Happy 58th Birthday Dart Charger 273.
You will shine again!

Middle photo is hopefull future.
Last photo is as purchased last April.
Starting soon.

DSC03331.JPG

s-l400 (5).jpg

20220413_095818.jpg

Not sure when production actually started, but I was having the 58 year conversation with a friend while working on my car a couple of days ago. Many of the parts I’ve pulled off this week are original (I’m pretty sure). I found an original, unmolested circle of paint under my heater motor mount on the firewall. It’s perfect, and I’m pretty sure it was the first time that area has seen daylight since 1965.

Not sure when production actually started, but I was having the 58 year conversation with a friend while working on my car a couple of days ago. Many of the parts I’ve pulled off this week are original (I’m pretty sure). I found an original, unmolested circle of paint under my heater motor mount on the firewall. It’s perfect, and I’m pretty sure it was the first time that area has seen daylight since 1965.
If you want to know when production date happened, it is part of serial number.
You can also send the info to Chrysler Historical for a photocopy of the IBM punch card and it has lots of info.

Sorry, I didn’t make myself clear. I meant that I’m not sure exactly when Dart Charger production actually started, but I’m sure Ulf knows. As I recall my car was built in April of 1965. Can’t remember when my convertible was built, but it was a late year build too. Thanks for the info about the Chrysler Historical society. I wasn’t aware of that. I have decoded both my data plates using the information online. Wish I still had the data tag for my original 1965 Dart GoGo (the one pictured in my Avatar.) because I’d love to know what happened to it. When you’re 17, you just don’t think about those things, and it was only a year old when I bought it. It’s interesting to me that there isn’t more interest in Dart GoGo’s since they are probably at least as rare as the Dart Chargers, if not more so. The lack of the distinctive badges (as well as the name) probably has a lot to do with it. When my Dart was new there was a lot more interest in things with GoGo in the name…

Sorry, I didn’t make myself clear. I meant that I’m not sure exactly when Dart Charger production actually started, but I’m sure Ulf knows. As I recall my car was built in April of 1965. Can’t remember when my convertible was built, but it was a late year build too. Thanks for the info about the Chrysler Historical society. I wasn’t aware of that. I have decoded both my data plates using the information online. Wish I still had the data tag for my original 1965 Dart GoGo (the one pictured in my Avatar.) because I’d love to know what happened to it. When you’re 17, you just don’t think about those things, and it was only a year old when I bought it. It’s interesting to me that there isn’t more interest in Dart GoGo’s since they are probably at least as rare as the Dart Chargers, if not more so. The lack of the distinctive badges (as well as the name) probably has a lot to do with it. When my Dart was new there was a lot more interest in things with GoGo in the name…
At the moment the first assembled Dart Charger 273 in my register is early September. I'm working with s guy whp has a car assembled late August but so far no proof.

My Thanks to you, Ulf for all the help and all the information on the Dart Charger 273 History.
You have been very insightful on the story of how this model came to be.
Thank you.

-
Back