Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
The tips are rounded to make them feed better in semi-automatic rifles. The same bullet for bolt actions has a more distinct point on them.
I have a Browning Buckmark .22 auto that has issue with the truncated .22 hypervelocity ammo. The edge of the bullet under the cone gets hung up on the edge of the ramp into the chamber. Round nose bullets no problems.

You boys been busy while I was away at school! I had to focus on what I was doing since I was not in my comfort zone! I managed to become a level one firearms coach this weekend. I am now working on my level two. It allows me to Coach at more of a National level inside the Olympic feeder program. I have no hopes or desire to get involved in the Olympic aspect but the rating gives me some additional street cred! We sponsor a local youth trap team (God is Great) and the rating will help the soccer moms rest assured I may even know what I am doing when I coach little Johnnie. The class was nine hours classroom per day then a minimum of three hours home work each night in your hotel room. Focus was on sports physiology and sports Sy Cology! I may not can spell it but I can do it! Hah! And of course focus on shooting technique and we had to shoot and coach each other as candidates. It was as hard as I have had to study in quite some time.

You boys been busy while I was away at school! I had to focus on what I was doing since I was not in my comfort zone! I managed to become a level one firearms coach this weekend. I am now working on my level two. It allows me to Coach at more of a National level inside the Olympic feeder program. I have no hopes or desire to get involved in the Olympic aspect but the rating gives me some additional street cred! We sponsor a local youth trap team (God is Great) and the rating will help the soccer moms rest assured I may even know what I am doing when I coach little Johnnie. The class was nine hours classroom per day then a minimum of three hours home work each night in your hotel room. Focus was on sports physiology and sports Sy Cology! I may not can spell it but I can do it! Hah! And of course focus on shooting technique and we had to shoot and coach each other as candidates. It was as hard as I have had to study in quite some time.
Congratulations on level One my Arkansas cousin, by reading that, I bet you are ready for some relaxation and four legged family time, won't touch on your two legged time :lol:
Your area of the state is getting some winter mix, enjoy a cup and stay sharp, it gets harder to study as we grow older. But if you keep using it, you won't miss a beat.
Cousin Mike.

Congratulations on level One my Arkansas cousin, by reading that, I bet you are ready for some relaxation and four legged family time, won't touch on your two legged time :lol:
Your area of the state is getting some winter mix, enjoy a cup and stay sharp, it gets harder to study as we grow older. But if you keep using it, you won't miss a beat.
Cousin Mike.
Hah I woke up with a dog snout on my chest this morning. She was very happy I am back home. Jodi was happy too, asked what I was cooking for dinner tonight! I pre cooked a bunch for her so she did not have to cook while I was gone.

I have a Browning Buckmark .22 auto that has issue with the truncated .22 hypervelocity ammo. The edge of the bullet under the cone gets hung up on the edge of the ramp into the chamber. Round nose bullets no problems.
I carry a Buckmark in my range bag when I am teaching pistol instructors. Invariably they do not practice and struggle shooting the qual. I pull my “magic pistol” out of the bag and they can pass! Ego tends to get in the way sometimes! Student decides he is going to impress the class qualifying with his snub nosed 50 caliber Desert Eagle!

I carry a Buckmark in my range bag when I am teaching pistol instructors. Invariably they do not practice and struggle shooting the qual. I pull my “magic pistol” out of the bag and they can pass! Ego tends to get in the way sometimes! Student decides he is going to impress the class qualifying with his snub nosed 50 caliber Desert Eagle!
One of the main things I like about the Buckmark is how similar to a 1911 it feels in my hand.

Joined pretty well-equipped range today...zeroed in the green dot on my A300, I like it! 8 pellet Flight Control 00 buck...8 small holes in the white are one at 15 yards, solid holes are a few at 10. Outside the circle are wadding, me not great, and trying to shoot fast.
We also shot steel targets for the first time... MUCH fun! Wife with her HK VP9...she was laughing like a kid!
PXL_20240214_202558248.jpg

Joined pretty well-equipped range today...zeroed in the green dot on my A300, I like it! 8 pellet Flight Control 00 buck...8 small holes in the white are one at 15 yards, solid holes are a few at 10. Outside the circle are wadding, me not great, and trying to shoot fast.
We also shot steel targets for the first time... MUCH fun! Wife with her HK VP9...she was laughing like a kid!
View attachment 1716207203
Nice job! And thanks for joining your local range, folks like you keep us alive. You might ask if they have any “sweat equity” arrangements to reduce your dues? Ya never know a couple days labor and you shoot free all year!

Nice job! And thanks for joining your local range, folks like you keep us alive. You might ask if they have any “sweat equity” arrangements to reduce your dues? Ya never know a couple days labor and you shoot free all year!
Long ago I used my influence at the rock farm and got our local club a substantial discount on some road base they needed to smooth out the winter's damage in their parking lot. Like 2/3 off the COD price. I got to shoot twice for free :thumbsup:

So tomorrow a buddy and I are going to go look at a couple of Cooper rifles. Anyone on here got a Cooper? If so, Are they what everyone says they are? I have never heard anything but praise envy and drool when folks talk about them. Me personally I just want to shoot one! Call it a test drive!

I think I got some Cooper tires on the front of the duster...does that count ?

So today I drove over with a buddy to visit with another buddy who just happens to own Nighthawk custom. As some of you may know Nighthawk purchased Cooper rifles of Montana. A match made in heaven. I talked the owner into giving me and a farming buddy a tour of the newly setup Cooper rifles facility here at Nighthawk. Suffice to say there were some beautiful rifles there. Pictured are a couple of sodbusters with the owner of Nighthawk! We are in an impromptu assembly area. They are looking at being able to rollout finished product early to mid 2025. Just a great day!

IMG_1190.jpeg

IMG_1189.jpeg

IMG_1188.jpeg

IMG_1186.jpeg

When you guys read some of these posts and think to yourself, that guy has the greatest job ever! I challenge you to remember this picture, from my dinner tonight, in yet another nameless hotel in another nameless town prepping for shooting tomorrow. This is a reflection of the Uber elegant glamorous life of a competitive shooter.

IMG_4729.jpeg

So today I drove over with a buddy to visit with another buddy who just happens to own Nighthawk custom. As some of you may know Nighthawk purchased Cooper rifles of Montana. A match made in heaven. I talked the owner into giving me and a farming buddy a tour of the newly setup Cooper rifles facility here at Nighthawk. Suffice to say there were some beautiful rifles there. Pictured are a couple of sodbusters with the owner of Nighthawk! We are in an impromptu assembly area. They are looking at being able to rollout finished product early to mid 2025. Just a great day!

View attachment 1716210583

View attachment 1716210584

View attachment 1716210585

View attachment 1716210586
That some perty wood right there :thumbsup:

-
Back