Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
1701872746026.png

So I just got home from armors school on the AR platform. Unbeknownst to me the primary instructor turned out to be no less than Mike M the Founder and owner of Sons of Liberty Gun Works. He is an industry icon and truly innovated all things AR. When I saw him I envisioned a two day infomercial for his Company. Turned out the exact opposite. Not once did he pump or push his own product. His knowledge of the metallurgical aspects is phenomenal. Holy smokes what a resource of knowledge. He answered every question and endured all of our ineptitude! Just a great class, i had no idea how many teeny tiny springs there were in an AR. The classroom has springs from one end to the other! Guaranteed!

It is THE EDC... lol.. had to pull out stand-in. Felt all wrong
My point is, if it is lost for more then then 24 hours, it no longer is an EDC, it becomes YDC

After 48, who knows

On a side note, my EDC Is also a Kershaw, a decade old if it's a day

My point is, if it is lost for more then then 24 hours, it no longer is an EDC, it becomes YDC

After 48, who knows

On a side note, my EDC Is also a Kershaw, a decade old if it's a day

Nice :thumbsup:

Tonto blade Blur is my choice

I refused to call anything else that. The stand in off the safe shelf was always temporary.

Nice :thumbsup:

Tonto blade Blur is my choice

I refused to call anything else that. The stand in off the safe shelf was always temporary.
Mine is the 3420

I tried to get a second one a while ago but they are out of production

Perhaps I can find one on Ebay, as a back up

Not my EDC but handy around the house. Part of a trade I did and need to show some other pics. It is a prototype that never went into production and I can see why. If you deploy it into something it becomes limp. You basically have to re-**** it at that point.

I am still rocking an old simple Benchmade Griptillian with serrated combo blade. On the farm the serrations at back of blade get used far more than the blade blade. I did get it in canary yellow as it is easier to find that way! I think it is discontinued tho. Everyone likes the bigger version, I like a small EDC. But I think I have three of them! I will be dead and gone before I can tear three up. Now lose three? I can do that by Monday.

Next week I will be at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, teaching twenty Fed LEO Firearms instructors. It is a bit intimidating, the facility is super nice. Just not a single thing you could want or need that isn’t there. Super posh! One of the ranges is named after my buddies Dad. I had no idea. His picture and love me plaque was on the wall. The lead instructor who was giving me the tour knew that me and the Son were buddies. He is also an independent instructor, he told me to bust his balls so that he would go to work for him at the Center. The guy is always recruiting! I will be packing up today with all my classroom props. You know normal classroom junk, ammo box’s mislabeled, rifles, pistols, shotguns. Plenty of scotch tape to create malfunctions. Plastic blue guns, a tackle box full of assorted snap caps. A truck load worth of junk. Gonna be a long week, but hopefully very productive. And who knows maybe nobody will even bleed!

Next week I will be at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, teaching twenty Fed LEO Firearms instructors. It is a bit intimidating, the facility is super nice. Just not a single thing you could want or need that isn’t there. Super posh! One of the ranges is named after my buddies Dad. I had no idea. His picture and love me plaque was on the wall. The lead instructor who was giving me the tour knew that me and the Son were buddies. He is also an independent instructor, he told me to bust his balls so that he would go to work for him at the Center. The guy is always recruiting! I will be packing up today with all my classroom props. You know normal classroom junk, ammo box’s mislabeled, rifles, pistols, shotguns. Plenty of scotch tape to create malfunctions. Plastic blue guns, a tackle box full of assorted snap caps. A truck load worth of junk. Gonna be a long week, but hopefully very productive. And who knows maybe nobody will even bleed!

Glenco?

FLETC Little Rock
They train everything FED there, from VA, to Air Force Police, DEA, FBI etc etc. it is really an outstanding facility. Took us months to get a Federal Vendor Certification ID number. What a bureaucratic loop de loop. I can see why a hammer coasts a zillion bucks. They are trying to recoup the hours and hours and hours engaged in admin process.

They train everything FED there, from VA, to Air Force Police, DEA, FBI etc etc. it is really an outstanding facility. Took us months to get a Federal Vendor Certification ID number. What a bureaucratic loop de loop. I can see why a hammer coasts a zillion bucks. They are trying to recoup the hours and hours and hours engaged in admin process.

Spent some time at the Glenco, GA site

Spent some time at the Glenco, GA site
It is very nice as well. One of the guys from down that way who is in “transportation“ arm for ICE is setting up a transportation hub in central Ark. He is asking that we train his guys in pistol. Just starting that process and not a lot of details yet but transportation in that world is typically prisoner transport! Hah!

It is very nice as well. One of the guys from down that way who is in “transportation“ arm for ICE is setting up a transportation hub in central Ark. He is asking that we train his guys in pistol. Just starting that process and not a lot of details yet but transportation in that world is typically prisoner transport! Hah!

Well...... :rolleyes:

-
Back