Had my TTI ceramic coated black

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
Had these new TTI headers coated black. I think the silver is just a little over done now days. Interesting is the fact I guess they don't cook this coating just spray it on and air dry. Suppose to be alot better in the higher heat range can't remember numbers but it was like double the rating of the Polish silver ceramic.

I think the black will look fine against the Viper red engine compartment.

Here is some information I found. I had mine done but looks like you could do it at home.

TECH LINE COATINGS makes available a full range of exhaust system coatings that can be applied at home. TECH LINE COATINGS offers the most technologically advanced coatings on the market. These coatings include the most popular type of coating in use today, a metallic ceramic. These coatings are the same products being applied by professional coating shops and give the individual the opportunity to benefit from this advanced technology at both a cost and time savings.

Coverage
(APPROXIMATE) ALL EXHAUST SYSTEM COATINGS
SMALL V8 HEADERS AND CAST IRON MANIFOLDS 4 OZ. PER PAIR
MEDIUM V8 HEADERS 6 TO 8 OZ. PER PAIR
LARGE V8 HEADERS 10 TO 12 OZ. PER PAIR

Black Satin (BHK)

•Black Satin is the most advanced exhaust system coating available
•Withstands 2000f temperatures
•Easy to apply ceramic reinforced coating designed for high temperature applications
•Reduces underhood temperatures, reduces exhaust manifold surface temperatures
•Improve exhaust gas velocity, increase H.P.
•Air drying, requires no baking
•Coverage: See above

APPLICATION: Sandblast all parts with 120 grit aluminum oxide. DO NOT USE GLASSBEAD. Clean metal using conventional cleaning methods, with acetone, lacquer thinner or other similar non-petroleum based solvent.When the surface is clean and dry, apply a thin even layer of coating using an airbrush, detail touch-up gun or other spray equipment that allows for application of a thin film of approximately .001" to .0015". Avoid excessive build-up of material as this can lead to loss of adhesion. DO NOT APPLY A SECOND COAT AFTER THE COATING DRIES. The coating will air dry to the touch in a few minutes. Install on vehicle, as the coating will cure with exaust heat.

CAUTION: Excessive exhaust heat due to a poorly tuned engine can damage the coating during the cure period. Do not install on a new engine untill all adjustments have been made to the valves, timing and jetting. Allow the engine to idle, or drive gently for approximately 30 minutes or until no vapor/smoke is given off by the coating. MAINTAIN adequate ventilation during this process.
Full cure occurs at 750F Especially effective on Turbo housings, head pipe and down tube.

Attachments

• 65 valiant 015.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 200
no warrantee now, but they do look nice and I think I want to do this if I get the cheap versions of the TTI the bares

I am sure the black and red colors will go good together.
I always liked black chrome pipes. Good information to know.
I would like to have a med dark gun metal gray color. Like exhaust manifolds had when they were new.

-
Back