Hard time choosing a color ,need some pics for inspiration

-
1969383S Looks like you have a decent tire squeezed under the back of your car..what size are they.

275/60/15. Wrong BS, but what I had. All the cash in body/paint! Tires will fit with 4.5 BS and factory shackles.

Block sanding away on my 69 barracuda notchback.. picking a color for a car I build is simply the down right most hardest part of a build for me.. anyways I decided to let the wife pick the color this time..lol but she was no help .lol... she likes the high impact colors. She has it narrowed down to lemon twist. Sassy grass.or hemi orange..which isn't a lot of help lol... would out guys have any pics of 69 notchbacks in these colors? Not finding ways whole lot on the net in the ways of good pics to help her choose
Plum Crazy Purple!!!

dartpaint4.jpg

dartpaint5.jpg

dartpaint6.jpg

dartpaint7.jpg

No BS. They will fit, many have done it with the right wheel. These CL wheels are mid 80's and back then we liked them high and raked front to rear. Harder on dart's but B'Cudas are doable.

Red is good. Orange is better. here's a few colors.
079.030.jpg
IMG_20160604_182635110.jpg
000_0022.jpg
18-4.jpg
1967_340_Blue_Barracuda_Notchback_rear_thumb.jpg
243490_174142049_Original.jpg
10168010_501625246609040_1827524208_n.jpg
IMG_0816.jpg
Lime Barracuda.jpg
Mopar%20Nationals%2008%20069.jpg

One of those looks familiar! Not sure if it is the same car, but it looks sweet up close! Cudaspaz's car.

image.jpeg

Ooooorrrrrrr..... Snakeskin green from 08-10 Vipers,
image.jpg

Stryker green from the new Vipers
image.jpg

or Green With Envy from the 08-10? Challengers
image.jpg

No BS. They will fit, many have done it with the right wheel. These CL wheels are mid 80's and back then we liked them high and raked front to rear. Harder on dart's but B'Cudas are doable.

I agree. In my eyes a barracuda has to have a rake.. sitting level just doesn't work for me.

It might also come down to what you want to spend. Your reds & oranges are the most expensive. What color green is yours ?

137.JPG

It might also come down to what you want to spend. Your reds & oranges are the most expensive. What color green is yours ?

View attachment 1714957111
Car is originally frost green..Price isn't an issue really for me.. I mix the paint at work and get it for cost. So it's not a big deal really.. I just can't do candy colors. I suppose I could would just have to buy the kandy concentrate and pick either a silver or gold base. But candy's are a pain to spray and really time consuming. If you get a chip or a scratch forget about blending a spot in.

Last edited:
Car is originally frost green..Price isn't an issue really for me.. I mix the paint at work and get it for cost. So it's not a big deal really.. I just can't do candy colors. I suppose I could would just have to buy the kandy concentrate and pick either a silver or gold base. But candy's are a pain to spray and really time consuming. If you get a chip or a scratch forget about blending a spot in.
Plum Crazy Purple!!!

plum crazy purple.jpg

some times it is very hard choosing a color if you are not dead set on putting it back to original colors...two tones and cut lines and such can run you ragged...

some times it is very hard choosing a color if you are not dead set on putting it back to original colors...two tones and cut lines and such can run you ragged...
Amen!! I'm still a few years away from paint on my Duster and I can't decided if I want one of the greens I posted above, 70 B5, '15 B5, another blue I've seen or silver/charcoal two-tone!!! Then of course depending on color/scheme, the interior changes and also wheels.... Sheesh!!

I knew from the very beginning I was going to change this car from Pasadena Grey to a baby blue....I also knew I was not going to stick with the original dark blue poly roof here in deep heat of the south....so I did some flipping an flopping and adding darker blue where factory never painted them as such...sometimes you just got to be different...in the end only you have to be satisfied with the outcome.....good luck....while it may sound childish in the approach, a line drawing and some nice pencil crayons go a long way in helping one decide....choosing interior fabrics and color was equally frustrating as you only have at best a 4 inch square of fabric in front of you......

2008_1214Image0005.jpg

54Int3.jpg

I knew from the very beginning I was going to change this car from Pasadena Grey to a baby blue....I also knew I was not going to stick with the original dark blue poly roof here in deep heat of the south....so I did some flipping an flopping and adding darker blue where factory never painted them as such...sometimes you just got to be different...in the end only you have to be satisfied with the outcome.....good luck....while it may sound childish in the approach, a line drawing and some nice pencil crayons go a long way in helping one decide....choosing interior fabrics and color was equally frustrating as you only have at best a 4 inch square of fabric in front of you......

View attachment 1714957145

View attachment 1714957146
This barracuda is hands down the hardest car I have had to pick a color for.

O I hear ya ! For me, I like to paint cars a color that you don't see that much. I like to be different. I really like black cars with red interiors & stripes. But the body has to be straight. Have you thought of dodges newer color COPPERHEAD ?

20160731_151634_1470149227642_resized.jpg
I like the current paint codes so you can get touch up paint if needed. Mine is Inferno Red.

Cley

O I hear ya ! For me, I like to paint cars a color that you don't see that much. I like to be different. I really like black cars with red interiors & stripes. But the body has to be straight. Have you thought of dodges newer color COPPERHEAD ?
I really like the copperhead and I also like the toxic orange color. Wish I could photo shop..because the coppery orange colors have always stuck out. ..,....... this is the stuff I usually build..took for ever to pick a color for it. I like different

IMG_20150529_202304.jpg

-
Back