Guys at the shows and cruises are really rude

-
i was at a show once and i had someone sit on my hood. so being my neutral safety was by passed i just started it in gear so it leaped back and he fell on his ***...

i dont care about the comments but you touch it and were gonna have a problem...

I haven't been to many shows this year but I didn't realize it was such a problem. I'm usually at the drag strip and have never seen anyone leaning on someone else's racecar.

This is a grey area for me......if you are not looking for other folks opinions why bring your ride to a car show? Or do you only want to hear the positive things? One thing for someone to have a comment that you might not like...ie....who did your body work, a blind guy that has numb hands versus some stinky bastard leaning on your ride.....You folks best not be at the Good Guys show here in Spokane on Saturday....My wife & I are going and she is very open with her comments....If asked where her ride is her comment is always the same.....we are not looking at my ride right now.....yours is the one that is parked here for others to look at.....some may consider this rude.....but at the same time if you did not want to comments about your ride than why are you showing it?

Back to why I came back to this thread.....not trying to start a war here...but how many of us folks get the door for our spouse/girl friend? Or help an old lady in Costco when she is struggling with a 40 pound bag of dog food? Never mind holding the door for your wife/girl friend but how about any random woman going thru a door some where? I get stereotyped constantly when I am wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt....the name inkjunkie came about due to my arms/legs being sleeved. Nothing like holding the door for a woman that just gave me the evil eye because of my artwork.
Hey Inkjunkie I have to agree. I gotta say my parents raised me to open the door for a lady, carry groceries and mind my P's and Q's all around (or Mom or Dad would have literally kicked my ***).

As far as muscle cars and shows go I've owned lots of very nice vehicles (and crappy ones) and been to events of all kinds. Thinking back 20-30 years though if most muscle car owners then acted this way I would have started collecting stamps. No wonder the Young Guns are buying Ricers. I wouldn't wanna hang out with some of us either.

I haven't been to many shows this year but I didn't realize it was such a problem. I'm usually at the drag strip and have never seen anyone leaning on someone else's racecar.

At the drag strip the cars are in the pits.. I believe the racers are usually to busy with their cars to bother nitpicking others.. Their kids and families usually are busy acting as pit crew, and bystanders walking the pit areas usually seem to just look and not enter individual pit stalls (for the most part) I believe this helps keep these incidents to a minimum at the track

Leaning against someone else's car is a habit some people have, and I don't like it either. (even though my car is not a quality of paint job that it matters really)
I see it a sign of disrespect of other people's property.
Actually I saw a picture of a member's car posted on here with his kid on the hood and I had a hard time not commenting on it.
IMHO KIDS DO NOT CLIMB ON CARS EVER FOR ANY REASON! Not at my house, or even around me really.
I'll say something even if it's not my car, or my kid. (I just can't watch it)
Then it makes me take a second look about the people I chose to be around.

Respectless A holes are getting more and more comon these days and it sucks.

It is actually more comon in the East and West but not near as bad in some states I noticed.
In Oklahoma for example, people are WAY more respectful of others than say, Cal or New York.

I don't get upset when a butt monkey has something mean to say about my car, but if someone leans on it we have a problem! If the person has a car you value they will understand that you DO NOT lean on anyone's car.

Leaning against someone else's car is a habit some people have, and I don't like it either. (even though my car is not a quality of paint job that it matters really)
I see it a sign of disrespect of other people's property.
Actually I saw a picture of a member's car posted on here with his kid on the hood and I had a hard time not commenting on it.
IMHO KIDS DO NOT CLIMB ON CARS EVER FOR ANY REASON! Not at my house, or even around me really.
I'll say something even if it's not my car, or my kid. (I just can't watch it)
Then it makes me take a second look about the people I chose to be around.

Respectless A holes are getting more and more comon these days and it sucks.

It is actually more comon in the East and West but not near as bad in some states I noticed.
In Oklahoma for example, people are WAY more respectful of others than say, Cal or New York.

I had pics posted of my grandson on the hood of my Dart for his 1st b-day pics.. At that point it was cute... But like I said he's 1, and it was a controlled shoot.. As he gets older he will be taught the same as I was... (My daughter will see to that... She asked for my permission to have him on the hood, rather than just doing it..)

I actually just got back from walmart and was talking about how loud mouthed , rude , ignorant , and inconsiderate people are. Going places like that remind me just how much I hate people lol.

I was brought up to say please, thank you , excuse me etc...etc... and to this day I still use my manors.

Like inkjunkie mentioned.....I get dirty looks from some of the more conservative folks due to have a bunch of tattoos and what not. But If I see someone with a shopping cart or a child in arm at the door of the supermarket I go out of my way to run up and hold the door open for them, if someone is 15 feet or so behind me and I walk in a door I will hold the door open for them until they get a chance to walk through aswell. If I am in line with a cart full of stuff and someone behind me only has a few items I will let them cut ahead of me (sure it back fires sometimes.....persons credit card gets denied and im stuck waiting behind them lol, or the person you hold the door open for holds their nose in the air and breezes right through like it was my job to hold the door for them). But that's just the way I was raised and I try to be polite when and where I can. And teach my kids to do the same.

as for the car shows ....I took the Duster to its first show in July, parked it and not even minutes after getting out of the car so kid runs of and runs her dirty little fingers down the side of the car and I said " HEY , HANDS OFF PLEASE". the dad apologized and off they went, then had a guy come up wanting to argue with me about what came factory on my car when I know for a fact I was right and he was wrong...finally after listening to him babble on for 5 minutes I said "you know what pal, your right....im wrong. where is your car at"....he told me, so I went and looked and his road runner was ragged out and he had no room to criticize anyone!. Then later on My self, my wife and my son were sitting down behind my Duster and 2 kids ran up to the Duster and yelled to their mom to take a picture of them (who might I add looked like a "real winner" lol) and shes taking pictures of them....then they start leaning on the Duster and throwing their arms and hands up on the doors and fenders and the mom is still just taking pictures of them ...not telling them to keep off of it. By this time I was getting ready to speak up....and finally my wife hopped up out of her chair and walked over and put the two kids and the mother in check and they all turned and gave her the dirtiest look and walked away lol.

its sad to see that most people act the way they do anymore.....but thats just the way things are...not much that can be done about it....and its the fault of the parents....the kids don't know any better because the parents just dont step up and teach them right from wrong.

Not much of a problem where I am as far as I can tell. I go to half a dozen shows a year as a spectator, put one of my cars in one this year for the first time in 20 or so years. I really haven't witnessed any rudeness, met a bunch of super nice people at the one I was in. I'm well into my 50's so you would think I would have noticed somewhere along the line, maybe I'm just off in my own little world and don't notice.

I came back to my car after getting a slice of pizza with my buddy. There was a 200 lb guy laying in my trunk looking at the under side of the rear speaker deck.

After yelling at him he got out scratching the tail stripe. . I was telling him he has to get me a new stripe. He pushed me and told me to get fucked then walked away.

I went to the person collecting the show money and they laughed. My son is going with me this year. His car is getting keyed at the same spot. An eye for an eye maybe some teeth. It will be great to see his face " Becky's dream come true".

I was told he was checking the vin on the package tray on my car.

I came back to my car after getting a slice of pizza with my buddy. There was a 200 lb guy laying in my trunk looking at the under side of the rear speaker deck.

After yelling at him he got out scratching the tail stripe. . I was telling him he has to get me a new stripe. He pushed me and told me to get fucked then walked away.

I went to the person collecting the show money and they laughed. My son is going with me this year. His car is getting keyed at the same spot. An eye for an eye maybe some teeth. It will be great to see his face " Becky's dream come true".

I was told he was checking the vin on the package tray on my car.

what a dick, should have tuned him up with your tire iron :violent1:

I enjoy going to car shows and cruise ins, this is relaxating and my hobby, I eat, sleep, live to enjoy classic cars, hang around with my car friends and talk to people. I taught my children from their first car cruise in to look and not to touch [I have been building/showing cars since they were born]. I never put down any ones car no matter how ratty it is [what did you have when you were young] my first car was a ragged out Roadrunner but I loved that car and I was very proud of it. My current car is not a show piece, matter of fact I jokingly say i'm a turd in a punch bowl when I go to shows. I respect whatever somebody owns [not everyone car do an expensive restoration] I know i'm one of them, most of the folks I meet at shows [car owners] are nice people others are *** hats which I don't have time for. Life is too short to worry about these jerks pay them no attention and they'll go away. I also have the manners my parents taught me, i'm in the 50s club too!!!!!!

I pefer race tracks now. Normal car shows just don't cut it anymore but my dad is huge into car shows and has never really mentioned it. Guys complaining about not winning is getting big around here from what I have heard. There is one guy in particular who is such a turd about it that most people know not to vote for him.

This whole thing about politeness declining in our society as a whole is a very complex statement. I am not trying to sound like a arrogant know it all but I get tired of hearing this. Politeness isn't declining its evolving. Look at what manners were back in the Time of Jesus. You were expected to wash the feet of the guests and pour oil on them, pretty much bath them. Or in the Middle Ages when chivalry was running the show. Or in the 50s when the men would stand up every time a women entered the room. Saying that manners are getting worse and worse would assume that eventually there will be no such thing as manners. I think it just changes with each generation and the older generation will more than likely not agree with the new one. Society is not going to end up being some anarchical world where people run around farting in kids faces. Manners will always be around so don't worry about that. Now if in ten years from now we have hooligans leaning all over other people's cars then god help us all.

kinda true. people were always rude. remember the good Samaritan story? how the guys own people didn't stop to help, but a Samaritan did. (Samaritans were dark skinned, believed in the same religion but were discriminated against).

and then they spit on Jesus... taunted him etc.

those things are in the book to remind us how ugly people can be.

but also in there is how we should act regardless of how they are / what they say / what they do.

don't be afraid to ask someone to not lean on the car or to not make rude comments. you never know, but 1 out of 10 or so it might bring up a conversation that can make them a better person. or you might get punched in the nose lol. but anyways, it's worth a try. people are worth a try. don't be afraid just do right by people hopefully it will come back around to you as a blessing. :D

Opinions are like buttholes- everyone has one and a lot of them stink! Don't let them bother you. Enjoy your car and let the buttholes be happy in their own little world.

LOL

My wife likes to say this.... Some opinions or people are like A$$hole$ - everyone has one but some are just bigger then others...

My car has alot of paint / body flaws which is on the too due list but at carshows and cruises you sure can here the comments... Most enthusiasts are like great car / work in progress... will be awesome when complete... Then the rude ones point and speak there minds loudly lol...

Personally I know my end goal and it doesn't bother me since those rudes ones are just passing by anyways...

Ignore them all but the ones who care and stop to ask questions...

MoparFest 2 days away :cheers::cheers:

I don't go to shows much anymore. I might someday but it's not worth my time right now. Last time I did I took my girlfriend and her kids - none of whom are car people. The first time they got near a car I said rather loudly "Dont... touch... ANYTHING...". The car they were next to's owner was sitting behind the car (I didn't know he was there) and he got up and introduced himself and thanked me. Then he asked the kids if they wanted to sit in it (it was a Gasser looking Anglia - a wicked cool ride...caged, etc). Then got pictures in it, he got to talk to them about it. It was really cool of him. The next guy that said anything started raising his voice because they were getting close to his car and i simply said - "see? They're not all as cool as that last guy..."
You never know if an owner will be receptive so IMO it's always best to just stay off things. As far as telling somone to get off mine - I really didn't care when I had a car on the show field. They were just cars to me. I'd even sit on the fender when someone was talking to me...lol.

Im young (21) and from the time i started going to shows or even looking in public or at peoples houses, i was always told not to touch unless you have permission. And you damn sure dont lean on someones car. Even my cousins 95 dakota work truck i asked if i could lean on. When i was 18 my schools auto club put on a car show to raise money for a trip. I was put in charge of the show and became a judge. I had 3 other kids walking with me 1 i chose, 2 i would never choose. We got to the first car, 71 challenger, beautiful car. One of the kids i wouldnt have chose put their hands on the window sill and basically dove in. The other started touching stuff under the hood. My buddy i had picked looked at me horrified. We had to tell our teacher. After that only my buddy, my teacher and i judged. I gave the man back his entry fee and apologized.

At the same time there were a lot of older gentlemen who in my walking around were doing the same. Its crazy the lack of respect.

I stopped giving a **** about what everyone else thinks. It's my car: I like it and if they don't then they can get bent. I especially love the guys who paid someone to do everything on their car and act stuck up about things at shows.

Opinions are like buttholes- everyone has one and a lot of them stink! Don't let them bother you. Enjoy your car and let the buttholes be happy in their own little world.

Or perhaps "Opinions are like noses, everybody has them and most of them smell".

Family friendly, polite and offense free.

Most local car shows I've been too, here in Alabama, people are polite, considerate, and pleasant. However, the big "Friday Night" shows, such as the First Friday in Gadsden, attracts people aplenty, many of whom are ignorant of the work and pride that goes into a classic car. I took my car once, and when I saw people leaning on it upon my return from walking around to view other cars, I decided never to take my car to that show again.

Had the Duster on the Hot Rod Power Tour twice, 2011 and 2013, and never had a problem, go figure.

Incidentally, If I leave the car at a show to walk around, I always close the trunk and the hood, and often roll up the windows and lock it. Careful is as careful does.

I'd even sit on the fender when someone was talking to me...lol.
I was sitting on the roof of my '66 mustang one night, with my feet on the window sill-this guy comes up and says "I wouldn't let someone sit on my car like that!".
I said "neither would I..."

Yep--this is why our Mopar group here in Wis. mostly only go to ALL mopar events.Like Jim Morison sang "People are Strange"

Oldmanmopar, key dudes car down to bare metal. Nice payback for the scratch and the push and telling you to F off. LOL.
I also was brought up to respect others property, regardless of how it looks. If it ain't yours, LEAVE IT ALONE!!! Plain and simple. As far as the owners talking, some see how I am. I take a camera with me, and I make sure to hold it so it won't swing down to hit the car when I look in the engine compartment. I try to make sure I'm no where close to touching the car. It's all about respect. As far as criticism, if it's done constructively, fine and dandy, but if it's rude and smart *** done, who would like it? I can't thing of anyone who would like it. Again, IT'S ABOUT RESPECT!

-
Back