hard time getting motivated

-
Moparmitch, There is a place in North Carolina that was being built in a retirement village style.For the life of me I can't remember the name BUT it was for car buffs and included a club house and a several bay shop with lifts and what not.My wife is trying to locate it on the web.At one time we really thought about it.

Found it ! Called Hawks Hill Collector Car Community. Don't know if it ever happened , that was around "06 .

It's still there. North of Lenoir, NC towards Wilkesboro. Close to the heart of NASCAR country. I saw something about a location in AZ.

http://www.hotfrog.com/Companies/Hawks-Hill

nearly 70 changed my focus to a new 13 challenger rt 6 speed which works for me.the 67 gt and 69 340 swinger dart I just move around from place to place leaving them partially exposed so I can tell old car archeologist that I may one day restore them

nearly 70 changed my focus to a new 13 challenger rt 6 speed which works for me.the 67 gt and 69 340 swinger dart I just move around from place to place leaving them partially exposed so I can tell old car archeologist that I may one day restore them

i'm seriously thinking of going modern as well.
rack and pinion steering,excellent handling,super brakes,lots of power,great mileage,air
conditioning...and trouble free!

i'm seriously thinking of going modern as well.
rack and pinion steering,excellent handling,super brakes,lots of power,great mileage,air
conditioning...and trouble free!
really that's the way it was done in 68 69 70 nice modern new factory performance car styled around in clean clothes no grease under the finger nails

I just sold my SRT challenger, 6 peed, and bought a Hell Cat, auto, Don't get the 6 speed, auto so much better! IMO. MT

I just sold my SRT challenger, 6 peed, and bought a Hell Cat, auto, Don't get the 6 speed, auto so much better! IMO. MT
maybe better in ca.but in the blue ridge mts of va.the fun factor of the 6 speed is hard to beat

maybe better in ca.but in the blue ridge mts of va.the fun factor of the 6 speed is hard to beat

That is what I thought when I got SRT, but with the cool new 6 speed auto with paddle shifters, drives the same way if you want but you don't HAVE to shift. And I have big feet, was hard to access the clutch peddle. I did love it when I first got it tho. MT:burnout:

I have lost motivation and I'm 30 LOL my car has been off the road for almost 10 years, I have dumped no lie $6,000 into the car in a few months and have given up after headers not fitting, and dealing with small patches and worse of all COLD weather and an unheated garage..

I have an original '69 Charger 440 R/T that I wonder if it will ever get done. Especially considering all the Hell this Duster is putting me through. Starters chewing up the flywheel, suspension issues, rebuilt steering box sticks. I know we all run into issues dealing with these old cars but sometimes it gets to be too much. I may just buy that new 6.4 Hemi Challenger I want and call it a day.

we all have to march to the beat of our own drum. we find our happiness where it lies for e ach of us. yes, working and these old cars can be frustrating. expenses mount up.

back a few years when used parts were easier to find, I think there were fewer people ready to fork over $$ for new or rebuilt this and that. we hunted usable used parts and made those work for us. we found decent used engines, trans, rearends, we did our own work for the most part. and it didn't take 10 years to get on just on the road???

the guy in his 30's, 40's 50's tend to be in a financial position and mindset to more readily own a modern chally. I personally, could never afford to take on to a dealershop for reapairs if out of warranty!!?? LOL

At 62 I to have lost my interest in older Mopars. Living in Indiana with the damn winters they gave me something to do but been there done that and want something different to do but ??????? would love to have a modern muscle car and be in the soutwest someplace but need to keep working for insurance my wife just got on a new med for her RA and it's $2500 a month that's 30K a year OUCH

At 62 I to have lost my interest in older Mopars. Living in Indiana with the damn winters they gave me something to do but been there done that and want something different to do but ??????? would love to have a modern muscle car and be in the soutwest someplace but need to keep working for insurance my wife just got on a new med for her RA and it's $2500 a month OUCH

wow $2500!!!! I feel for you. My opinion of the drug co. is pretty BAD! my daughter needs a (one time) purchase of a med that costs $1200! I told her to contact the company and see if they could help out??

bottom line is, a hobby is something we do for pleasure. when the hobby becomes work and not pleasure, then maybe its time to change things. if owning and driving the modern cars has the fun factor, then its time to work toward that! I admit that the ratio of work, agrivation, and expense as to PLEASURE, in this old hobby, is sometimes getting out of BALANCE!!LOL ( maybe chunk the 3:23 and get a 4:10 ???! LOL

I can relate to this thread. There are some weeks I can't get motivated and other weeks I'm on it like white on rice. Working out of a car port sucks because anything you take out you have to put back, so working on the car after work you have to be selective on what you want to do and save you big stuff for the weekends.
Working off of a creeper is my worst pain in the ***. You always forget something that you need 10 seconds after you just got on your back. I'm still waiting for PCH to knock on my door so I can build a shop with a lift.

-
Back