hard starting

-
I'm not fussy; any brand is better than nothing. I used whatever the parts department was supplying.
On my own stuff, I buy whatever I can get a good price on. Currently I think I have a product in my little shop called Sta-Bil, go-figure.....

OK, thanks!

We run E85 in the race cars....The carb has been sitting on the bench for several months...I put it on the engine two days ago...the squirters were still shooting E85 out of them...Someone posted on another that the Ethanol evaporated faster then the gas....so I had a 5 gallon jug that had an open vent....tested it after it sat for 4 months...still 85% ethanol...

Take an Carter/Eddy carb apart and look at the accelerator pump well...once the fuel gets to a low level in the bowl...the well does not get any fuel...Holley's accelerator pumps are on the bottom of the bowl........my 73 Duster with a 750 holley dp has sat for months...need a new ignition switch..replaced it today...with the local gas which has 10% ethanol...squirter sitll had fuel...

So if you are going to run a Eddy...get a low pressure electric fuel pump...problem solved.

-
Back