Had a Interview today

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
So I had a interview today for a new job. Its basically the same thing I do now except getting out of the Dept. of Corrections and working for the State Colleges and University's.

On the plus side being that I've been in the HVAC field for 15 years so far, I've gotten to know a lot of the other plant managers and employees around the metro area. Today during my interview I knew 2 of the people sitting on the other side of the table. It was a pretty simple interview (19 questions). I think it took about 45 minutes to complete.

After leaving the interview I just got this sinking feeling that I bombed it. I answered a lot of the questions correctly, and heard comments from the other side of the table, like good answer etc... I just sit here tonight repeating the questions in my head and I feel I could had done much better!

Im not sure if its because I want out of Corrections, (with less stress and negativity) that I was hoping I nailed the interview or what, but Im just bummed. :wack: I was told today that I will get a answer by the end of the week.

On the plus side at least Im have my current job and not worried about where my next pay check is coming from.. There will always be Corrections!

Sorry rant over, just needed to vent. The wife was getting sick of me randomly blurting our a answer to a question and telling her what I should had said. LOL

That's the funny thing about interviews. You just never know. I have been on interviews where I thought I bombed, but got the job. There have been those where I felt I did well, and didn't get the job. Like I said, you just never know. At least you have the right attitude, and that is the worst that can happen is you still have a good job!

Leave corrections? Why? All that job security and all. LOL If I could leave it I would in a heartbeat. It's hard for an old man like me to get a comparable job with comparable pay. I sure do wish you the best.

woohoooooooooooooo rock on man and good luck

Thank you!

That's the funny thing about interviews. You just never know. I have been on interviews where I thought I bombed, but got the job. There have been those where I felt I did well, and didn't get the job. Like I said, you just never know. At least you have the right attitude, and that is the worst that can happen is you still have a good job!

It all happens for a reason right?

Leave corrections? Why? All that job security and all. LOL If I could leave it I would in a heartbeat. It's hard for an old man like me to get a comparable job with comparable pay. I sure do wish you the best.

I know, why on earth would I want to get away from all these great guys that are innocent and complain about anything and everything, every minute of the day! For god sake dont go to prison! Thanks for the well wishes!

Good luck! I didn't know you were in HVAC. ( I am the one who bought those nice aluminum slots you had. ) If that job doesn't work out keep looking. The HVAC-R industry is busy around here right now.

Hay ! Goodluck from your Arkansas co-worker here, I enjoyed hear you vent and
it sounds like you have a great shot at this :glasses7:

In a job interview you just have to be the smartest guy in the room! Good luck! MT

Don't sweat it Ramie, Ive had about 8 interviews the last 2 years. Every one of them I hated and second guessed myself. 5 new jobs for me in 2 years, and another interview this Friday(last step). Persistence and resilience pay off, you got it!

Send a thank you note to the people with whom you interviewed - it will help you stand out from the crowd. Google "Interview Thank You note" for ideas on what to say

Good luck

Don't second guess yourself, I think most interviewers don't expect perfection, but are looking for qualities that will work best in that job position! I believe you have those qualities, just the fact that you are skilled in many areas of your life shows a lot of character, drive, initiative and preserverance, all qualities that employers are looking for!! You don't have to mention any other fields of interest to display those qualities, I think it becomes your personality!!

Good luck on landing the job that best suits you, and makes you the happiest!!! Geof

Thanks again guys for the words of encouragement. I woke up a couple times last night reanswering the questions in my head. Of course I didn't know the questions going into the interview but now that I know then it's a different story. Lol,

I had to go up against a coworker that also applied for this job. Right now he works under me, I think what would bug me most is if he actually got offered the job. I'm not a religious man by any means, but I do believe that God has a plan for all of us. Thanks again everyone!!!!

If the coworker got the job instead of you, I think that would be a testament to your leadership, and yes, it may bug me if that happened, but I would be thankful for the opprotunity, and proud that he got the the job because of the time spent together grooming him for that position!! It's all good, and yes, all things happen for a reason, I just hope that you get the best position for you!!

Got a email today from the Supervisor at the other job I applied for. Just asked if I was around today. I responded and said yep, give me a call. Keep in mind I worked for this guy about 13 years ago and see him numerous times a year at various trainings.

I gave him about a hour and I couldnt take it any longer, I had to call him. When I got him on the phone, he asks me if its raining at my job??? Seriously??? LOL. Of course its raining I told him. His reply, "ok". LOL So I ask him if he had any news on the job. He said, yep he did. Nothing more. He was intentionally messing with me. So I ask him if he cared to share with me. He said oh ya, well you were the top applicant for the job. Are you interested in it?

:blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob:

So I have not officially accepted the job yet, the future to be new supervisor told me to think about it for a couple days and call him on Friday with my official answer. I have some things I need to talk about with the wife, but Im 99.9% sure Im taking it!

Thank you everyone for the supportive words on here!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you guys! Im excited yet nervous, Ive been at my current job for 15 years and will be leaving behind a lot of good people I've met!

-
Back