Harbor Freight, phone# please?

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
I don't like announcing my phone number in front of strangers in line at a store. This policy of asking your phone number to everybody that comes up to the register is insanity who else does this?
Edit: and of course I know why they say they need it.

Last edited:
Auto parts stores. Every time a part has a warranty they use it to get you in the system.
Once entered they say you name, you acknowledge. I agree, I`d just rather give them my name. I guess they would find it easier typing in numbers, you know how good people spell these days.

I don't like announcing my phone number in front of strangers in line at a store. This policy of asking your phone number to everybody that comes up to the register is insanity who else does this?
Edit: and of course I know why they say they need it.

Last time I went there they asked for my email address and I asked why they needed it.
They said "so we can email you our latest specials" and I told them no.
Then when I checked out the woman stuffed a handful of flyers in my bag, so I took them back out and tossed them on the counter.
I told her I didn't need more stuff to throw away any more than I needed more junk mail to delete.
She acted a bit offended, but whatever.
I am a customer now, not a sales opportunity later.

Ever buy at Radio Shack? They wanted your birth certificate!!!

I tell the cashier at the grocery store my phone # all the time to get the special prices...

I always give them my wife’s number.....

I told a clerk that my phone number was 5. When I got the tipped head (like a dog), I explained that my Grandparents had lived down the street from Alexander Graham Bell and they got one of the first phone numbers. We had kept it in the family since then.... The head tipped the other way, so I knew they didn't know who Bell was, but the folks behind me knew.

Give them the number for the Bunny Ranch.....

Last edited:
Just use my line. I don't have one. Never been asked after that. LOL

It's funny when I pull my cell out after I'm done and walk away.

Riddler

I don't even like giving my name.

I'm not your friend. I don't want to be cozy and on a first name basis.

Just let me be "customer 514".

Sometimes I make up ridiculous names, or long names.

My wife started giving them back their own name.

You can tell that makes them uncomfortable.

mcdonalds started that chit, and have since gone back to "customer 514".

Wonder why?

-
Back