Halloween Decorations Am I Going Over Board?

-

PST

Marketing Manager
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Below is a picture of my current lawn for Halloween. The only thing is before I put it up this year my neighbors all stop by and ask "So James what are you going to do this year to top last year". I have thought about attaching my wooden boat to it and putting a skeleton in a bikini but its a lot of work. But Love to see the kids faces in the neighborhood am I nuts doing all this work ? Luckly no one in town has complained about a parts sitting on my lawn for the month of October yet.

Post any of your Halloween Decorations I am always looking for ideas

Thanks
James

Halloween.jpg

lol in my town one guy works for an inflatable decoration company and gets several new ones each year. its a tradition for everyone to go to the house on kingsford drive to them. he has atleast 100 of them out every year. their covering his roof, his yard, his driveway, he has so many they go in the neighbors yards now lol

That looks awesome!
No way is it overboard. (Sez the guy getting married on Halloween in a graveyard setting).

My tattoo guy has been known to spend 4 days decorating for Halloween, has several coffins he got from a friend that used to work at a Morgue that he normally puts out....Last I was in his house he has a coffin as a coffee table.

There is no overboard when it comes to Halloween!! Christmas yes, those people are nuts, but Halloween is made for excess. I did my whole garage one year as a giant diorama, I had a safe dropped on a guys head, a toilet with an arm coming out of it, REDRUM all over the walls, a fridge with all sorts of gross stuff in it (eyeballs in an egg carton, fer instance), even an evil scientist workbench with dry ice for smoke that I had to drive over an hour to get!!! The following year, a neighbor came to my house a few days before Halloween and asked if I was getting more dry ice and could she buy some from me.

Take an old shirt, pair of pants, boots, gloves, sew/staple em all together and stuff with whatever to fill it out, broom or hockey stick for a spine, hang it headless from the tree with a noose wrapped around where the neck would be - people loved that one. Put an axe or scythe in it's hands for effect.

Man I wish I could find my old pictures.

Not overboard at all. Just right, spooky without going too far. I like the lighting.

looks good to me.... I love Halloween.... boy I sure miss J.R. 's halloween decorations threads.... lol ...

Good job !

-RPM

that old car adds just the right creepy touch ! reminds me of one of them old freddy kruger flicks !

Great job! The boat with 'sexy' skeleton would be outstanding - how about the sexy skeleton going topless holding the bikini top in 'her' outstretched hand?
We have a house here in town that really goes all out for Halloween (sorry, no pics). The owner does makeup and special effects for some of the Hollywood studios so he's got some great stuff out on his lawn every year.

Great job! The boat with 'sexy' skeleton would be outstanding - how about the sexy skeleton going topless holding the bikini top in 'her' outstretched hand?
We have a house here in town that really goes all out for Halloween (sorry, no pics). The owner does makeup and special effects for some of the Hollywood studios so he's got some great stuff out on his lawn every year.

Thats a great and really funny idea with the bikini top. But I don't how it will go over with the neighbors lol . Right now I have a fog machine in it and 50's music playing from inside like in the movie christine. I will try to be creative this week and will see what happens lol.

I was also thinking about taking tubing to the extreme and building a casket with a skeleton in it sitting up being towed like a tuber across the lawn.

Thanks
James

I was also thinking about taking tubing to the extreme and building a casket with a skeleton in it sitting up being towed like a tuber across the lawn.

Thanks
James
Hope you do this......would like to see it....

Love your yard ,here Cindy lovessss to do the Halloween thing even the cat,dam even inside,I live in horror villa for a mouth.:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Attachments

• addie 726.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 221
  • halloween2010 158.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 219
  • S1230003.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC01172.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 215
This is the best time of year,weather changing,colors changing,to me its a fresh time from the hot summer and then theres halloween.Ranks right up there with christmas as a commercial holiday but christmas is by far the best actaull holiday.But anyways I have two trampolines so I'm thinking about building a vortex,setting it up at my brothers annaul halloween party and seeing how many ppl I can make trow up lol.

Ok so here is what I added over the weekend. Thoughts or Comments Please..........
halloweenboatcar.jpg

halloweenboat.jpg

-
Back