has anybody built there own blower manifold

-

tooslow

Reaction score
A weind 177 supercharger fell in my lap. No weind manifolds for a RB MOPAR
IF I took a dual quad low rise and made rectangular housing to bolt to the top of the manifold then bolt the 177 single carb blower to the top of the housing. Could it be that simple?????????
The unit came off a 454 chevy so a single carb will work

It will work as long as you have a common plenum feeding the a/f to all 8 intake runners. Machine away the dual quad pattern, exposing a common plenum and then weld a plate to your intake that has the blower bolt pattern.
Depending on what snout you have, lining up the drive belt can be achieved by carefull measuring and location of your plate you are welding in.
And the machining should make the surface parallel to the crank, some dual quad intakes have the carbs on a slight angle.
DLI had intakes for sb and bb Mopars.

Your car cranks! white two door Mirada? Thanks for the info.

Yeah, thats me.
You might want want to buy a 6-71 blower manifold and bolt a plate to that.
This way if you want to upgrade in the future to a 6 or 8-71 blower you have the manifold.
I got a 174 blower with a 6 rib belt and it slips. 10 rib belt and pullies are nice.

It will work as long as you have a common plenum feeding the a/f to all 8 intake runners. Machine away the dual quad pattern, exposing a common plenum and then weld a plate to your intake that has the blower bolt pattern.
Depending on what snout you have, lining up the drive belt can be achieved by carefull measuring and location of your plate you are welding in.
And the machining should make the surface parallel to the crank, some dual quad intakes have the carbs on a slight angle.
DLI had intakes for sb and bb Mopars.

DLI
Did anybody take over the operation or are they now out of business?

DLI is out of bussiness. Nobody is taking it over, the family seems to be arguing over the landy name and rights.
I got a small bock 174 DLI setup. There customer service was non existant. Robert Landy, Didk Landys son was extreemly difficult to deal with.
Im now using a Bill Laney blower manifold with an 8-71 blower on a sb Mopar.

Indy cylinder heads makes the mod man intake that works with one

No Kidding!!! this is like falling off a log!! The 177 is new, fits PERFECT with my MArch serpetine pulley set-up. the second crank pullety I am not using. Snout length is perfect, I have a beefed up 440 i screwed up on when I chose forged pistons and its 8 to 1 with my 906 heads

With my low rise dual qaud manifold its not reccomended to build on top of the two carb bases and attach a welded AL box???? The two carb bases would be kept seperate.
The right way is to Mill between the two carb bases and make one plenum. Then weld a base plate to the manifold-this is correct
?????

I will check the Indy solution today but i don't have indy heads and want to use my fresh 906's

the manifold of choice

Attachments

• $(KGrHqUOKiUE5hKZ6MP3BOe6DRNoKQ~~60_12.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 525
the 671 i have the guy had milled the top of a edelbrock 440 sixpak intake and welded a proper shaped plate to the top and added more weld to the center front of the intake the milled it flat to install a pop off plate if theres to much boosti guess

got some help from a friendly machineshop,here is the result:

Bild0234.jpg

yep its one big piece of billet,not cheap and not the easiest way.

-
Back