Happy 4th of July!

-
57677181-7E32-440C-AD39-1A437234F80D.gif
Happy 4th. to you all!
57677181-7E32-440C-AD39-1A437234F80D.gif

USFS Engine 340. My daily driver.
FAE630C4-2E61-4023-98A6-2C14A8A8FA6D.jpeg

Last edited:
We don't go anywhere for fireworks anymore. Several years ago I went out a few days after the 4th and found a charred area on the wood deck of my car trailer. Too many amateurs with airborne (illegal for a reason) fireworks around here.

On the other hand, really enjoyed the show on TV from San Diego. Music that celebrated America and great fireworks. Great crowd, as well.

I have seen far too many shows on TV with generic pop music (that is generally not to my liking, too). Usually from back east.

Happy Independence day.

Firecracker stories: We were camping in San Felipe, BC, Mex and there was a sand hill that was just full of Black Cat firecrackers. It must be a place that they use to blow them off for whatever reason because there were hundreds to be found buried or misfires the 2 days we were there. So we put them all in a paper bag and somehow it gets thrown in the fire with the rest of the burnable garbage. Those 300+ firecrackers started going off and ember were flying everywhere! Everyone round the fire scatters and the popping lasted for about 5 minutes. Years later my friend goes down to Tijuana and buys an M-1000 (whatever that equates to). This thing was as big as a red bull can and weighed about a pound. He sets it on a park bench while we hid around the side of a carport. He lights it and runs past us at full speed so we follow him. 5 seconds later it goes off and its F'n loud! Some guy takes off after us from a doorway and we ran from that guy for a good 2-3 minutes. We wet back the next day and the wooden park bench was blown in half. I held my dog the whole night at my in-laws house. 9PM there was like Baghdad @ 0300 on 1/17/91. You would never think aerial fireworks were illegal there.

-
Back