Hagerty insurance

-
I know of nobody in the USA that's had any issue being reimbursed for any damages. Generally it's "get it fixed and give use the bill". Unfortunately in Canada "Hagerty" is just a broker covered by Elite which is then underwritten by AVIVA. I have been stonewalled by them for over 8 months to pay the 23 grand repair on my Superbird. I've managed to get 10 grand out of them so far, my lawyer will now be after them for the rest.

Define negative. I dumped them about 12 years ago, because their rates had gotten so high. They went up about 5-10% per year for several years. That was negative to me. I looked into Grundy insurance. They had exactly the same policy with the same coverages for far less that Hagerty was charging me. I think I went from about $300 per year to about $200. I have been with Grundy for about 12 years now. Rates have gone up a few dollars here and there, but they are still very reasonable. I assume you are referring to bad service on a claim. I never had a claim.

When I was shopping for insurance I couldnt find a single negative post about hagerty. There were many positive posts and it appears they pay up on claims with no headaches. I have them but havent had a claim.

I have them. Someone backed into my Dart in a parkinglot. They settled the claim promptly and fairly. That was 15 years ago, I still have them.

I JUST switched insurance companies from State Farm to a local mom and pop insurance company. I never was impressed with the customer service I got from State Farm. No returned calls when I had a question or concern. No nothing. Just took my money and ran. That kinda chit hacks me off. Not only did I change companies, I also saved almost 600 bucks a year for the same coverage, so that's a help right now. While it's not vintage car coverage, my agent advised me that since we drive both the older vehicles a good bit, it was probably a good idea to just insure them as regular vehicles and I agree. I got a Hagerty quote for Gladys and Vixen and it was good, but the new insurance is cheaper and right this minute that's what we need. I might give it another year and revisit it, but for now, we're good. We even got a really nice little care package from the new company with pens, koozies, key chains and a really nice welcome letter. None of the other companies ever did that. That's because corporate America has lost some touch I believe.

The main reason I left state farm and went to hagerty for my dart's ins is with SF if the car got hit and the repair was more than the value of the car they would total it and I would get scrap value for the car. Basically a couple thousand.

With hagerty if the car is totaled I get 15k and I get the car back.

The main reason I left state farm and went to hagerty for my dart's ins is with SF if the car got hit and the repair was more than the value of the car they would total it and I would get scrap value for the car. Basically a couple thousand.

With hagerty if the car is totaled I get 15k and I get the car back.
Yes and that's a great benefit. I almost went with Hagerty too. But right now, I need cheap. lol

Remember even insurance company’s plan for cost of living increases. I’ve got my two cars covered to the hilt. Both I pay for an insurance thru hagerty that allows me to keep the cars after payout. It’s about $500 per year. Very inexpensive but my cars sit 340-350 days a year inside a garage. They factor that in as well.

Rates also depend on environment- how crowded it is where you live, theft and other rate factors. I pay different than say RRR would from CT to south (Georgia I believe) it is even different from where I live in CT then Hartford. My town has like 1700 people. Hartford like 100 times that or more. Either way my personal insurance would not even cover m cars in the capacity I need.
Syleng1

I dumped them about 12 years ago, because their rates had gotten so high.
For me not as high as State Farm was getting.I had one claim with State Farm in 30 years.Instantly my rate went up.
Could care less that I spent $$$$$ in insurance in 30 years.:mad: Business is business I guess.
I JUST switched insurance companies from State Farm
Same here.State Farm to Hagerty. Saved me $400 per year.

I have ANPAC chrome. No claims, but agreed on value and it doesn’t have all the restrictions. As long as not daily work vehicle and stored in a locked facility. Under $300 a year. I know not what you asked but putting it out there.

I think I pay 275 for my 68 RR with a 30k policy and the same for the wife's 64 Dart Vert. Never had a claim.in the 10 years I've had it and we drive the cars often. No restrictions. I wasn't interested in antique plates and their restrictions.
And not that you asked but I have a friend with a 69 SportFury vert and his dash harness fried. Grundy did nothing for him. We got a dash harness and fixed it with amp gauge bypass and are going to do head lamp relay set up.

Ive been with them over 20 years. I'm switching to grundy, just because of the lack of real support for emergency roadside (at least where i live).

I've used it twice in the last 5 years. The first time I was a half a block from home and the cheap Towing companies they do business with suck. Took them 5 hours to come tow the car a half a block.

This last time 2 months ago, similar situation. Took 6 hours and it rained in that time. First a truck stopped by (after 4 hours) and wanted to just lift the front of the car, which my car requires a flatbed. Called back and the Hagerty agent acted like I was inconveniencing her. Added 2 hours to the estimate. And the second guy came. He said Hagerty doesn't pay well and many other tow companies in town refuse to deal with them. After my experience, i will switch as soon as the paid policy expires.

Others might have better experiences with their roadside, but twice is enough to make the change for me.

Took them 5 hours to come tow the car a half a block.
Yeah, I lost a rear axle bearing on my 63 and could have called AAA and wait 4-6 hours or call my local tow company that took 1 hour round trip (aprox 46 miles) and cost me $200. Insurance, what a racket..

Been with them over 20 years
First claim day one of the policy. $3,800.00 in damage had a check in two days.
Second claim 3 years later $1, 700.00 same thing check in two days.
Didn't change my rates, except typical increases.

I JUST switched insurance companies from State Farm to a local mom and pop insurance company. I never was impressed with the customer service I got from State Farm. No returned calls when I had a question or concern. No nothing. Just took my money and ran. That kinda chit hacks me off. Not only did I change companies, I also saved almost 600 bucks a year for the same coverage, so that's a help right now. While it's not vintage car coverage, my agent advised me that since we drive both the older vehicles a good bit, it was probably a good idea to just insure them as regular vehicles and I agree. I got a Hagerty quote for Gladys and Vixen and it was good, but the new insurance is cheaper and right this minute that's what we need. I might give it another year and revisit it, but for now, we're good. We even got a really nice little care package from the new company with pens, koozies, key chains and a really nice welcome letter. None of the other companies ever did that. That's because corporate America has lost some touch I believe.
I'm glad to hear you did this. I hate State Farm with a passion and advise all of my customers to leave them as soon as possible. I have three vehicles in the shop right now that they flat out have refused to pay certain portions of our repairs. They basically tell their insured that if they feel the cost for a collision repair is higher than at one of their cut rate preferred shops that the insured will be responsible for the rest of the payment. This is steering 101 and illegal but they don't give a single crap who they hurt as long as it's not them.

I've been with them for probably 18 years now. I've made 1 claim and had zero issues getting the car fixed. I promote them to all of my car friends.

I have been with Haggerty for 10 years now. No claims and no issues. Price is reasonable compared to other companies for collector car insurance. Also enjoy reading their “Driver’s club magazine” that comes out every few months.

Ive been with them over 20 years. I'm switching to grundy, just because of the lack of real support for emergency roadside (at least where i live).

I've used it twice in the last 5 years. The first time I was a half a block from home and the cheap Towing companies they do business with suck. Took them 5 hours to come tow the car a half a block.

This last time 2 months ago, similar situation. Took 6 hours and it rained in that time. First a truck stopped by (after 4 hours) and wanted to just lift the front of the car, which my car requires a flatbed. Called back and the Hagerty agent acted like I was inconveniencing her. Added 2 hours to the estimate. And the second guy came. He said Hagerty doesn't pay well and many other tow companies in town refuse to deal with them. After my experience, i will switch as soon as the paid policy expires.

Others might have better experiences with their roadside, but twice is enough to make the change for me.
Tow a car 1/2 a block? Tow truck driver probably laughed at you. Did you mean 1/2 a mile?

I have been with Haggerty for 10 years now. No claims and no issues. Price is reasonable compared to other companies for collector car insurance. Also enjoy reading their “Driver’s club magazine” that comes out every few months.
One FYI you will need to check with your carrier if you tow anything. They are the only company that will insure your vehicle and whatever you are towing. I had J. C. Taylor years ago. Called them to add a car that I would be using to tow my vintage Chrysler boat. Agent said do you have a hitch on your car? I said yes and she said we will be cancelling your insurance. If any of your collector cars we insure have a hitch your policy is cancelled.
That's when I went shopping. Found Hagerty was the only one to cover my cars. I actually talked to the claims deportment at Hagerty and other providers. I gave them all a hypo and Hagerty was the only one that would covered the claim.
So if you tow check with your carrier.
I did have 2 brake down calls and was taken care of promptly locally.
And the magazine is AWESOME.

Tow a car 1/2 a block? Tow truck driver probably laughed at you. Did you mean 1/2 a mile?
There was no laughing. Hagerty sent him East instead of west to where I was. The car wouldnt move. That half a block is over 1/4 mile. Blocks here can be 1/4 or 1/2 mile.

-
Back