Happy 4/20!

-
Hahaha, I'm kind of grounded right now and I asked my mom if I could hang out with my friends yesterday; to which she replied, "No, it's 4-20 today, come home and work on your car".

Shows you how out-of-touch I am... my street address is 420 - and I didn't even know there was anything unusual about it.

I'm 51 years old and never touched the stuff - never had a need for it. Don't drink alcohol, either - did try it and couldn't stand the taste.

I am not going to jump into the debate on the moral (or immoral) issues re: usage but instead share a little history. I have read here and have heard in the past all of the theories of how 4-20 began (from political legislation to police codes to something to do with Hitler's birthday) but I have always heard that it was a local CA high school that started it all. With that in mind, I submit the following: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4-20

BTW: Thank God it is 4-21! ;)

Wow I just now read this whole thread and there are valid points coming from all directions. It looks to me alot of the problems stem from the fact that governments made the stuff illegal. The organized crime and violence, the counterculture aspect, the stigma that keeps people from having open discussions. It was outlawed because some people wanted to impose their puritanical 'morals' on everybody else and look at the result. People gave up some of their freedom by allowing a non-thinking group to decide what was right. These people's view came from religion which used fear to make people feel guilty about doing anything pleasurable. To control them and keep the money flowing into the collection plates.

Personally I don't care for recreational drugs, they're just boring to me.

I respect anyone's religious beliefs and their freedom, as long as they don't want to take away other people's freedoms. But people have to pay attention and THINK and VOTE.

This is a great debate you guys. Thank God we can practice free speech. We are all entitled to our opinions.

Is this our own version of that show 'The View?' Please don't call me 'Whoopie.' That skinny, mouthy white girl gets on my nerves.

Barbara is cool though.

Wow :shock: Like 74 sport I have never herd about this 4/20 thing.
It took me awhile but I took the time to read this whole thread.
And thank you for the updating me on this GTX perence.:thumblef:
No I don't partake in cannabis, Joint, Number, hog leg, weed, ext.
I enjoy a cold one or a shot of Tequila and know a rum and diet coke.
To much of anything is bad for you "except posting here at FABO''
And when I did partake it never got in my way to be polite, honest ,good fathering and husband back in the day. I was in high demand for my work ethics and creativity to get the job dun when I was a younger man.
Don't tread on me, do not trespass or judge your fellow man unless he trespasses you. Then just put a fence up and keep the stone thrower's out.
I am over 50 and seen many good fathers and mothers happy and respectful
pay there taxes and contribute to the needs of people around them, keep there home's clean and go to church with there children that partake in it.
On the other hand, I have seen more drinkers loose there life and tern into slobs and don't take care of there responsibilities to there family and jump in a car and take other peoples life on the road.
As you and your children are born you have THC in your DNA.
I worked for DR's for 13 years, and half of witch partaken in this herb there self and drank.
So live and let live and be happy with your own decisions and don't stop being happy with them. :bball:

Is this our own version of that show 'The View?' Please don't call me 'Whoopie.' That skinny, mouthy white girl gets on my nerves.

Barbara is cool though.

I was righting my response to 4/20 thing and seen yours when I got dun.
Well said goldfish65. And yes the little blond needs to settle down and take a pill or smoke a 4/20 thingee!!!!! Thank you for your thoughts :thumblef:

I,m all for weed,when it,s for medicinal purposes...cancer,glucoma.The list goes on of the benifits of smoking the stuff(if your ill)And also God forbid anybody ever gets seriously ill,accident,old age.This then will be the time you WILL NOT refuse drugs!If your gonna use,it,s your choice!

To each his own, I have friends that smoke, I have friends that don't smoke, I respect them both equally.

I,m all for weed,when it,s for medicinal purposes...cancer,glucoma.The list goes on of the benifits of smoking the stuff(if your ill)And also God forbid anybody ever gets seriously ill,accident,old age.This then will be the time you WILL NOT refuse drugs!If your gonna use,it,s your choice!

Exactly, Thank you pettybludart,

To each his own, I have friends that smoke, I have friends that don't smoke, I respect them both equally.

You have many friends I bet, And for good reason ckj688 :thumblef:

Making the public assumption that EVERYONE who smokes pot is lazy, shiftless, loser, stoner, or any other stereotype is like saying anyone whom drinks a beer is a fat, lazy, loudmouth A-hole looking for a fight before he goes home and beats his wife while running over the neighbors kid. Cut it out. What started as a good natured nod to like minded people has turned into a political debate. Don't like the topic? Don't respond. That's what I do when everyone is glorifying bacon....

I think people should be up in arms over tobacco or alcohol. THAT **** will ruin you....

Now wait just a second here, what are you getting at with that bacon comment :D

I don't know what all the fuss is about it and I really don't understand the medicinal benefit. Tried it while I was going through chemotherapy, made me feel worse :sad3:

I am not going to jump into the debate on the moral (or immoral) issues re: usage but instead share a little history. I have read here and have heard in the past all of the theories of how 4-20 began (from political legislation to police codes to something to do with Hitler's birthday) but I have always heard that it was a local CA high school that started it all. With that in mind, I submit the following: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4-20

BTW: Thank God it is 4-21! ;)

Thank you for educating me on this. It's interesting. 420 came from a "grass-"roots effort of high school kids.

Since we celebrated 4/20 do we all drive our Mopars on 4/26 Hemi day. BTW 426 is my Dusters re-birthday.

Rob,sorry it didn,t work for you?It,s supposed to increase appetite for people with a various of illness,s.(not muncy,s guy,s)also for pain?I,m sure it relaxes you!LOL!

the history channel has a real good show on pot. very interesting. the only thing that i would add is that the WAR on drugs is costing this country 750,000,000 + every year. and that price is never going to decrease. the cost of keeping a prisoner is over 30.000 a year.multiply that times the number of prisoners that are incarcerated(for pot) with murderers, and all them other really bad guys. look, if you take the chance of getting caught out of it, it may loose it's thrill. as far as 420 goes, blast one for me. i just think that all the money could be spent better. like buying down the national debt. get my grandkids off the hook please. less govt. please. and if i do sit down and toke up, what business is it of your's? i take great pride in my ability to just blow off the dumb s*%#. i mind my own business, and would expect the same from anyone else. the biggest thing i see is that alot of people have such a pittiful existence that, the only way that they can feel fulfilled in thier lives, is to tell someone else how to run thier life, and what they should be doing, like they know better how to run your life than you do. sad. hank said "mind your own business and you wont be minding mine". 420 on dudes. and one more thing, dont ever judge a book by it's cover. and blanket statements don't do a thing. you can not just lump pot heads into a group like this. all people are different. if there wasn't dopers around who would we pick on at social gatherings. Spicolli was ok, he was just stoned. "you hear that? it's my head, i'm so stoned".

Ok, I am a 'bonehead' or something of the like. I knew I was old and somewhat out of touch with the younger crowd now but quiz me this, how in the hell do you get 420 from pot?? I dont get it myself. Is this some kind of MySpace type of code? I am not being a jerk here, just trying to keep up with the times. I am not worried about my grandkids as much as I am worried about my teenage daughter. Man, if I hear 420 out of her she's up the creek without the paddle LOL.
Chas.

Ok, I am a 'bonehead' or something of the like. I knew I was old and somewhat out of touch with the younger crowd now but quiz me this, how in the hell do you get 420 from pot?? I dont get it myself. Is this some kind of MySpace type of code? I am not being a jerk here, just trying to keep up with the times. I am not worried about my grandkids as much as I am worried about my teenage daughter. Man, if I hear 420 out of her she's up the creek without the paddle LOL.
Chas.

I forget who posted the link a few posts back but it started in a high school in California where detention would get out at 4:20 and a certain group of friends would meet at a statue at that time every day to blaze. Like has also been mentioned it also coincides with Hitler's birthday, some legislation, and a whole bunch of other pretty random events. Yesterday the attendance at CU Boulder was around 15,000 and a few of my friends were a part of it. I didn't go though because I was too busy working on my Duster!

cheech_chong.jpg

no words needed

cheech_chong.jpg

I think it's funny too how some people will look at alcohol as "OK" because it's legal even though it ruins FAR more lives, kills FAR more people, and is FAR more dangerous than cannabis.

I find that amusing as well, not to mention the same results with Tobacco...

I knew if I kept on reading that would be said. So true. I could never understand someone with a cocktail in their hand ragging on somebody with a spliff in theirs.
Some people at 50 years old still have the occasional puff of electric lettuce.It might be recreational, it might be for chronic pain, stress, or they just need to relax and get a good nights sleep or maybe they just feel like staring at their car for an hour. Their life, their reasons, their choice. Here in the Kootenays they don't shoot people over pot, they share it.

-
Back