Hand ported Indy T/A head pics

-

Brian Hafliger

Reaction score
Just finished a customers Indy TA heads, which are the old Indybrocks...2.08 x 1.60 5/16 stems, BB rockers and offset pushrods...excellent flow curve topping out at 320 cfm@ .700 .750 and .800 lift! I'll post all the #'s tomorrow as I forgot the sheet at work.

We will have his 410 on the dyno in a couple of weeks so should be fun!

Attachments

• ta1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 623
  • ta2.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 608
  • ta3.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 611
More pics:

Attachments

• ta4.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 624
  • ta5.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 619
  • ta6.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 625
  • ta7.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 618
I wouldn't want to put those on an engine! They are too pretty.

There is a little bit of metal left. Right there. You can see it if you look hard.

Awesome looking setup. Have you CC'd them yet?

I don't think I'll ever own an engine that will have that much port CFM. I don't do track time often enough and I value my driver's license.

No need to cc them...area is 2.5" at the pinch, 3" at the short turn and bowl is 2.050 with a 90.5% throat. Keeping the air attached at those high lifts was the goal because the port is still really fast!
But I was able to control the air pretty well considering the speed...286cfm at .500 and 300 cfm at .550 lift. The jump in flow every .050 is what I wanted and was able to attain with this casting...

No insult intended. Just didn't know. Was trying to figure it out. Thank you for the education. Carry on with the badassery

Did you miss my laughing at the end? I'm more light hearted than that now...LOL! That was my attempt at some humor.
The reason for the hole there is to get more area, better corner radius, and use the head bolt that is sticking through...to pull air to that side of the port, or tug on the air column more.
You have to run pushrod oiling rockers (like TD) and block the oil passage top and bottom plus a tad of silicone on the head bolt flange to seal that up.

Did you miss my laughing at the end? I'm more light hearted than that now...LOL! That was my attempt at some humor.
The reason for the hole there is to get more area, better corner radius, and use the head bolt that is sticking through...to pull air to that side of the port, or tug on the air column more.
You have to run pushrod oiling rockers (like TD) and block the oil passage top and bottom plus a tad of silicone on the head bolt flange to seal that up.

I know you were being lite hearted but you can never be too careful on here. Some folks have thin skin (pussy's). Lol

.........Hey Brian, I've seen indy heads with a bronze tube pressed in , I assume to stop the air leak?.........kim.......

I know you were being lite hearted but you can never be too careful on here. Some folks have thin skin (pussy's). Lol

Say it isn't so... LOL Lots of whining and bitching around here anymore. Pamprin should be a requirement to log in for some! Rant off...

Nice work Brian.

:D
Say it isn't so... LOL Lots of whining and bitching around here anymore. Pamprin should be a requirement to log in for some! Rant off...

Nice work Brian.

What I wanted to say is that I let Crackedback aka. Rob port on them... he likes making holes! But I like Rob so I won't say that...:D

That was pretty funny younggun...and very TRUE!

.........Hey Brian, I've seen indy heads with a bronze tube pressed in , I assume to stop the air leak?.........kim.......

You only need a tube if you plan on oiling the rockers through the heads...these will have TD's so no oil in the heads...and the hole is sealed at the bottom (head bolt hole) and top with some silicone under the head bolt flange...just to make sure oil doesn't find it's way down the hatch.

details on the rest of the build??? we all about the details!

What's the exhaust port look like?

What are the tube dimensions? Inner, outter & length.

-
Back