Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
I will just leave this here on this sad morning. RIP Toby Keith. He was a great supporter of our military personnel. Not exactly sure how the photo below and him are related but somehow in my head it seemed a fitting post in recognition of his relentless touring in the sandbox.

IMG_1148.jpeg

I can honestly say I didn’t know or follow him. The only concert that I ever went to was Kenny Rodgers and Dolly Parton many many years ago. A girlfriend took me because I didn’t like country music. I love lots of different types of music but honestly disliked many of the groups singing it. Way to much drug use and death back in the 60’s and 70’s and I’ve had to much of that in my life. In my head the music lives for ever. He did seem to have a big following.

" Either this chronograph is messed up or my powder measure isn't right. These velocities are all over the chart! Where's that powder scale when I need it?" :rolleyes: :lol:

So it was a sunny day here in North West Arkansas. So part of my real job on a closed gun bunny site is I get to do some critical analysis of equipment on occasion. Today I got to run two SIGS side by side a Legion and a SIG custom shop Spectre complete with compensator. In essence I was calculating the impact of the compensator on time. Bottom line I gained .4 seconds every six shots. It was a hoot! Sometimes I just love my job! It was like firing up a fresh build with open headers! I had never laid hands on a Spectre before today. That thing is a shooter, designed to go right out of the box into competition platform.

IMG_1151.jpeg

IMG_1150.jpeg

"Who let the dogs out?" Is my gf's ring tone, lol.
This one is my wifes

Some of our friends played it live at our wedding, almost 20 years ago

(The funny thing is, the band who wrote it is actually a metal band. Or they were, their drummer and founding member passed away last year. On an unrelated note, several other member got together after that and created a tribute band to the original...me and my boy got tickets to see them next july)

Gettin ready to sell this one. Gonna keep my primary stuff [for use], and a few gifts and favorites. I really gotta get back into handgun shooting again.

HK MSG.jpg

HK MSG 8.jpg

HK MSG 3.jpg

HK MSG 9.jpg

Man that is in great shape, not a scratch on it. Doesn’t look like it has ever been used? As you know they are usually quite a bit rougher than that! Nice piece as always!
Thanks. Got some real good stuff to sell. Mostly, all my collectables...

Playing with the .350 Legend. These should be around 2550 fps. Solid copper 140 grain projectile from Bear Creek Ballistics. I have some 125grain copper hollow points from Hammer Bullets to try, also. Not many good bullets for hunting out there.

IMG_3124.jpeg

Playing with the .350 Legend. These should be around 2550 fps. Solid copper 140 grain projectile from Bear Creek Ballistics. I have some 125grain copper hollow points from Hammer Bullets to try, also. Not many good bullets for hunting out there.

View attachment 1716205600
Agree, those should drop a big bear, congratulations

The tips are rounded to make them feed better in semi-automatic rifles. The same bullet for bolt actions has a more distinct point on them.

The tips are rounded to make them feed better in semi-automatic rifles. The same bullet for bolt actions has a more distinct point on them.
I was told that not long ago about the rounded tips, thanks, you have the knowledge that many seek out.

-
Back