Happy Canada Day!

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
i just wanted to wish all the Canadians out there on this site a Happy Canada Day! maybe just post where you're from, and what you did today?

i'm from Parksville, BC on Vancouver Island. each year my town does a parade down the main drag, got to see all kinds of floats and community organizations march down the streets, one float even had a live band playing on the back of a flatbed truck, with a bunch of girls dancing all around the truck. may not sound like much, but parksville is quite small so it was pretty cool :cheers:

hope to hear more stories

Canada Day!!! I did not know there was a Canada Day. or I just fogot.;)
If I was not on the wagon 8)
I would have a cold one for every great Canadian here.
I need to put this on my day to have my day for yall next year.:rock:

Is this like our fourth of July we have here in America??

Ok lets hear what yall did today eh!!=D>

Although not Canadian, I celebrated it the best way I knew how. I went out and bought and listened to a 2-CD collection on the "History of Ice Hockey" while having a beer and frying up some back bacon.

CD #1 starts off with the Canadian National Anthem and goes onto to say, "Ice hockey ... a brutal yet beautiful game. A sport of cold pucks and wooden sticks. An indoor spectacle of twelve courageous athletes and chanting fans bang for blood-stained victory. Ice hockey is Canada's game. There is no country in the world that disputes that. The game began here. The game was developed here. And on a professional level the game has developed into a worldwide sport."

Man, I love hockey! Thank you Canada!

IMG_3739.jpg

Just came back from the cabin after a couple nights up there. Really close to where you are DartMike, cabin is in Errington about 15 minutes to Parksville

July 1st 1867 was Canada's Confederation for those of us to the south who are curious. -We didn't have a war just asked the British nicely-

I unfortunatly worked today but I did have friday and monday off instead. Went to a car cruise on friday and had a bunch of people over for a BBQ on Sunday and drank my share of beer

Happy Canada Day from world famous "Mt Nemo" Ontario.

I FINALLY took the Swinger out for the first time...things are good. My wife bought a new flag, and pole, so tonight I'm working on that, and working on a nice jug of Canadian club! Chears to all Canadians on here, and to our great neighbors below the border(no, not you Georgie B)

Never heard of Cadillac Joe, there's a Mopar Joe out my way but I haven't met him yet either. We only know a handful of people out that way, we live in Victoria and come up every week or two.

Mopar Joe is the same as Cadillac Joe, a good friend of mine. if youre interested in any big block parts, or anything relating the late 50's early 60's, and late 70's for mopar including desoto, go see him.

Mopar Joe is the same as Cadillac Joe, a good friend of mine. if youre interested in any big block parts, or anything relating the late 50's early 60's, and late 70's for mopar including desoto, go see him.

That's good to know, I know where he lives, not too far from my place, some friends of mine have dropped in to see him, they have a 38 Plymouth, 40 Dodge and a 57 Saratoga amongst other things. I will have to drop in some time to see if he has a Duster bumper, he wouldn't have any 63-65 Rivieras would he? I have a 64 and need a couple little things.

You must live near Ford Ave, roughly? I don't know a lot of road names but I bought a sheet metal break/roller tool from John on Ford Ave (or st.?) He builds customs, you must know him too

Happy Canada Day to our neighbors to the north.
Don't drink too many beers. Ya know that sounds pretty good.
Think I'll have a cold one or two.:drinkers::drinkers:

That's good to know, I know where he lives, not too far from my place, some friends of mine have dropped in to see him, they have a 38 Plymouth, 40 Dodge and a 57 Saratoga amongst other things. I will have to drop in some time to see if he has a Duster bumper, he wouldn't have any 63-65 Rivieras would he? I have a 64 and need a couple little things.

You must live near Ford Ave, roughly? I don't know a lot of road names but I bought a sheet metal break/roller tool from John on Ford Ave (or st.?) He builds customs, you must know him too

well, he's got one duster there, its a 74. as for the riviera, ive never really been looking for parts for one, so i cant remember, he does have a few buicks there though, next time i go i'll look for you.

as for the guy on Ford, yes i do live near that street, i'm not sure i know the guy? i might know him if i saw him, without knowing he lives on Ford though.

Well,the flags not up, the bottles only half empty, but the Darts been all waxed up, and readied for the cruises. I'm bombed, Happy Canada day, and good night.

well, he's got one duster there, its a 74. as for the riviera, ive never really been looking for parts for one, so i cant remember, he does have a few buicks there though, next time i go i'll look for you.

as for the guy on Ford, yes i do live near that street, i'm not sure i know the guy? i might know him if i saw him, without knowing he lives on Ford though.

My Duster is a 70 so the bumper would be different but if you happen to see a big old Buick of that era, I need a dash knob of all things.

The guy, John builds 49 - 52 Mercs and Fords by the looks of it, he used to have one at the shows there, early 50's Ford that I recognized from a picture on the wall in his shop. I think it had Lamborghini type doors that came straight up, candy red with yellow flames I think.

Yeah Me And Gord And Another Guy Named Dave Parked Next To Each Other At The Canada Day Car Show In Trenton. Were Also Going To Moparfest With Gord And His Wife.

-
Back