Has anyone ever ??

-

Still Looking !!

Reaction score
Has anyone ever removed the tension rods that are used on the hood hinges ??
I have removed these rods as I needed the room, as I went with an HEI dist. now the hinges don't let the hood set correctly. Has anyone come up with a replacement for the stock hinges ??
Any help would be appreciated.

I have removed these rods as I needed the room, as I went with an HEI dist. now the hinges don't let the hood set correctly. Has anyone come up with a replacement for the stock hinges ??

1965 Barracuda

Can you space it between the hinge and the hood, or use stops like the front?

I am assuming the hinges now let the hood sag down farther.

Yes someone did change that on a 66 Valiant & he had a YouTube video on this modification.

What HEI distributor? Probably not the Chinese "ready-to-run" one, since many use that and I recall no reports of issues. I am guessing you have a small block.

What HEI distributor? Probably not the Chinese "ready-to-run" one, since many use that and I recall no reports of issues. I am guessing you have a small block.

Yes, it is a small block 273 and the hinges bolt on the side of the hood. . So spacing it doesn't seem to be a fix. Was just hoping to use someone else's knowledge about Mopars, to fix my problem.
I don't know anything about a Chinese HEI ,but I will look at the box and see.

I know it's not what you asked for, but why not put a regular small bodied distributor back in? Seems like you're trying to re-engineer the car to accommodate a GM part.

I know it's not what you asked for, but why not put a regular small bodied distributor back in? Seems like you're trying to re-engineer the car to accommodate a GM part.

There's a web a site where the guy fabricates a bracket that's secured to the underside of a stock Mopar LA electronic distributor. An HEI module is secured to the underside of the bracket. Pretty much out of sight and does the same thing as those HEI distributors. I thought I had bookmnarked that site but apparently not.

-
Back