Ha, what a find.

-
I would guess, he is 85 and said he's never seen anything like it.

A woolly mammoth. The U of M was in there and discovered tooling marks that they think was done by humans preserving the animal for food some 10 to 15 thousand years ago.

So cool to see news like this.
We had a similar find here localy back in the 70s.
Guy was digging a cat fish pond.
Can still see the mammoth bones on display at the local
collage here.

I'd like to say something funny about creationism here but I think I won't.

lol yea I was Going to Say "How is that thing 15.000 years old when the Earth is 5000?" But I don't want to upset a Fundamentalist Christian.

Very cool. I think the universities have enough wooley mammoths to study. The old timer should of cleaned that thing up and sold it.

lol yea I was Going to Say "How is that thing 15.000 years old when the Earth is 5000?" But I don't want to upset a Fundamentalist Christian.

No, they're being persecuted enough as it is.

Better stop here, I think.

Why stop there? Go ahead, finish what you started. It's fun watching the ignorance surround theology expose itself.

You wont upset me. Do tell. I think it comes down to you have your beliefs, we have ours. And we both love Mopars. Not too bad. In the end we will find out who is right anyway.

You wont upset me. Do tell. I think it comes down to you have your beliefs, we have ours. And we both love Mopars. Not too bad. In the end we will find out who is right anyway.

X2.... cool elephant! AND..... I really don't understand why my religious beliefs disturb anyone???

The thing that bugs me, is the mud ain't even dry on it, and already it's 13000 plus years old! Sheesh.

They can get an approximate relative age on it just by how deep it is in the ground. The only way they can get more specific without actually doing carbon-14 testing is to be able to see the actual variations in the sediment layers in the ground.

Farmer said he thought it was a curved fence post.
Must not have been buried very deep.

It must've fallen off the boat.

Seriously though, what the heck do you do with something like that? I'd be tempted to hang it in the garage.

You'd need a pretty big garage to hang it there without constantly poking yourself in the eye.

It must've fallen off the boat.

Seriously though, what the heck do you do with something like that? I'd be tempted to hang it in the garage.

You mount it to the front of your Dodge RAM of course! LOL!

-
Back