Has Anyone Actually Sold a Vehicle on This Site?

-
Hey Jackie, do you have the link to the car? I would be curious to see what happens to it...... Looking back now I should have kept that one and just sold the H code car.......

JW

Hey John....link below. The thread will come back alive when he gets through with his 72, I'm sure. It will be nice when he's done.
1973 Duster Build

I bought a 68 barracuda fastback from here two years ago, and I got a heck of a good deal on a back seat a couple days ago

needed passenger bucket seat for 69 gts figured it would be hard to buy just 1 seat but found it on here for a reasonable price.

everyone here knows pretty much exactly what our things are worth so no ones bites for overpriced thing. sell it at a good price and it will move. Try selling it at a huge markup and it will stagnate, then its pariah. Wanna make a killing and sleep on it? Craigs or worse Ebay. Your gonna jam some guy but it will be his dime and his decision. I just feel we know what we ar into and we also know there is many guys with the same part so we can wait. I have bought many things on this site and it has always been a friendly deal.

I bought one car off of FABO, a '76 Duster. Transaction went well. I've also bought several items off of FABO, all went well. I sold one item, that went well too. Very few leave feedback.
  • I will say this about FABO based on several threads here. Folks talk like a good condition, good running, 99% rust free Duster (/6 or 318) should sell for 3500, yet I've been here a few years and never had the opportunity to buy one of these at "fair market value". In the mean time, I'm still overpaying for my Mopars :D

I bought one car off of FABO, a '76 Duster. Transaction went well. I've also bought several items off of FABO, all went well. I sold one item, that went well too. Very few leave feedback.
  • I will say this about FABO based on several threads here. Folks talk like a good condition, good running, 99% rust free Duster (/6 or 318) should sell for 3500, yet I've been here a few years and never had the opportunity to buy one of these at "fair market value". In the mean time, I'm still overpaying for my Mopars :D
Had one of those advertised here on FABO 2 years ago Yes I had offer of $2500 and I would had to deliver it 200 miles North up in Mo. Remember?..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sold it locally for $2500. NO other lookers.
Yes I agree a good, rust free/repaired, solid running driving duster , all there, original seats, etc is worth $3500 retail. Hard to get that in Mo., with a slant in it.

I have sold many many parts on here. But I have had zero luck selling cars. Most of the time it is a distance thing.

Had one of those advertised here on FABO 2 years ago Yes I had offer of $2500 and I would had to deliver it 200 miles North up in Mo. Remember?..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sold it locally for $2500. NO other lookers.
Yes I agree a good, rust free/repaired, solid running driving duster , all there, original seats, etc is worth $3500 retail. Hard to get that in Mo., with a slant in it.
I disagree, especially if were talk'n 70-72's, I have family in Mo. Sorry
  • And yes, I remember, i was going to family in Chillicothe, and I believe you said you'd take 2k for it, but I offered to pay the full 2500 for gas/time for your troubles (500 bucks).
  • Example of differences in opinion of what good and solid means: I drove up by Minnesota to look at a "Solid, nice '74 Duster rust-free with 318". Truth when I got there, every where I looked was squares of metal welded in covering rust, yep, under the hood, trunk, top of fenders, 1/4's full of mud, couldn't find a place on the "solid" car where there wasn't a nice 4x6" patch of steel welded and plain to see, and looked like it was shot with a rattle can ... LOL... asking price? 3500 Did I buy it? Nope, just had a nice scenic trip :)
  • I got this '74 for 2800, a running, driving car /6. Dings, faded paint, vinyl roof ripped up (I tore it off before the pix), average original interior that you'd expect to find, but from Az and no rust underneath, and a real solid body. passenger 1/4 has the most dings. Drivers door stricker is "home-made fixed".. LOL. This was a great find in my nick of the woods.
  • dscn0478-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
I have sold many many parts on here. But I have had zero luck selling cars. Most of the time it is a distance thing.
Still kicking myself. A few months ago a member had a nice 64 Dart. It was in Pennsylvania. Too far to drive with a empty trailer. I was thinking about flying out and driving it home. I was up for the adventure until I figured around trip plane ticket would be a $1000 If I didn't want it when I got there. I contacted the seller and cancelled. The more I thought about it the more I wanted it. I contacted the seller a week later and he had sold it that morning locally. Yes, still kicking myself.

Still kicking myself. A few months ago a member had a nice 64 Dart. It was in Pennsylvania. Too far to drive with a empty trailer. I was thinking about flying out and driving it home. I was up for the adventure until I figured around trip plane ticket would be a $1000 If I didn't want it when I got there. I contacted the seller and cancelled. The more I thought about it the more I wanted it. I contacted the seller a week later and he had sold it that morning locally. Yes, still kicking myself.
distance is the number 1 killer of deals. I "almost" bought a '72 318 Duster here on FABO from Cali. The guy said he'd take 5k, but the shipping was going to put me just over 6k. A lot of money to pay off of a picture and somebody else's assessment. I still almost did it..... because it's about the only way to get one here in our area that would be as nice as that one looked/appeared to be...

Seeing all these posts of positive transactions will make me consider FABO first when my 65 Darts time comes. :thumbsup:
Figured after at least three of the dreaded deal was done then a wife wont let me do it pm was sent my luck would change and it did.
In the non mopar vehicles section to boot.

Me I just don't deliver an car without a down, unless I know the buyer well and personable. Been there, done it. Ha... and if the buyer does not know me, he does not realize if I tell the man as I WALK around it with phone in hand, of all the possible dings I might see or feel, and he does not know if I can guarantee the quality of metal work, etc......But, I rather fix a rusted panel than put filler over the entire side of a dinged up car!!!! Rather have one rust free and straight. That is what that Duster was. All rust repaired right and pretty darn straight .. a driver.

GOOD cars out of Az and Ca are worth more than a dinged up, rusted POS. Problem is when you try to buy with photos! ha and from someone that you do not know. People hate to deal with shippers/transporters. Me too! Been there too! I have bought many a car over the phone before the net and cell phone pics, I learned to ask the right questions and have a feel for liers selling (non car people generally) a car. I got screwed about condition (engine) once , out of more than a few cars bought.

Vast majority of people on this site are "car people". They get it. What you will find on these sites aremany people that keep up with what cars are actually selling for and maybe just in their area or Nationally even. . Over the years I have owned several 66 Chargers, for instance. I like them> Most don't. Rare? Hard to find. Maybe. Makes them worth more $. NOooo. If wanted to buy one in a certain condition, I would go to FBBO or one of the Facebook sites, and ask what are they ACTUALLY selling for. I just don't know. What should I expect to pay? I don't need to know what the price ask price is on CL, Hemmings, MCG..... I know the prices quoted on FBBO will be way short of CL prices. But that is the real world....

Actually, the '76 Duster I bought off this site had me real worried. The guy arranged shipping, then I got the news that the shipper "wrecked", and it would be a few weeks before another attempt could be made. You can imagine the thoughts of scam that entered my mind. But, as it were, the FABO positive experience again prevailed as the seller was committed to seeing this through the end, and, as promised, my Duster arrived!

I sold a 75 Dart parts car and bought a 74 Duster from here.
Both times all went great!

I just drove 2200 miles (rt) to buy a car that was advertised by a FABO member that actually belonged to a non member and I'm happy to say it was worth the drive . Anyone wanting to do a long trip like this I highly recommend renting a Uhaul car transport , saves the trouble of pulling an empty trailer and wow do they pull nice .

I bought a car from a member @HTRTrash a couple years ago. I drove from Saskatchewan Canada to Texas to pick it up. It was exactly as it was represented in the ad and I could not have been happier. I have bought many parts too. This is a great commnity!
Cley

I just drove 2200 miles (rt) to buy a car that was advertised by a FABO member that actually belonged to a non member and I'm happy to say it was worth the drive . Anyone wanting to do a long trip like this I highly recommend renting a Uhaul car transport , saves the trouble of pulling an empty trailer and wow do they pull nice .

Awesome and congrats.
Just curious for future reference. Did you drive your own truck down to florida and rent a uhaul transport trailer there and drop it off back home at local uhaul.
Thanks

Thanks. Cost is not bad either. Will consider this in future as ive had 2 empty trailer rides home after dealing with a bs seller( not fabo)

If deal goes sideways after seein a car in person which is always possible you've had a good road trip and aren't even more pissed haulin an empty clankin *** trailer home. LOL.

I bought a demon off here, nearly a 68 dart..and bought plenty of parts..so from being on the other side of the world..trusting people ive never met its nothing but a positive experience with never a drama....our fabo family should be proud of the way they conduct business with other passionate about there cars!

-
Back