Hack Alert beware

-

moparn1

Reaction score
My brother recently picked up his car from a restoration shop in Olympia WA. Besides doing the paint and body work he had then install a spring relocation kit (which they have done a bunch of) this is how they installed the rear spring skackles. TOTAL F---IN hack job. I don't know what they were thinking. :angry5:

Attachments

• matt's.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 419
  • car.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 422
  • hanger.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 423
My brother recently picked up his car from Rocket Restorations in Olympia WA. Besides doing the paint and body work he had then install a spring relocation kit (which they have done a bunch of) this is how they installed the rear spring skackles. TOTAL F---IN hack job. I don't know what they were thinking. :angry5:

That sucks, it would be a huge disappointment for me too! The crazy thing is that would require a lot more work than drilling a hole and welding in the sleeve like normal.

Yeah, the more I look at the pictures the pi$$ed off I get and it's not even my car. If it were me I would be demanding all kinds of stuff some relevant and some not at all.

you sure they did that? on moparts they get rave reveiws why would they notch out the frame then box it in, only to weld that sway bar mount to it? They are members on moparts put a post up there and see if they respond or others respond, what did they say when asked about it?

That is unsafe never mind a hack job. Take it back and bash thier heads in.

He just e-mailed them this morning. He actually wants me to remove the post until they have a chance to respond. In my eyes there is no response to make that kind of work acceptable on any level. Depending on the response this post may end up on every Mopar forum known to man kind.

I'd like to here the response, that looks odd, like i said notch it out and box it in to weld that thingie in, i don't get the logic

He just e-mailed them this morning. He actually wants me to remove the post until they have a chance to respond. In my eyes there is no response to make that kind of work acceptable on any level. Depending on the response this post may end up on every Mopar forum known to man kind.

I'd leave it up until after something is done about it.

I'd leave it up until after something is done about it.

X2!!

Then if the goodwill is there and this is resolved to your and your brothers satisfaction,you can post that info up,along with thier apology. That sort of work is bullshit.

A chance to respond?The boss or manager of the shop would,ve had to o.k the job and your brother must,ve looked at the job?,before paying and recieving the car?Regardless,next time I recommend you take any Mopar bodywork to member Res1vw2(Ross)he,s in Seattle and a Mopar guy.Good luck.

I've only been working in a shop since last june, and even I could have pulled that one off the right way! That's just a s**t job... That wouldn't go over well with me. Looks like crap and definitely doesnt look like it can hold much of anything.

I'm ready to go down there and whoop some *** and it's not even my car! There is absolutely no excuse for that butchery! :angry5:

A chance to respond?The boss or manager of the shop would,ve had to o.k the job and your brother must,ve looked at the job?,before paying and recieving the car?Regardless,next time I recommend you take any Mopar bodywork to member Res1vw2(Ross)he,s in Seattle and a Mopar guy.Good luck.

Well kind of a long story....the car was there 9 months, when we looked at it and noticed the job was done the correct way but the shackles were not straight, the body lines on the left side looked like ****, he told them to re-do the left side and make the shackles right. When we picked up the car most time was spent looking and the body work and the shitty job they did installing the chrome window trim. He just wanted the car back. Shame on us for assuming a restoration shop could install a simple relocation kit AND get it right. Lesson learned.

The sad part is,what other corners did they cut to rush the car out the door.I feel for your brother and would seek legal action IF they don,t want to make things right.I would take the car to another resto shop to be fixed properly and have them foot the bill for their screwup.JMO.

That's probably enough to get law enforcement involved in. In most states, that would be considered a hazard to others on the road. I know in Georgia for example, when a car is repaired after being bought back from the insurance company from a total, it must be inspected by The Georgia Bureau Of Investigations before it can be road worthy again. Seems like this kinda thing would fall under similar laws in your state. If you are able to do so, I would sue to have them provide new frame rails PLUS installation funds to have them installed CORRECTLY by a shop of your choosing.

I can't even imagine what someone was thinking when they were doing that work. Visually, it looks unstable and dangerous. And, like others have said, it was a lot of work to do such a horrible job.

Somebody did some **** like that to my car and I swear I'd beat their eyes out.

-
Back