Harm's Carburetors

-
how can someone disagree with my personal experience? doesn't make much sense.
NINE month old thread and some low post count member clicks a disagree....Joe, you deserve better than that guy. You've been a solid member. I don't always agree with you but you seem to be a smart dude.
I've found that it seems most likely that the ones that click a red X on others is often a low post count dude that rarely backs up his "disagree", if ever.
If I get a red X from a member that I respect, I actually do stop for a moment to reflect on what I wrote to see if in fact I did get it wrong. If the red X clicker is one of the dorks from the forum or a low post count hermit, screw his opinion....it doesn't matter.
I have met Scott Smith. The man is a good Mopar resource but knows more than Mopars.
In a country with over 340 million people, there are surely more than 3 or 4 quality rebuilders of carburetors.
Woodruff is a site sponsor at FBBO. Is he one on this forum too?
It is good to give a recommendation to known reliable vendors. Sometimes budgets are tight and two way shipping for getting the work done can add up.
Cheers....

EASY!!! I have had to back up & "undo" at least half a dozen Red X's, if the phone screen is in a touchy mood, or I don't hit the screen with enough glide it tags the X right along that side.....annoying. Some Members have tagged it w/o realizing it, and removed it later, let's not get too bent too soon & slam @ls23h w/o a chance....plus He's posted a ton of cool old-school pics in the random pics thread.
Jim K6

IDGAF about a red X 99% of the time and I don’t loose my **** when I get them.

Cliff Ruggles
Sean Murphy
Not sure if either or both are retired
Also you can contact Lars Grimstad in Colorado. [email protected] Lars may also be retired but he has written several papers dealing with all aspects of rebuilding, tuning and evaluating the Q,JET. All of his carbs were tested and tuned on his shop engine before being sent back to the customer. When I had my 75 Vette with an M4MC 800cfm QJet he was very helpful when I got into trouble with tuning. I still have a 750 Q" on my shelf that is a backup for my 440 if I need to work on the 3310. My spare came from an early 90's Dakota in a local salvage yard.
Thanks for reading, Jerry

Yes, his name is Dave @ Woodruff but goes by DANA on the computer. I was down his way dropping off a few things yesterday ! Great guy to deal with for sure.

Scott is a standup guy. Very anal when it comes to his work. You want that in a carb builder. If you want a carb restored Scott is the go to guy. If you want a rebuild go to the local guy.

NINE month old thread and some low post count member clicks a disagree....Joe, you deserve better than that guy. You've been a solid member. I don't always agree with you but you seem to be a smart dude.
I've found that it seems most likely that the ones that click a red X on others is often a low post count dude that rarely backs up his "disagree", if ever.
If I get a red X from a member that I respect, I actually do stop for a moment to reflect on what I wrote to see if in fact I did get it wrong. If the red X clicker is one of the dorks from the forum or a low post count hermit, screw his opinion....it doesn't matter.
I have met Scott Smith. The man is a good Mopar resource but knows more than Mopars.
In a country with over 340 million people, there are surely more than 3 or 4 quality rebuilders of carburetors.
Woodruff is a site sponsor at FBBO. Is he one on this forum too?
It is good to give a recommendation to known reliable vendors. Sometimes budgets are tight and two way shipping for getting the work done can add up.
Cheers....
Agree. My problem is when I hit the “Reply” button I sometimes hit the big red X. I have big fingers

I sent Scott a txt last night. He just replied.

Thank you John! Please post for me if you dont mind. First of all my phone number listed on the site is my old land line which I had disconnected, I went to cell only, same one Ive had for 25 years, 801-940-2689. I do all types of carburetors, anything from the Muscle car era, Mopar, GM, Ford, etc. I have been extremely busy and since the Covid era my supply chain has been terrible causing me to be held up on jobs for a myriad if reasons. Accordingly my back log is over a year at this time and due to this I have temporarily stopped a accepting new jobs until I can get caught up. If anyone would like more information please feel free to pick up the phone anytime. Thank you, Scott
Sent from my iPhone

-
Back