Ops Friday!

Dats sexy

Black Ops Friday!

Fine choice.

-
Back