Hard time choosing a color ,need some pics for inspiration

-
Somewhat fond of this color just to be different than most

63 Dart.jpg

Thanks Mo, it was a "project" that dad bought in 2012 that we worked on. Credit goes to the previous owner. Dad passed in 2014 and I bought it from his estate.
I dont wanna go F8 green on my 69 ragtop, but its a very low #'s "S" so original colors it is lol
Love Pams blue too!

Somewhat fond of this color just to be different than most

View attachment 1714958105

I was looking at some colors like that. The red primer is pretty much blocked off and ready for another round of high build. Man, I still have no idea what to do..I should have had the car jammed and under the hood painted but this isn't an easy choice by no means. These notchbacks are hard to pick the "right" color for

How about this color again, but on a notch. My buddy Confused cuda's pale yellow notch,
100_3453.jpg
with micro sequin flakes.....just glows in the daylight and under street lights.

How about this color again, but on a notch. My buddy Confused cuda's pale yellow notch, View attachment 1714958185 with micro sequin flakes.....just glows in the daylight and under street lights.
That looks really good.. the softer colors I find look better on the notchback..more aggressive colors on the fastback... I like to play with pearls colors and mettalics also.

You never see too many super stock notchbacks.. is there a reason for that? But something like that isn't out of the question either
They never made super stock notchbacks, from factory anyways. ( Hurst )

Not a Barracuda, but I don't think you can go wrong with Hemi Orange, especially if you are going to black out the hood. This is my Dart with a days-old fresh Hemi Orange paint job. Car is not done yet. Will have a black tail stripe to break up the color. But you get the idea.

I'm with some of the previous posters, why limit yourself to "correct" colors. The quality of the paint will make more of a cost difference than the color and with all the colors made since the 60's there's almost and endless supply of factory (any make) colors ,and you can check parking lots to see how lighting affects body lines. Being a Ram guy I was impressed with the 1 year only colors in 2012 and had a hard time choosing between Sagebrush and Tequila Sunrise, so I bought the truck in Sagebrush and painted the car in Tequila Sunsise

20160617_163933.jpg

20160617_164007.jpg

Went driving around today and checked out all the cars on the new car lots.. seen a nice maroon. Lots of greens.

I'm with some of the previous posters, why limit yourself to "correct" colors. The quality of the paint will make more of a cost difference than the color and with all the colors made since the 60's there's almost and endless supply of factory (any make) colors ,and you can check parking lots to see how lighting affects body lines. Being a Ram guy I was impressed with the 1 year only colors in 2012 and had a hard time choosing between Sagebrush and Tequila Sunrise, so I bought the truck in Sagebrush and painted the car in Tequila Sunsise

View attachment 1714958294

View attachment 1714958295
Sweet looking barracuda. What size rear tire/wheel combo do you have ? Looks good

I shouldnt do this but Im going to throw in a color from PPG. It is a custom blend tangerine go mango. Im going to apologize for using this car but this color brings out the orange and also changes depending on light and shadow. It magnifies the body lines and has always had people ask me about it.
Again sorry to all for the car its on! lol
PA270393.JPG

Sweet looking barracuda. What size rear tire/wheel combo do you have ? Looks good
Thanks alot, but don't want to hijack thread,325/50/15 M&H racemaster on 15x10 Billet Specialties Street Lites

i think that the quality of the body work and paint are more important.Get a flawless job done
with the right wheels,tires and stance and most any color will look great!

Keeping the car old school sorta..these are the same wheels i will be running...at least the wheels are picked...the color,not so much lol

41177d1371266715-new-ford-pattern-american-racing-torq-thrust-d-wheels-sell-galaxie-100.jpg

Well after a long excruciating week of mulling over colors finally set on one.. ppg chrysler tangerine-go.mango pearl
The same color on Rod7515's corvette that's above... Just going to add a touch more gold flake in it..thanks for all the help fellas..it's much appreciated

Last edited:
^
I had a 2006 Daytona Charger in that color. Loved it and never saw another car like it unless it was a Daytona.

Good Choice.

You can detail it to be more modern by blacking out the trim, windshield wipers, fuel cell, etc or highlighting it with matte black stripes.

Black interior, white gauges and your set.

Gonna be sweet fur shur....

100_2477.jpg

-
Back