Happenstance Has Settled In....

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Happenstance (Happy) has to be one of the easiest rescues we've ever done. He just showed up, although sick and has been the sweetest cat. He's very non confrontational with the others so he's just made himself right at home and since he's not a troublemaker, the rest of the brood has already accepted him. We took him to his first vet trip, got his combo test for FIV and feline leukemia done.....both negative, YAY! Got his rabies shot, got him an antibiotic shot for his bad cold and they sent home some to give him in a eyedropper. Once that's gone, we take him back to get him fixed. He's just an awesome cat. Here he is done claimed himself a pillow on the bed. lol We still caint believe somebody just threw him out.
DSCF1718.JPG

I didn't realize it when I took that picture, but there are SIX cats in that picture. LMAO

That's a passel of cats for sure! And I think there are more too?

Anyway, good on you for giving the deserving guy a new home.

You are a good man. Thanks for doing what you do. 2 dogs and 2 cats here. And all were rescued. Wish I could do more.

That's a passel of cats for sure! And I think there are more too?

Anyway, good on you for giving the deserving guy a new home.
Yeah we have nine now. lol

Look how beautiful and shiny his coat is now. When he first came up, he was kinda scraggly lookin. He ate for three days like he was starvin to death. He's gonna be a goodun.

Both our dogs were starving. The hound dog wouldn’t have lived another day or two he was so bad. They are both sleeping now with full bowls of food. Didn’t know if we could get to that point with them but we did.

Aw Rob my friend that there is some good work you two!!

Yeah we have nine now. lol
You could hold a guard mount with all that pussy. Mice beware! All I need is one: my dog keeps waking me up to go take a leak and wife doesnt want the back door cracked because of the neighbors fruit tree rats.

Holler NO when we see um do it. Other than that, we live with um.
yeah I do and she stops she knows . but its when we aren't there. The wife tries to act like she doesn't see the damage. Ill be looking at the scratched up door trim and shes like "where?" that makes it even worse...:) All I want is a nice house Im always going behind fixing stuff its never ending.

That's how many we have now too, 6 in house. 4 outside and more too come, the neighbor has a load of 5 kittens
I love the white mitten black cats

Here's the crowd right now. Starting with Happenstance in the middle and going clockwise, Happenstance, Billy, Medley, Scamp, Pixel up on the pillow, my white one, Baby Pink Nose and Tiger.
DSCF1719.JPG

and yall stfu makin fun of my doodoo pillow. lol

Good on you and Kitty.
I am very allergic to cats, but have had dogs all my life, every one of them has been a rescue/unwanted, and all of them have been great companions, wouldn't have it any other way.

Good on you and Kitty.
I am very allergic to cats, but have had dogs all my life, every one of them has been a rescue/unwanted, and all of them have been great companions, wouldn't have it any other way.
We have two with special needs now. Scruff, who has the terrible skin allergy and Tiger. She's a really sad story. She just popped up like Happenstance about three years ago. She had obviously been beaten around the head and her face. One of her eyes was swollen to the size of a golf ball. It had to be removed. Her other eye had a brownish red discoloration to the cornea. The doctor said that whatever blunt force trauma she incurred cause that eye to hemorrhage and that it would slowly get worse over time and it has. He said it might stop at some point, but generally, they would lose vision completely. So far, she can still see. We think her hearing was affected too, because when Kitty gives the treats out, she hollers "TREATS" really loud and them all come runnin.......but Tiger. I have to go and find her and bring her in. It's not like she's not interested, because she's all over her some treats. Like Happenstance, she's just the sweetest cat ever and she's a big daddy's girl. She sleeps on one side of me and Baby Pink Nose on the other. We're keeping our fingers crossed that Tiger doesn't go blind, but if she does, we'll be right here for her.

and yall stfu makin fun of my doodoo pillow. lol
Rob, I must say I like cat lovers, especially men. Seems like there are many men who hate cats and I s'pose it's because they can't control them. Ya don't need to control 'em. They are usually quite docile and friendly and a little patience lets them learn some of the rules. As you know, no one can prevent cats from clawing whatever is appealing to them. We just live with it and provide some attractive scratching spots and they use those--sometimes.

Over the years we have usually had 4 kitties in the house and they are house only. We go outside with them occasionally but we monitor them.

I'm 76 now and wife is following along. We want to travel a bit but it's hard to leave them alone, even though we have a real live Vet Tech checking them daily. We're down to two kitties now, one is 13 and one is 16. We've loved so many over the years and still miss all of them. When these last two pass on we'll feel more comfortable when away from home. I'm not so sure we'll be able to live without kitties. So far we've stayed away from adoption centers. I tend to leave the centers in tears for all the kitties needing homes. We've adopted many from there.

Sorry, we're animal lovers and I get longwinded about them.

Thank you so much for your kind heart toward our little house predators.

Jerry in Denver

Rob has caught up with us cat wise.. 9!! LOL
Yep no one controls a cat!
We have 3 that a come and go into the house. Several cats "take care" of the boar goats. They give them an ear bath like one does for its favorite little dog!
One is the shop cat. 2 are the barn cats. Another hangs with its bud the goat guardian dog, an over sized Ridgeback/Great Pyreanize cross. OK so I can't spell Pyreanesze!!:rofl:

We have two with special needs now. Scruff, who has the terrible skin allergy and Tiger. She's a really sad story. She just popped up like Happenstance about three years ago. She had obviously been beaten around the head and her face. One of her eyes was swollen to the size of a golf ball. It had to be removed. Her other eye had a brownish red discoloration to the cornea. The doctor said that whatever blunt force trauma she incurred cause that eye to hemorrhage and that it would slowly get worse over time and it has. He said it might stop at some point, but generally, they would lose vision completely. So far, she can still see. We think her hearing was affected too, because when Kitty gives the treats out, she hollers "TREATS" really loud and them all come runnin.......but Tiger. I have to go and find her and bring her in. It's not like she's not interested, because she's all over her some treats. Like Happenstance, she's just the sweetest cat ever and she's a big daddy's girl. She sleeps on one side of me and Baby Pink Nose on the other. We're keeping our fingers crossed that Tiger doesn't go blind, but if she does, we'll be right here for her.
I really have no patience for anyone who abuses a helpless animal like a kitten or a puppy. I would like to subject them to the same treatment, gets me pissed just thinking about it.

I really have no patience for anyone who abuses a helpless animal like a kitten or a puppy. I would like to subject them to the same treatment, gets me pissed just thinking about it.
I'm the same way.

-
Back